Minnescraper Archive

Debugging - Report Issues - Suggestions
mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Minnescraper Archive

Postby mattaudio » August 8th, 2012, 1:43 pm

Any way we could get an archive of the site brought over here? I'm not even sure how it would be technically possible. But it would be so nice since there's such a good archive of info at Minnescraper! Thanks for the site, and it's great to see UrbanMSP taking off.

Shawn
Site Admin

Re: Minnescraper Archive

Postby Shawn » August 9th, 2012, 7:19 pm

Any way we could get an archive of the site brought over here? I'm not even sure how it would be technically possible. But it would be so nice since there's such a good archive of info at Minnescraper!
I heard someone downloaded archives of the old site? I'm interested as to what format that is and how we could display it here. Would I be able to install another phpBB board at something like UrbanMSP/old and then upload archives from Minnescraper? I wouldn't want to upload it to our current forum.
Thanks for the site, and it's great to see UrbanMSP taking off
Glad to do it, the site is looking great and I love reading everyone's opinions about everything. Puts a new perspective on all the work I see going on.

Andrew_F
Rice Park

Postby Andrew_F » August 13th, 2012, 2:31 am

I archived it.

What I have is a 2.41 GB folder that mirrors the site. When I read it, I just open it in Chrome-- it's downloaded as HTML and associated images, ect, so there's no need to install any forum software and then add the database to it or anything like that (I don't have the database-- I just have the HTML pages produced by the database & forum software).

I think all you would need to do is through the folder into a publicly accessible place.

Shawn
Site Admin

Postby Shawn » February 24th, 2014, 3:43 pm

Any way for you to send the files my way? If so, I can get them up at UrbanMSP.com/Minnescraper or /Archive, whatever y'all prefer.

Dropbox may be a good way to send them over. Otherwise I can give you FTP access and just have you upload them yourself if that works.

Shawn
Site Admin

Postby Shawn » March 3rd, 2014, 12:31 am

UrbanMSP.com/archive will show you the old Minnescraper site. I can't remove that initial page, however you can just bookmark the main page here: https://forum.streets.mn/archive/Minnescrape ... index.html