Latitude 45 - 301 Washington Avenue South

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
Drizzay
Metrodome

Re: Latitude 45 - (301 Washington Avenue South)

Postby Drizzay » March 6th, 2015, 1:09 pm

I saw floor plans for the first floor, including preliminary design choices for the restaurant on the 3rd/Washington corner. It is going to be very nice. Plenty of patio space outside. It will be a nice addition to this side of downtown.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » March 24th, 2015, 5:42 pm

Great to finally see some brick veneer going up on the street sides of the building. This has been a terribly slow project to get completed.

Konante
Nicollet Mall

Postby Konante » March 24th, 2015, 7:03 pm

Great to finally see some brick veneer going up on the street sides of the building. This has been a terribly slow project to get completed.
I wonder if there was/is an issue with getting materials on time b/c the pace for completing the outside doesn't fit.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » March 25th, 2015, 9:16 am

Just for perspective, this building broke ground almost exactly a year ago. The fact that we think that it's moved slowly probably says more about the insane scheduling that some projects have (many facilitated by pre-fab stick wall components and a lot of precast concrete) than it does about the particulars of this project.

Drizzay
Metrodome

Postby Drizzay » March 30th, 2015, 12:33 pm

Pricing has been finalized and approved. Look for it to be released around the 7th. From what I have seen, it is "reasonable".

rynet91
City Center

Postby rynet91 » March 31st, 2015, 11:37 am

Pricing has been finalized and approved. Look for it to be released around the 7th. From what I have seen, it is "reasonable".
Depends on your definition of reasonable but through my email exchanges with the newly appointed property manager, larger alcoves (600+) are begin around $1460 and the smaller 1bed units start $1580. Parking $125 - $165 and they quoted utilities at $75 - $125 /mo for a single occupancy unit.

Their pricing for everything is very similar to their sister property, Dock Street Flats. However, I'm wondering why they chose to price parking so high when you can get a monthly parking contract at Gateway (which is right next door and skyway connected) for $120.

I'm sure for the not-ideal and smaller units, prices would be a little cheaper. But I don't see this large building filling up immediately at those introductory prices. I'll also say that their floor plans look so much better than Dock Street.

Archiapolis
US Bank Plaza

Postby Archiapolis » March 31st, 2015, 11:58 am

Depends on your definition of reasonable but through my email exchanges with the newly appointed property manager, larger alcoves (600+) are begin around $1460 and the smaller 1bed units start $1580. Parking $125 - $165 and they quoted utilities at $75 - $125 /mo for a single occupancy unit.

Their pricing for everything is very similar to their sister property, Dock Street Flats. However, I'm wondering why they chose to price parking so high when you can get a monthly parking contract at Gateway (which is right next door and skyway connected) for $120.

I'm sure for the not-ideal and smaller units, prices would be a little cheaper. But I don't see this large building filling up immediately at those introductory prices. I'll also say that their floor plans look so much better than Dock Street.
Dock Street isn't an Alatus property. Maybe you meant "sister property" in a different way.

rynet91
City Center

Postby rynet91 » March 31st, 2015, 5:42 pm

Dock Street isn't an Alatus property. Maybe you meant "sister property" in a different way.
Both properties will be managed by Lamar. Sorry, not built.

Drizzay
Metrodome

Postby Drizzay » April 1st, 2015, 3:47 pm

True, not necessarily cheap, but what they are charging will be somewhat less than what 222 Hennepin raised their prices to.

As for the parking prices, I believe Alatus owns said ramp next door. There's got to be a reason for the difference.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » April 1st, 2015, 4:06 pm

Eh, I can understand why someone might be willing to pay a premium to store their car in a heated spot a single elevator ride away over an open-air, though covered, spot two elevators and a skyway away.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

citiesguy
Block E

Postby citiesguy » April 5th, 2015, 6:01 pm

rynet91
City Center

Postby rynet91 » April 10th, 2015, 11:14 am

I was genuinely interested in this building before I sat down with someone to discuss the details. Apparently for non-penthouse floors, move-in can't happen until Mid-November. I find that crazy for how much progress they were able to make over the mild winter.

Secondly, back to the parking their "cheapest" spots at $125 are actually on the roof of the gateway ramp, and are already claimed. Now all spots are $165 (some in Gateway and L45), which seems way too high for that area, especially for also renting an apartment you'd expect more reasonable pricing.

The person I spoke with did say they have had a lot of early interest, but given the odd move-in time I can see this building having lots of vacancies until the spring 2016. ...That's also assuming everything stays on schedule.

Now back to the drawing board on apartment hunting! :?

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » April 10th, 2015, 11:17 am

$165 a year for parking in the ramps? Don't some ramps even charge more than that? The high cost of parking right..

Move-in time does seem a little strange and it'd be nice if we knew why it was so late, but it doesn't mean large vacancies.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » April 10th, 2015, 11:18 am

I'm guessing those costs are monthly, not yearly.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » April 10th, 2015, 11:22 am

Well looking on the websites for their fees, Gateway is $155 dollars a month, but I don't know if that includes over night.

rynet91
City Center

Postby rynet91 » April 10th, 2015, 1:24 pm

Those parking costs are definitely monthly.

If the first available move-in date is mid-November I can see people not wanting to move because of our crazy weather. Moving sucks in general, throw in the mix of snow and freezing cold temperatures and I can definitely see people not wanting to move for that reason alone.

That move-in date was the primary reason I ruled out the building, and I'm probably not the only one.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » April 10th, 2015, 1:28 pm

While that may be somewhat true... every year, from October through March, it can be cold/snowy/icky here. Moving isn't ideal, but lord, hundreds of thousands of people do it every year. I don't think that it's really an issue for many people. If these are luxury apartments, I'd suspect many tenants will be using moving companies.

I don't think it's fair to assume that everyone looking at moving into this location is in your same school of thought. As with all reasons to move, there are many, many reasons that factor into where/when/how/why/etc.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » April 10th, 2015, 1:44 pm

I moved myself on January 3rd of this year, thankfully it was warm that day, and then became arctic the next day. Excellent for killing cockroaches.

clf
Metrodome

Postby clf » April 10th, 2015, 2:35 pm

Many apartments have lease restrictions that don't allow moving out between 11/1 and 2/28.

TroyGBiv
US Bank Plaza

Postby TroyGBiv » April 10th, 2015, 8:59 pm

That is really common in Chicago... I've seen it a couple times in Minneapolis. Really is crappy