Latitude 45 - 301 Washington Avenue South

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Re: Latitude 45 - (301 Washington Avenue South)

Postby min-chi-cbus » April 11th, 2015, 12:40 am

Hell, let them charge $165/month....it'll test the market for folks who want reasonably-priced housing in the city center, and it'll either work out very well for the developers or it'll bite them in the ass. I'm guessing the latter. I wouldn't do it.

Hoosier13
Block E

Postby Hoosier13 » April 11th, 2015, 9:35 am

Hi everyone, long time lurker, second time posting. Love this board, and actually have relied on it to make some housing decisions in the past for friends moving here. As such I think having accurate info is important. They ARE allowing move ins mid September for floors 8 to 13...not just PH floors as a previous poster had claimed. The mid November move in is floors 3 to 7. The price difference between floors right now is about 10 to 20 dollars per level, surprisingly. For example a one bed plus den on the 12th floor is about 50 dollars more than the same apt on the 7th floor, and you can move in on 9/15. Also the prices posted are not the prices going on in the leasing center, they are actually running some good deals with incentives for preferred employers. Just felt the need to clarify as I know a lot of people out of state use this board to influence their opinion.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » April 11th, 2015, 9:57 am

Welcome to the board! And that's good news about the lower prices - I've got a friend who was considering the building, but wasn't happy with the high pricing. I'll tell him to stop in at the leasing office, though I suspect that he needs to find something sooner than mid-Sept.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » April 13th, 2015, 7:29 am

Hi everyone, long time lurker, second time posting. Love this board, and actually have relied on it to make some housing decisions in the past for friends moving here. As such I think having accurate info is important. They ARE allowing move ins mid September for floors 8 to 13...not just PH floors as a previous poster had claimed. The mid November move in is floors 3 to 7. The price difference between floors right now is about 10 to 20 dollars per level, surprisingly. For example a one bed plus den on the 12th floor is about 50 dollars more than the same apt on the 7th floor, and you can move in on 9/15. Also the prices posted are not the prices going on in the leasing center, they are actually running some good deals with incentives for preferred employers. Just felt the need to clarify as I know a lot of people out of state use this board to influence their opinion.
Do you know what they're charging for parking?

SixOneTwo
Nicollet Mall

Postby SixOneTwo » April 13th, 2015, 3:53 pm

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » April 13th, 2015, 4:43 pm

But, its not really the east side.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

TommyT
Target Field

Postby TommyT » April 14th, 2015, 11:49 am

L45 or something very close to it is on fire it seems

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » April 14th, 2015, 11:59 am

More 'evidence' at City Hall?
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » April 14th, 2015, 12:00 pm

Probably Rick's? Fire in the kitchen?

TommyT
Target Field

Postby TommyT » April 14th, 2015, 12:14 pm

I was walking by on my lunch just now as I posted that and it smelled like those black snake "fireworks" I had as a kid. Not sure if that gives any clue to what it might be, but shortly after several firetrucks came racing through.

Cole Avenue
Block E

Postby Cole Avenue » April 14th, 2015, 1:54 pm

My dad sent me a text a little bit ago saying he walked by and workers were evacuated and there were 2 fire chief vehicles outside. He's not sure what the cause was though, I came here to see if anyone had any more info.

Lancestar2

Postby Lancestar2 » April 14th, 2015, 5:01 pm

Yikes, well it could have been worse

Drizzay
Metrodome

Postby Drizzay » April 15th, 2015, 3:34 pm

Nothing out of the ordinary. The fire panel was being tested yesterday, hence the reason for the fire vehicle on site. The rest of the workers seen in the picture weren't "evacuated", they were just on their break.

And the smell from the building was the asphalt being laid on the pool deck.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » April 30th, 2015, 9:43 am

Had an online ad show up on one of my site that said they were open. But when I checked it out, they are only open for leasing, but there was no mention of move in date.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » May 20th, 2015, 2:21 pm

TommyT
Target Field

Postby TommyT » May 21st, 2015, 7:14 am

I don't know why I hate it, but I HATE the black cladding on the upper floors on the back of the building. I have to look at it from Capella every day and it's terrible. Do they do that for cost savings? I guess it's like that on 222 in the above picture too.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » June 2nd, 2015, 9:28 am

trigonalmayhem

Postby trigonalmayhem » June 3rd, 2015, 9:57 am

I checked out their prices recently and I don't really see how the location justifies the premium rents they're asking. Nic on fifth and 222 hennepin I get but this seems like it should be more in line with some of the stuff a little further in the north loop. Are they thinking skyway access justifies it? I know it's more expensive than all the stick construction but personally I don't think it's quite worth that much. I wonder if they'll have rent specials if they don't lease up fast enough?

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » June 3rd, 2015, 10:34 am

I think that they feel that with the center of the core moving east, their proximity to the river, and the new focus on Washington, that they are hoping to get in on the ground floor. How ever I agree with you Tri, there is not enough critical mass yet in the area for them to think that people are going to walk to the other destinations in the core, Skyway connection or not. We are lucky in that MPLS has a walkable core. I have no problem walking from the Twins stadium to the Vikings stadium. Or from the river down to Loring Park. The area is very walkable and there are cheap DT rates for the LRT and the Mall circulator bus to get people from on end to another. This building is not really close to those transportation amenities. Again it would be a few block walk, but for the price I think they will have some work to do to pull people in. In five years if the building along Washington and DTE continues like it is, they will be sitting pretty with a solid, Concrete, product that will be a cut above the stick construction.

Drizzay
Metrodome

Postby Drizzay » June 3rd, 2015, 7:21 pm

I checked out their prices recently and I don't really see how the location justifies the premium rents they're asking. Nic on fifth and 222 hennepin I get but this seems like it should be more in line with some of the stuff a little further in the north loop. Are they thinking skyway access justifies it? I know it's more expensive than all the stick construction but personally I don't think it's quite worth that much. I wonder if they'll have rent specials if they don't lease up fast enough?
They are ahead of their lease projections already (and the building isn't even open for tours), so I don't think you will see any specials here in the next few years.