Re: Downtown Minneapolis General Topics & Development Map

Postby maxbaby » March 23rd, 2016, 2:45 pm

Northstar Center renovation announced.
http://www.rejournals.com/2016/03/22/no ... s-complex/

amiller92
Wells Fargo Center

Postby amiller92 » March 23rd, 2016, 3:00 pm

The whole complex definitely needs a make-over. Or better yet, aside from the Pillsbury building, to be torn down and replaced.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » March 23rd, 2016, 6:16 pm

Yeah, I can't say I'm thrilled about that whole block potentially getting historic protection.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » March 23rd, 2016, 6:19 pm

The 1960s portions got a restoration just a few years back. The owners clearly like it.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » April 11th, 2016, 11:40 am

*locked*

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/b ... pdate.html

Hempel buys Highland Bank Court, plans include renovation.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » April 11th, 2016, 12:02 pm

*locked*

Gist:
"Highland Bank Court is a unique structure because it is underneath a seven-story parking ramp and the four-story Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis. The parking ramp and extended-stay hotel are separately owned and weren't included in Hempel's acquisition.

Much of the office and retail space in Highland Bank Court is vacant. Tenants include Andrea Pizza, Candyland and a Wall Cos.office on the first floor.

Hempel plans to give the "sleeper" building a facelift and rebranding to make it more noticeable and reposition it in the market, Krsnak said.

"We want to put some life into the building," he said."

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mamundsen » April 11th, 2016, 12:24 pm

This building needs help. I'm next door in LaSalle Plaza and it's amazing to cut through the building. The old SkyBites (closed 12/31/15) has reopened at a Thai restaurant. I hear good things about it. The other oddity is that the skyway does not connect through to USBank. You have to go down to ground floor to get through there. I wonder if that could be remedied?

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » April 11th, 2016, 1:05 pm

*locked*

Gist:
"Highland Bank Court is a unique structure because it is underneath a seven-story parking ramp and the four-story Residence Inn by Marriott Minneapolis. The parking ramp and extended-stay hotel are separately owned and weren't included in Hempel's acquisition.

Much of the office and retail space in Highland Bank Court is vacant. Tenants include Andrea Pizza, Candyland and a Wall Cos.office on the first floor.

Hempel plans to give the "sleeper" building a facelift and rebranding to make it more noticeable and reposition it in the market, Krsnak said.

"We want to put some life into the building," he said."
I always found this to be interesting -- the LaSalle Avenue entrance to US Bancorp Center's underground parking is through/underneath this building: https://www.google.com/maps/@44.9760268 ... 312!8i6656 The exit point and loading dock for USBancorp Center is on 9th St, between McCormick & Schmicks and the Lakewood Building

Also, I was not aware there were two Candyland locations just a block away from each other. That's weird.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » April 11th, 2016, 1:35 pm

Yeah. When the second one opened, I assumed the doubling up was just temporary, and the old one would be closing soon... But that was years ago now.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » April 13th, 2016, 6:50 pm

205 Park RFP is coming within a week or 2. Proposals to be due around June. Selection made in late August/early September. Spring of 2017 construction.

Mcgizz
Nicollet Mall

Postby Mcgizz » April 13th, 2016, 9:32 pm

205 Park RFP is coming within a week or 2. Proposals to be due around June. Selection made in late August/early September. Spring of 2017 construction.

Where did you hear/read that?

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » April 13th, 2016, 9:54 pm

DMNA meeting tonight

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » April 19th, 2016, 10:16 am

I know that the developer is taking the fee (not the city), and that the developer needs to make money. I'm just suggesting that the actual cost to provide this service is negligible, and their 25 cent cut seems excessive. I know it's just a quarter, but it's the principle of the thing.
To resurrect a thoroughly beaten horse, it appears that lots of people are happy to pay the excessive 25 cent fee to use the parking meter phone app. Millennials love apps.

But I'll also note that St. Paul appears to have negotiated a much better deal for the same service:
In St. Paul, the app can be downloaded free from the Apple Store or Google Play. Users have the option of making a one-time payment using a credit card, which will require an additional transaction fee of 15 cents, or pay using Passport's prepaid wallet without an additional fee. Adding a prepaid wallet to the account requires a minimum deposit of $10, which can be used to pay for parking.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » April 19th, 2016, 12:52 pm

The Journal has a nice roundup of the local projects that are either in progress or imminent.

http://www.journalmpls.com/news/develop ... on-hotels/

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » April 20th, 2016, 11:33 am

http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/19722419 ... apolis-MN/

Former Pressbox building hit LoopNet last week. States that adjacent properties are also for sale.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » April 20th, 2016, 1:22 pm

Owned by the same family that had the parking lot where Latitude 45 now stands.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » April 21st, 2016, 8:54 am

320 is the parking lot between bail bond shack and 6 story Kinney & Lange building.

EOst
Capella Tower

Postby EOst » April 21st, 2016, 9:00 am

the bail bond shack
Standing since 1928, if you can believe it.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » April 21st, 2016, 9:01 am

318 and 328 are owned by Alatus, purchased along with the land for Latitude 45. Can't imagine Alatus not picking up this property too, to complete the quarter block. Recall that this quarter block was shown as "future hotel" on the Latitude 45 plans, though no further information was ever shared about that

intercomnut
Rice Park

Postby intercomnut » April 22nd, 2016, 10:32 pm

I know that the developer is taking the fee (not the city), and that the developer needs to make money. I'm just suggesting that the actual cost to provide this service is negligible, and their 25 cent cut seems excessive. I know it's just a quarter, but it's the principle of the thing.
To resurrect a thoroughly beaten horse, it appears that lots of people are happy to pay the excessive 25 cent fee to use the parking meter phone app. Millennials love apps.

But I'll also note that St. Paul appears to have negotiated a much better deal for the same service:
In St. Paul, the app can be downloaded free from the Apple Store or Google Play. Users have the option of making a one-time payment using a credit card, which will require an additional transaction fee of 15 cents, or pay using Passport's prepaid wallet without an additional fee. Adding a prepaid wallet to the account requires a minimum deposit of $10, which can be used to pay for parking.
Anecdotal, but my girlfriend's mom, who's in her late 50s, loves this app. It's nice for her to get notifications when her time is getting low and be able to refill remotely.