Page 96 of 146

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 7th, 2014, 7:38 am
by TommyT
mullen wrote:ceremonial groundbreaking next Tues.
http://kstp.com/article/stories/S3425177.shtml?cat=7/
Whats up with Ryan's Hotel/Apartment building on the ramp being covered up in that picture?

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 7th, 2014, 7:53 am
by twincitizen
I'm pretty sure that's KSTP's "illustration" of the air rights development slapped onto an old rendering.

To my knowledge, there aren't any updated renderings of the entire DTE area that include the parking ramp development. Heck, they haven't even updated the renderings to include the streets that will be cutting up the park.

It's also important to remember that the air rights development is essentially a separate project from the Wells Fargo blocks. The proposed hotel/apartment tower hasn't even sought approval by the city yet. Only the sale of the air rights was approved.

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 7th, 2014, 9:35 am
by nordeast homer
Strange to have the groundbreaking ceremony about a month after they actually broke ground...

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 7th, 2014, 11:12 am
by go4guy
I think this is pretty common with any project. It is hard to have a ceremonial ground breaking with pavement covering the entire property. I am sure all of the top soil will be exposed, and they can each dig a shovel of dirt to start out the real excavation.

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 7th, 2014, 11:54 am
by mnmike
twincitizen wrote:I'm pretty sure that's KSTP's "illustration" of the air rights development slapped onto an old rendering.

To my knowledge, there aren't any updated renderings of the entire DTE area that include the parking ramp development. Heck, they haven't even updated the renderings to include the streets that will be cutting up the park.

It's also important to remember that the air rights development is essentially a separate project from the Wells Fargo blocks. The proposed hotel/apartment tower hasn't even sought approval by the city yet. Only the sale of the air rights was approved.
Sure there were updated renderings, KSTP is just awful about this kind of thing.
Image

But none of the renderings illustrate the Wells buildings at 17 floors, that I am interested to see.

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 7th, 2014, 12:20 pm
by Drizzay
^ So beautiful!

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 7th, 2014, 12:31 pm
by MNdible
Isn't the new Vikings Stadium drawn too close in that view? If I'm remembering correctly, there's a large plaza beyond Chicago Avenue before the Stadium, right?

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 7th, 2014, 1:08 pm
by lordmoke
MNdible wrote:Isn't the new Vikings Stadium drawn too close in that view? If I'm remembering correctly, there's a large plaza beyond Chicago Avenue before the Stadium, right?
Yeah. 4th St by the new buildings also doesn't line up with 4th St by the existing buildings, making the park look bigger.

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 7th, 2014, 3:31 pm
by fehler
Wow, a little pocket of summer inside Winter City.

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 7th, 2014, 4:17 pm
by MNdible
lordmoke wrote:Yeah. 4th St by the new buildings also doesn't line up with 4th St by the existing buildings, making the park look bigger.
Yeah, they are increasing the setback along that building face, but probably not by as much as that rendering would suggest.

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 8th, 2014, 12:57 pm
by twincitizen
Rick Collins, the Ryan Cos executive / deal-making guru in charge of this project has left Minneapolis to head Ryan's Southwest region operations, based in Phoenix (boo, hiss). Cheers to him for getting this deal done.

http://finance-commerce.com/2014/05/ric ... southwest/

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 9th, 2014, 8:51 am
by mattaudio
Yikes, I wonder why Phoenix would be more appealing (other than maybe the weather, if you don't like seasons). Good luck to him. He's done some good things here.

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 9th, 2014, 1:53 pm
by Wedgeguy
Probably that Phoenix needs some leadership that can get some projects underway. Ryan has a full plate here in MPLS at the moment. There are others in the organization and can get the projects to completion. I have no real knowledge of what the real estate market in Phoenix is like at the moment. But if their state politics is any indication, then their in a mess of trouble.

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 9th, 2014, 5:11 pm
by urbancycler
Wedgeguy wrote:Probably that Phoenix needs some leadership that can get some projects underway. Ryan has a full plate here in MPLS at the moment. There are others in the organization and can get the projects to completion. I have no real knowledge of what the real estate market in Phoenix is like at the moment. But if their state politics is any indication, then their in a mess of trouble.
Ryan is pretty busy in Arizona - They're currently working on the biggest development deal in the states history in Tempe. http://vimeo.com/71303533 The old regional president retired and Rick will take over. Sadly :(

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 9th, 2014, 5:52 pm
by Wedgeguy
urbancycler wrote:
Wedgeguy wrote:Probably that Phoenix needs some leadership that can get some projects underway. Ryan has a full plate here in MPLS at the moment. There are others in the organization and can get the projects to completion. I have no real knowledge of what the real estate market in Phoenix is like at the moment. But if their state politics is any indication, then their in a mess of trouble.
Ryan is pretty busy in Arizona - They're currently working on the biggest development deal in the states history in Tempe. http://vimeo.com/71303533 The old regional president retired and Rick will take over. Sadly :(
If Rick did such a good job with keeping all the pieces of the many MPLS projects in line. Three and probably counting, for projects all going on about the same time. Then he would definitely be the man to make sure that all is in order for the big project in Tempe. Prove yourself and you get promoted. I'm sure that the MPLS office has some depth of talent to keep all of the projects on track here.

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 9th, 2014, 6:40 pm
by MS3
mattaudio wrote:Yikes, I wonder why Phoenix would be more appealing (other than maybe the weather, if you don't like seasons). Good luck to him. He's done some good things here.
He's probably a snow bird and is getting an early jump on winter, since 56 degrees and rain everyday is the forecast through August..

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 9th, 2014, 6:58 pm
by Nathan
urbancycler wrote:
Wedgeguy wrote:Probably that Phoenix needs some leadership that can get some projects underway. Ryan has a full plate here in MPLS at the moment. There are others in the organization and can get the projects to completion. I have no real knowledge of what the real estate market in Phoenix is like at the moment. But if their state politics is any indication, then their in a mess of trouble.
Ryan is pretty busy in Arizona - They're currently working on the biggest development deal in the states history in Tempe. http://vimeo.com/71303533 The old regional president retired and Rick will take over. Sadly :(
That's where I used to park my car when I went to ASU ;D Glad to see that lot go.

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 9th, 2014, 7:32 pm
by Tyler
F#!K ASU.

Yo.

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 9th, 2014, 8:01 pm
by Nathan
Tyler wrote:F#!K ASU.

Yo.
true that. I don't have a degree from there for a reason.

Re: Downtown East Project (Ryan Companies / Wells Fargo)

Posted: May 14th, 2014, 12:24 pm
by Minneboy
Surprised that no one has posted on this in 5 days especially since they had their formal ground breaking yesterday. No one there? No pictures? Oh well. On a side note I was hoping that Ryan would have released their final proposal of their plans for the air rights above the parking ramp.