Subforums

Debugging - Report Issues - Suggestions
FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Re: Subforums

Postby FISHMANPET » April 25th, 2014, 10:15 am

Also while we're at it, can threads in the Greater Minnesota have the city added to the name, the same way that threads in Suburbs have the name in the thread?

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » April 25th, 2014, 6:25 pm

It's becoming apparent to me that maybe we need two different types of "Anything Goes" subforums.

One for general urban issues/ideas/concepts "General Urban Issues Discussion" or whatever clever name we come up with.

The other would be the standard "Anything Goes" category...literally anything goes.
Eh, I dunno. Seems like that could get real nitpicky--most threads in most subforums involve urban issues other than the project at hand, right?
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » April 25th, 2014, 6:43 pm

I guess I was hoping to separate neat stuff like "Urbanist Confessions" and "Apartment Boom" and other random urban/city topics from truly general discussion threads like "Game of Thrones" and "Soccer" and any other random stuff that might crop up like "what's your favorite band?", etc. Right now it's a dual purpose subforum with 202 threads. I'm just saying there are two distinct types of "Anything Goes".

MNdible
is great.

Re: Maintenance

Postby MNdible » September 19th, 2016, 8:56 am

I think we should give a nod to tradition (and function) by listing Uptown first on the MPLS S-SW subform subhead. Even though people apparently hate it (because it's not as authentic as it used to be), it's still a major thing.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » September 19th, 2016, 9:06 am

Can do. Also, yowzers there are way more active Uptown threads in the "new" South-Southwest subforum than I expected there to be. Even though it sometimes seems like there is growth happening everywhere, there is still probably more new construction happening around greater Uptown than the remainder of S/SW combined. I understand the frustration of those who don't want to wade through a dozen+ Uptown threads they don't care about, but I also expect that will sort itself out as the current slate of active projects around Uptown finish construction this year.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » September 19th, 2016, 9:13 am

So, in the new forum regime, a University of Minnesota West Bank project should be posted where?

Silophant

Postby Silophant » September 19th, 2016, 9:17 am

I would say Minneapolis - South/Southwest, using the river as the divider, but I see that 7West was sorted into North/Northeast/Southeast. We should come up with a defined line if it's not going to be the river. Riverside Ave?
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » September 19th, 2016, 9:26 am

How about this:
If it's an actual University building/project on campus, the most logical place would be "U of M - General Topics".
If it's something in the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood, then South/Southwest.

Personally, I don't like how the City (and by extension, Census) groups Cedar-Riverside with the University community area, but whatevs. It's not as flagrant as grouping Whitter & Lyndale in the Powderhorn community area, which hasn't made sense since 35W went in 50 years ago.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » September 19th, 2016, 9:37 am

That should work. Unless that West Bank Rec Center proposed a while back suddenly goes through, I don't know of any University WB projects on the radar that would warrant their own thread. So we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

The South/Southwest subforum should probably get "Cedar-Riverside" or "West Bank" added to its description.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]