800 Washington Ave S (Guthrie Ramp liner development: Reloaded)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
John
Capella Tower

Re: 800 Washington Ave S (Guthrie Ramp liner development: Reloaded)

Postby John » July 11th, 2018, 2:52 pm

Agree, the Sherman proposal is nice and if its chosen that's fine. As far as the trees in the pocket gardens of AECOM, they would be consistently be well maintained by the condo association, with the species carefully chosen to be hardy enough to thrive in their constrained environment. It will be less neglected, and probably better planned/ thought out than Nicollet Mall ;)

jtoemke
Nicollet Mall

Re: 800 Washington Ave S (Guthrie Ramp liner development: Reloaded)

Postby jtoemke » July 12th, 2018, 6:29 am

Seth wrote:
July 11th, 2018, 2:36 pm
Not that it's a make or break factor, but I'm puzzled at the comments saying the trees on the AECOM project won't survive. LPM and Nic on 5th are both supporting 2+ story trees on their roof decks. As long as the right cultivars are selected and proper measures are taken to enable their success, I don't see why it wouldn't work here as well.
I don't think they are saying its impossible, its just more difficult to keep them alive the farther from the ground. One reason is wind gets more intense up there and another being that the little bugs that help trees don't like to leave the ground. They get kind of isolated.

That being said, I would be great - they just can't plant and forget about them. It will be a battle.

Return to “Minneapolis - Downtown”