DTE: Wells Fargo, Radisson Red, Edition Apts & Millwright Building

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
grant1simons2
IDS Center

Re: DTE: Wells Fargo, Radisson Red, Edition Apts & Millwright Building

Postby grant1simons2 » August 7th, 2018, 8:49 am

Hey! There are LEED certified parking garages!

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » August 7th, 2018, 9:08 am

alexschief wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 8:29 am
... above a massive parking ramp.
Incorrect, it's on the sliver of grass on the south side of the parking ramp. Facts still matter. Their exercise was about making a Class-A downtown office building Net Zero, they don't own that ramp, nor was this an exercise about making everyone who works in the building be Net Zero in life.

alexschief
Rice Park

Postby alexschief » August 7th, 2018, 9:34 am

HiawathaGuy wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 9:08 am
alexschief wrote:
Incorrect, it's on the sliver of grass on the south side of the parking ramp. Facts still matter. Their exercise was about making a Class-A downtown office building Net Zero, they don't own that ramp, nor was this an exercise about making everyone who works in the building be Net Zero in life.
Yikes.

They own (or otherwise have access to) the air rights to the ramp. The building will literally be built above the ramp. Nobody is saying it's a bad thing that they want to build a net zero building, obviously it's a great thing. Only that it's ironic that it would rise above a massive parking ramp. It's a good illustration of our society-wide blindness to the environmental harm caused by our car dependency.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » August 7th, 2018, 9:56 am

alexschief wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 9:34 am
HiawathaGuy wrote:
August 7th, 2018, 9:08 am
alexschief wrote:
Yikes.

They own (or otherwise have access to) the air rights to the ramp. The building will literally be built above the ramp. Nobody is saying it's a bad thing that they want to build a net zero building, obviously it's a great thing. Only that it's ironic that it would rise above a massive parking ramp. It's a good illustration of our society-wide blindness to the environmental harm caused by our car dependency.
I was under the impression they were only looking to build a small slim building on the sliver adjacent to the ramp - my apologies. After digging back to job my memory, it seems as though their last rendering, from 2 years ago, featured a building that encompassed the ramp.

Their recent news release didn't talk about the layout of the Net Zero building, so I thought it was just for the small open lot. I agree with the society-wide blindness, I hope the next century can change that - before it's too late.

Return to “Minneapolis - Downtown”