Site update and changes from 2/13/2013

Debugging - Report Issues - Suggestions
Shawn
Site Admin

Site update and changes from 2/13/2013

Postby Shawn » February 13th, 2013, 4:06 pm

Completed Today:

The header image (our logo) was made clickable per your request

Breadcrumbs were added above the posts that include the main index and the forum in which the topic lies

Small image and link was added to the forum page that brings you to the first unread topic, per everyone's request

I attempted to make images not appear in quotes, but I was not able to do so. I will continue working on this. In the mean time, PLEASE DON'T QUOTE IMAGES (Just delete the image from the quote before posting).

Added a "Donate" button to the bottom of the page

Images should now be made into thumbnails and not be too large, however this item is a constant struggle. It should work now, but if there is a specific thread that is an issue with photos too large, please report them.

Any other suggestions/complaints/things to address?

Le Sueur
Landmark Center

Re: Site update and changes from 2/13/2013

Postby Le Sueur » February 14th, 2013, 1:57 am

Shawn wrote:
Completed Today:
Small image and link was added to the forum page that brings you to the first unread topic, per everyone's request

This is showing up on the main boards, but not on the "View Unread Posts" page where it is most useful.

Shawn wrote:
Any other suggestions/complaints/things to address?

What's the status of the "Post Reply" page? I used most of the mods you added to the old theme. The bbvideo especially. Are you trying to limit mods made to the theme now?
Last edited by Le Sueur on February 14th, 2013, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fehler
Rice Park

Postby fehler » February 14th, 2013, 3:47 pm

When I look at each forum, I have an icon to go to the first unread post. But when I look at the page "View Unread Posts", I do not have that little icon next to each topic.

Shawn
Site Admin

Postby Shawn » February 15th, 2013, 5:00 pm

Added the first urnead post code to search results as well - Should show up on all pages now. Let me know if you find anywhere it doesn't show up.

Shawn
Site Admin

Postby Shawn » February 15th, 2013, 5:35 pm

What specifically on the post reply page did you need in terms of BBcode? I can add youtube, what else?

*note, I'm aware quotes are currently not working*

Le Sueur
Landmark Center

Postby Le Sueur » February 15th, 2013, 8:52 pm

What specifically on the post reply page did you need in terms of BBcode?
Little hard to remember the layout as the old theme has been disabled.

The advanced text features were nice but not really needed. The advanced video, and url buttons are about all I can think of. Video allowing things other than youtube to be embeded. And the url button allowed for one click link naming rather than typing this: ]url=http://url]URL Text[/url].

If you're looking to slim down the theme, remove complexity, etc, nbd. The "Last unread post" link was really what I was looking for and that works from the search page now. Thank you.

MSPtoMKE
Rice Park

Postby MSPtoMKE » February 17th, 2013, 12:54 am

This may be a peculiarity of my ancient first generation iPad, but there seems to be a formatting problem how the forum is displayed in Safari on it. The light blue header bar that the logo is in extends farther to the right than any of the other parts of the page. This causes all the content to be shrunk to the left 2/3 of the screen. You can zoom in to show a more normal view, but each time you go to a new page it goes back to the shrunken view. Any ideas? This started happening after the newest round of improvements, but I seem to recall it was normal for at least a little while after.

Edit: tried it in the iPad version of Chrome, and it displays the same way.
My flickr photos.

Shawn
Site Admin

Postby Shawn » February 17th, 2013, 6:15 pm

Good question...I will look into it. Doing the same for me.