Downtown Demographics

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
Minneapolisite

Re: Downtown Demographics

Postby Minneapolisite » June 13th, 2013, 5:29 pm

I thought this thread was going to include a breakdown of current downtown residents demographics. As far as rich vs low-income Loring Park is another good example alongside Elliot Park, which just needs some interesting destinations in that commercial node on E 14th & S 10th http://goo.gl/maps/CtxxF for people, including some residents, to frequent local businesses on a regular basis. In Loring Park you also get a contrast of businesses: places like Bar Lurcat & Cafe Maude vs Bar 19 and Asian Taste. As for families in Loring Park it doesn't seem like an issue. There was that map that labeled the area as "gay renters".

mplser
US Bank Plaza

Postby mplser » June 13th, 2013, 9:36 pm

I totally agree about that commercial node on 14th needing better uses. i live a block away, and most of the buildings are just offices or other private uses. I do, however, eat at the Band Box diner waaaaayyy too often.

Edit: so yesterday I walked by and it looks like the corner store across the street from band box has been closed :(
Last edited by mplser on June 14th, 2013, 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » June 14th, 2013, 8:04 am

UrbanMSP lunch at the Band Box? I haven't been since my office moved to the (gasp) suburbs. Box lunch burger sounds good.

Andrew_F
Rice Park

Postby Andrew_F » June 14th, 2013, 8:36 am

Mmmm, that sounds good to me. I haven't been in 5 years, minimum. Classic place. Would also be nice for those of us who tend to have busy evenings.