Soo Line Building Apartments - (501 Marquette Avenue)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
IllogicalJake
Target Field

Re: Soo Line Building Apartments - (501 Marquette Avenue)

Postby IllogicalJake » April 22nd, 2014, 9:43 am

Maybe they'll jazz up those cheap windows they put in. :/
I wouldn't call them cheap, they're triple-pane and kept my unit pretty warm on the coldest days. But, yeah, they could've done more to the arc windows.
i talk too much. web dev, downtown. admin @ tower.ly

downtowndweller
City Center

Postby downtowndweller » July 29th, 2014, 3:31 pm

Only 4 units left... LPM might want to take some notes.

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » July 29th, 2014, 4:51 pm

This has been open for months...LPM has yet to open and hardly anyone has been allowed to tour. There is a difference. Sheesh people...we don't know how LPM will lease yet. Wait a few weeks.

Aville_37
Union Depot

Postby Aville_37 » July 29th, 2014, 5:47 pm

I am sorry but I am really disappointed with this project. Granted I haven't been inside any of the units, but the lobby/shared areas look really cheap and will be dated very quickly. Wish they would've gone with an elegant, timeless look. Simple, clean. Even fake plants!

Silophant

Postby Silophant » July 29th, 2014, 5:58 pm

Only 4 units left... LPM might want to take some notes.
Yeah, I'll go on record as predicting that, when LPM has been open for 8 months, they will also have only a few units left. Like mnmike said, they haven't even been able to give tours yet. Few people will rent an expensive apartment sight unseen.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » July 29th, 2014, 7:07 pm

I am sorry but I am really disappointed with this project. Granted I haven't been inside any of the units, but the lobby/shared areas look really cheap and will be dated very quickly. Wish they would've gone with an elegant, timeless look. Simple, clean. Even fake plants!
I love the lobby you realize that dated means it has character and style... you realize that anything with art deco or baroque or retro features was " dated" but because it was different at the time it stands out and should be. dated isn't negative.

Michael
City Center

Postby Michael » July 29th, 2014, 8:18 pm

Actually my Wife and I moved in on the 1st day (and were the 4th tenants) and we are just now coming up on our lease renewal. While it took most of the winter to get the bugs out we have actually been very happy with the looks, overall value, and amenities and plan on staying for at least another year.

I think the biggest challenge is simply all the great places that are being built within just a few blocks. Soo Line is basically fully occupied at this point and there is now a waiting list for certain units, but with LPM, Nic On Fith, 4Marq, Latitude 45, and the just proposed high-rise at St Anthony, I really will be curious as to how they will fare against the competition. In a year I might feel different but for now Soo Line is one of the best locations downtown.

Drizzay
Metrodome

Postby Drizzay » August 19th, 2014, 11:42 am

Sounds like they are having issues with security. The latest reviews aren't so pleasant:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Soo-Line ... 0408497022#

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » August 19th, 2014, 11:55 am

So nothing has happened? It's just that they don't have anyone at the front desk at night. That's easy, hire a night guard. That'll help Chet and Bernie get some sleep

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » August 19th, 2014, 12:22 pm

Haha no, read the full comment thread on Chet's post. Apparently people are throwing wild parties on the rooftop and leaving behind their trash, vomit, urine, and blood. People passed out in stairwells, trash piled all over, etc etc.

TommyT
Target Field

Postby TommyT » August 19th, 2014, 12:24 pm

Yowza! Almost makes Lime look like an old folks home.

go4guy
Foshay Tower

Postby go4guy » August 19th, 2014, 12:28 pm

For those rents, I would be beyond pissed as well. From the descriptions on Facebook, Village Green is doing a horrible job with this great building.

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » August 19th, 2014, 12:35 pm

Haha no, read the full comment thread on Chet's post. Apparently people are throwing wild parties on the rooftop and leaving behind their trash, vomit, urine, and blood. People passed out in stairwells, trash piled all over, etc etc.
Yep. A silly concierge accidentally leaked every resident's email address to all the resident, so now emails are sent to everyone when there are any complaints. Makes the community look bad.

There are some idiots throwing wild parties on the roof. The people who live on those upper floors pay a damn good amount of money to have to deal with that.

That being said, the management has been more than great in my experience and I'm happy signing a new lease when it comes around. The apartment interiors are very high quality and by far my favorite place to live, and the staff mostly know me by name, which is pretty cool.

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » August 19th, 2014, 12:44 pm

I forgot to mention that a VP of Village Green met me and gave me an impromptu tour of the building with some stories after I mentioned how much I geek out over architecture. The amount of work that went into that building is unreal after the past office configurations ruined so much of the structure's charm. I'm very happy with the result.

ECtransplant
US Bank Plaza

Postby ECtransplant » August 19th, 2014, 1:12 pm

I've had several friends live in various buildings managed by Village Green. Not one has one good thing to say about VG.

twinkess
Target Field

Postby twinkess » August 19th, 2014, 1:23 pm

I have a friend living in that building. The amenity area on the rooftop is already showing lots of wear (almost cut myself on a round metal table where the metal is ... peeling off or something). Some of the tchotchkes on the wall have either been vandalized or accidentally broken.

Finally the rooftop bathroom was out of TP. My friend says it is always like that and he suspects people steal it.

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mamundsen » August 19th, 2014, 1:32 pm

I contacted my friend who works for a security company and told him to check out the tread and to try and sell them some service. I am amazed that a downtown residence like this wouldn't be using an actual security company vs their own concierge staff for 24/7 security.

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » August 19th, 2014, 1:47 pm

Can't a good project just be a good project? It's an apartment property having some apartment problems in a very new area for apartments to exist in. They're working out some bumps and having some problems, but overall they've been great.

Chances are, 4Marq and The Nic are going to have problems monitoring security on their outdoor amenity spaces as well. People love them, they're hot commodities.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » August 19th, 2014, 1:51 pm

How is that the resident area is unsecured? That seems really weird. There are no apartments on the 2nd floor / skyway level, correct? So the only way to access residential floors is through an elevator, correct? I feel like I'm missing something from the complaints about the missing concierge situation.

For the other (disgusting) issues, it seems like it shouldn't be that hard to figure out who the douchebags throwing wild parties and leaving trash everywhere are.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » August 19th, 2014, 1:54 pm

I'm quite surprised they don't have a 24 hour security person / attendant at the building's entrance as you would expect in any large, urban multi-unit residential building, especially given the high rent they charge. I do agree with IllogicalJake it's a very nice building and I'm sure the management will get their act together.