The Artspace project has been officially cancelled:

http://journalmpls.wordpress.com/2012/0 ... dquarters/

Tyler
Foshay Tower

Re: Current & Proposed Downtown Minneapolis Projects

Postby Tyler » August 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm

The Artspace project has been officially cancelled:

http://journalmpls.wordpress.com/2012/0 ... dquarters/
That's too bad. I don't get why 2 blocks is too far for TOD.
Towns!

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » August 10th, 2012, 5:15 pm

I agree....usually it's TOD if it's within 0.5 miles, which this is. However, in a dense setting like downtown it might have to be within 2 streets of the line for it to be TOD.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » August 13th, 2012, 2:52 pm

http://journalmpls.wordpress.com/2012/0 ... xhibition/

Get a glimpse of downtown's future. Drool over models of The Interchange and Nicollet Residences.

The Interchange and Nicollet Residences will both be highlighted in the exhibition. Along with the models, each will be the focus of a special 15-minute presentation followed by a 15-minute question-and-answer session. The Interchange presentation will be held at noon on Aug. 20. Nicollet Residencies will be the subject of the noon presentation on Aug. 22. On Aug. 21, Downtown Council president Mark Stenglein will talk about having positive experiences downtown.

The Building Communities Exhibition is free and runs through 6 p.m. daily, Aug. 20-22.

MSPtoMKE
Rice Park

Postby MSPtoMKE » August 13th, 2012, 10:13 pm

Anyone want to take photos of the models and post them? I would be all over that, but I will be out of town.
My flickr photos.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » August 14th, 2012, 12:26 am

http://journalmpls.wordpress.com/2012/0 ... xhibition/

Get a glimpse of downtown's future. Drool over models of The Interchange and Nicollet Residences.

The Interchange and Nicollet Residences will both be highlighted in the exhibition. Along with the models, each will be the focus of a special 15-minute presentation followed by a 15-minute question-and-answer session. The Interchange presentation will be held at noon on Aug. 20. Nicollet Residencies will be the subject of the noon presentation on Aug. 22. On Aug. 21, Downtown Council president Mark Stenglein will talk about having positive experiences downtown.

The Building Communities Exhibition is free and runs through 6 p.m. daily, Aug. 20-22.
Thanks so much for the info. Will be fun to see. Minneapolis is rapidly evolving into a boomtown.

mullen
Foshay Tower

Postby mullen » August 17th, 2012, 6:15 am

that's too bad about artspace not moving forward with that building on washington. that vacant lot really stands out next to all the new development along that street.

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » August 17th, 2012, 11:09 am

that's too bad about artspace not moving forward with that building on washington. that vacant lot really stands out next to all the new development along that street.
Just more opportunity for something better, IMO!

gahwi003
Metrodome

Postby gahwi003 » August 20th, 2012, 5:26 pm

would someone smarter than me put together a spreadsheet showing planned projects including fields such as the developer, number of units, date of groundbreaking, expected date of completion? that would be cool

I could compile something like this! I'll wait a few days to start in case someone on UrbanMSP already has one started. (wouldn't shock me if multiple do)

mplsjaromir
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mplsjaromir » August 21st, 2012, 6:44 am

It's almost completely up-to-date but not very pretty. I can provide the spreadsheet and make it public or just provide frequent (monthly?) updates. I'm unaware of how to post a spreadsheet though...
Use Google Docs.

mplsjaromir
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mplsjaromir » August 21st, 2012, 7:44 am

Log in to your Google account, if you do not have its easy to create one. The very top of the page will have a "Documents" link, click on that.

On the left hand of the documents page there will be a create button, then a menu, select spreadsheet.

An Excel like field will show up. Copy and paste your data from your Excel spreadsheet to the Google spreadsheet.

Then there should be a share button at the top of the page. Post the link to UrbanMSP.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » August 21st, 2012, 9:15 am

You can even upload your existing spreadsheet into Google Docs (now called Google Drive btw) and it will convert it to a Google spreadsheet.

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » August 21st, 2012, 1:07 pm

Log in to your Google account, if you do not have its easy to create one. The very top of the page will have a "Documents" link, click on that.

On the left hand of the documents page there will be a create button, then a menu, select spreadsheet.

An Excel like field will show up. Copy and paste your data from your Excel spreadsheet to the Google spreadsheet.

Then there should be a share button at the top of the page. Post the link to UrbanMSP.
Thanks!!!

Here you go -- let's see if this worked:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... kFNQjlZUEE

612transplant
Nicollet Mall

Postby 612transplant » August 21st, 2012, 11:36 pm

Looked to me like there was a similar error with both Carondelet and PPL's project in St. Paul....?

Anyway, a good list, chi-bus. Really brings the scale of this apartment boom all together....I mean, 11,000 units? That's insane. Am I the only one that thinks that that's insane? (not in a bad way...)

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » August 22nd, 2012, 8:32 am

Looked to me like there was a similar error with both Carondelet and PPL's project in St. Paul....?

Anyway, a good list, chi-bus. Really brings the scale of this apartment boom all together....I mean, 11,000 units? That's insane. Am I the only one that thinks that that's insane? (not in a bad way...)
I fixed the errors......something didn't translate well from Exel to this spreadsheet for some reason. By the way, I made it so anyone could edit it or add updates, so please feel free to do so if/when you see an error or just want to add a new project. I really don't care because I have my own version saved to my work computer.

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » October 27th, 2012, 2:46 pm

Here's s map I did of the downtown projects. Corrections/Additions/Deletions welcome!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

woofner
Wells Fargo Center

Postby woofner » October 29th, 2012, 1:47 pm

Good map. The only issue I would raise is that Westminster has not proposed apartments for their project. At best we'll get another low-slung, stone-clad structure containing meeting rooms wrapped around the parking lot. At worst we'll get the parking lot and a couple shrubs.
"Who rescued whom!"

nordeast homer
US Bank Plaza

Postby nordeast homer » October 29th, 2012, 2:46 pm

Even if you take out Westminster, that's impressive to see that many proposed or current construction projects. It looks almost like the old construction maps from the late 90's!! Thanks for the visual!

612transplant
Nicollet Mall

Postby 612transplant » October 30th, 2012, 9:46 am

Is the Westminster proposal officially not still senior housing? That was the word a couple of years ago when rumors first surfaced, and I believe that was mentioned in the thread here on urbanmsp....although those "renders" may have dispelled those rumors....

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » October 30th, 2012, 9:59 am

Officially, there's no official proposal. The official rendering is a rendering of what the site would look like if there were a blank slate with nothing on it. Any conjecture as to what the best or worst that this might be is pure conjecture.
The only issue I would raise is that Westminster has not proposed apartments for their project. At best we'll get another low-slung, stone-clad structure containing meeting rooms wrapped around the parking lot. At worst we'll get the parking lot and a couple shrubs.