LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
bubzki2
Foshay Tower

Re: Loring Park Apartments - (1368 LaSalle Avenue)

Postby bubzki2 » February 25th, 2013, 12:32 pm

I guess that's actually a good thing, discouraging people from having and using cars downtown. I'm surprised there aren't parking requirements, but if true, that's great for the city. Although it does highlight my single biggest worry about this project: access to mass transit. Can anyone speak to the ease of connectivity to, say, the nearest LRT stop? Being carless would be ideal, if practical!

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » February 25th, 2013, 1:32 pm

I guess that's actually a good thing, discouraging people from having and using cars downtown. I'm surprised there aren't parking requirements, but if true, that's great for the city. Although it does highlight my single biggest worry about this project: access to mass transit. Can anyone speak to the ease of connectivity to, say, the nearest LRT stop? Being carless would be ideal, if practical!
It's fairly close (2 blocks I think?) to the free nicollet mall bus that runs to the LRT...

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » February 25th, 2013, 1:35 pm

When I lived car free, the biggest issue was getting to and from the grocery store. It's a pretty good hike to either the Lund's or Target -- easily done, until you do it with four bags of groceries. I suppose this tower will have some sort of concierge service to avoid that hassle.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » February 25th, 2013, 1:41 pm

It's fairly close (2 blocks I think?) to the free nicollet mall bus that runs to the LRT...
I lived kitty corner from this project for 19 years until 2007 and never owned a car. It's two blocks from Nicollet Mall and Grant Street transit stop, and the the same distance to 15th Street and Nicollet. It's a lovely park walk of approx 5 minutes to Hennepin and Oak Grove bus stop by The Walker. No car required! :)

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » February 25th, 2013, 6:52 pm

And this is above ground now too!

Matt
Metrodome

Postby Matt » February 25th, 2013, 9:09 pm

Perhaps a tad premature, but does anyone have a rough estimate what rents may eventually run for this building? I presume there's a large range, but I'd be curious if anyone has an educated guess for various setups. I'm especially curious about a 1-br unit facing downtown. Will rates be higher depending on which side of the building you're on?
For reference, Marquette Place Apartments (a luxury highrise about two block from this site) charges more for downtown views and does not come with any free parking. There is enough parking for everybody to get at at least a space and more when available though.

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » February 27th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Street Closure coming up this weekend to install new gas line to this property.

bubzki2
Foshay Tower

Postby bubzki2 » March 1st, 2013, 1:46 pm

Didn't have a camera handy, but just walked by the site and there is structure rising above ground! Exciting! Looks like the reinforced concrete pylons are going up quickly now, with some rebar still sticking up out of the ground. Looks to me like the main structural and load bearing portions for the first floor. Lots of activity in and around the site!

Minneapolisite

Postby Minneapolisite » March 2nd, 2013, 2:22 pm

Jackhammers were in full force when I woke up after 9, thankfully fully-refreshed by not staying out too late.

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » March 2nd, 2013, 8:10 pm

Article in the Star Tribune this evening - interesting new graphics

http://www.startribune.com/housing/194525571.html

They are referring to this project as LPM Apartments -

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » March 2nd, 2013, 9:17 pm

I assume that's just a working title/acronym for Loring Park Magellan. Something this significant and high end will almost certainly have a more memorable name.

EDIT: I just tried to sneak in an urbanMSP plug in my most recent comment, hoping interested folks will Google 'Nic on Fifth' or '1368 Lasalle' and find the forum near the top of the search results.
Last edited by twincitizen on March 3rd, 2013, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » March 3rd, 2013, 7:05 am

Made me laugh a bit to read this sentence - isn't this exactly what alot of these goofy neighborhood groups have been arguing about for so many other buildings that are proposed - that they are out of scale with the rest of the neighborhood - and here they approved this building - hopefully it's a good sign that zoning and planning are coming to their senses.

"The plan: This 36-story glass and metal tower will have a dramatic curved shape that will set it apart from its shorter Loring Park neighbors, which are mostly brick and concrete."

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » March 3rd, 2013, 1:41 pm

^^^The Magellan project actually has many high rise neighbors to the north and east (e.g the 32 story 110 Grant apartment building and the Volunteers of America complex at Nicollet and Grant). It's not really that out of place. Their parcel was already zoned for a high rise. And one of the great things about the Loring neighborhood is that eclectic urban mix of buildings in terms of scale, architectural styles, history ,etc. There's a quirkiness about it that's unique to the area. IMO, that's something the neighborhood group should better embrace as part of the charm of living there.

bubzki2
Foshay Tower

Postby bubzki2 » March 3rd, 2013, 2:27 pm

Very nice StarTrib write-up. But there's one detail I'm not seeing in any publication: what is the targeted or estimated time frame for renting to start on this project? Are we talking 12 mo.+?

minneapolisguy
Nicollet Mall

Postby minneapolisguy » March 3rd, 2013, 2:29 pm

It took about 12-14 months of construction for Loring Vue. I would guess we are looking very late 2014.

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » March 4th, 2013, 5:30 pm

I assume that's just a working title/acronym for Loring Park Magellan. Something this significant and high end will almost certainly have a more memorable name.

EDIT: I just tried to sneak in an urbanMSP plug in my most recent comment, hoping interested folks will Google 'Nic on Fifth' or '1368 Lasalle' and find the forum near the top of the search results.
Walking by this afternoon, I saw that there's a banner that in fact says "LPM Apartments". It also had a URL along the lines of livelpm.com, though that doesn't seem to be active yet. They must have used all their creativity on designing the building.
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

beykite
Nicollet Mall

Postby beykite » March 4th, 2013, 8:07 pm

Well I sure hope the m isn't for magellen. Minneapolis maybe? Or manor? Cant wait for the website.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » March 4th, 2013, 11:47 pm

Manor? What is this, 1976?
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

web

Postby web » March 5th, 2013, 12:37 am

Yes It's the bicentennial and the tall ships are coming!

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » March 5th, 2013, 10:07 am

The Chateau At Loring Parke