Quoting

Debugging - Report Issues - Suggestions
mplsjaromir
Wells Fargo Center

Quoting

Postby mplsjaromir » June 2nd, 2012, 3:57 pm

Is there any chance of going to the Minnescraper style quoting? That was real easy.

Shawn
Site Admin

Re: Quoting

Postby Shawn » June 3rd, 2012, 12:27 am

mplsjaromir wrote:Is there any chance of going to the Minnescraper style quoting? That was real easy.
Oy...that was easier than expected. Is this what you had in mind?

mplsjaromir
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mplsjaromir » June 3rd, 2012, 8:21 am

More like this with the quote button in the on every post.

kregger22

Re: Welcome to UrbanMSP!

Postby kregger22 » May 21st, 2013, 11:28 am

I'm not sure which forum to post this question, so this seemed as good as any, but I'm wondering how to copy what someone else said and paste it into a new reply with the small box around it and the original posters name so others know who posted it so it doesn't merge with your own comment? Help Please.

Andrew_F
Rice Park

Re: Welcome to UrbanMSP!

Postby Andrew_F » May 21st, 2013, 12:39 pm

kregger22 wrote:I'm not sure which forum to post this question, so this seemed as good as any, but I'm wondering how to copy what someone else said and paste it into a new reply with the small box around it and the original posters name so others know who posted it so it doesn't merge with your own comment? Help Please.
There are a few ways to do it.

1. You can click the "quote" button next to their post, which will open the full post editor with their post already quoted.

2. From the full editor, you can scroll through the recent posts below, and click the quote button to add the quote into your post.

3. From the full editor you can copy/paste their post into the text box and then click the quote button above the text entry box.

4. You can type it in manually. Place "[quote="poster'sname]" in front of what you are quoting and "[/quote]" behind it. For example:

Code: Select all

[quote="kregger22"]I'm not sure which forum to post this question, so this seemed as good as any, but I'm wondering how to copy what someone else said and paste it into a new reply with the small box around it and the original posters name so others know who posted it so it doesn't merge with your own comment? Help Please.[/quote]

seanrichardryan
Capella Tower

Postby seanrichardryan » June 1st, 2013, 4:45 pm

Pleeeeease feel free to cut out only what content you are responding to and place that in the quote brackets.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

Le Sueur
Landmark Center

Postby Le Sueur » June 1st, 2013, 9:20 pm

^^^This.

Return to “Updates - Announcements - Problems - Suggestions”