LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
Nathan
Capella Tower

Re: LPM Apartments - (1368 LaSalle Avenue)

Postby Nathan » March 19th, 2013, 2:04 pm

Nice, It's actually looking much taller than the other Loring Park towers than I thought it was going to be. It'll have quite the impact! Hopefully we can get a few more nestled in there :)

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » March 19th, 2013, 5:40 pm

I hate to be nit picking, but It's looks virtually as tall as The Target Building which is 492 feet! And its really only 46 feet taller than 110 Grant which is 330 feet. However, the mock up does give a sense the building's impact on extending the skyline to the south. Thanks for the pics!

m b p
Nicollet Mall

Postby m b p » March 19th, 2013, 8:30 pm

I hate to be nit picking, but It's looks virtually as tall as The Target Building which is 492 feet! And its really only 46 feet taller than 110 Grant which is 330 feet. However, the mock up does give a sense the building's impact on extending the skyline to the south. Thanks for the pics!

The mock up is true in height.

its all about perspective... where you are at in relation to the rest of the skyline. The tower will look bigger from the west and south because it is closer than the rest of the skyline. It will be very tiny when viewing it from the east.

Here is the tower in the background with Target HQ in front. Target HQ looks massively bigger because it's closer.
Same effect in reverse on the other pics.
Last edited by m b p on March 19th, 2013, 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » March 19th, 2013, 8:51 pm

Thanks. Sorry about that. And your photos are very fun to look at. It will definitely have a strong impact on the skyline looking from the west like you said. And up close its going to change the area around it in a dramatic way. I live three blocks away so I'm quite excited!

mullen
Foshay Tower

Postby mullen » March 21st, 2013, 6:19 am

awesome how this will stretch the skyline south and west. had an out-of-town friend driving up 35w from the airport comment about great our skyline is. i have to admit i take it for granted.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » March 21st, 2013, 11:43 am

awesome how this will stretch the skyline south and west. had an out-of-town friend driving up 35w from the airport comment about great our skyline is. i have to admit i take it for granted.
In the tallest buildings of Minneapolis, the predominance of reflective glass towers interspersed with buildings clad in slightly warm tones of masonry gives the skyline a sense of being airy and light. Most of the buildings are organized with a strong vertical orientation. And the bigger buidings have some kind of distinct top. These qualities are what make for a beautiful skyline. One of the great things about LPM's architecture is it reinforces that character with its lit up crown, reflective glass facade, and elegant elliptical form.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » March 21st, 2013, 1:18 pm

Most of the buildings are organized with a strong vertical orientation.
I most certainly agree.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » March 21st, 2013, 1:28 pm

Most of the buildings are organized with a strong vertical orientation.
I most certainly agree.
Also referring to the vertical alignment of windows, mullions, setbacks etc. Not just their height.

Matt
Metrodome

Postby Matt » March 26th, 2013, 7:02 pm

A few pictures from Saturday (3/23).

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » March 26th, 2013, 9:11 pm

Cool! Is the crane fully erected?

m b p
Nicollet Mall

Postby m b p » March 27th, 2013, 1:37 am

sketchup model of 1368 lasalle...

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/ ... 45&ct=mdsa

(click the link... click "download file"... download the KMZ file... opens with google earth)

Matt
Metrodome

Postby Matt » March 27th, 2013, 6:33 pm

Cool! Is the crane fully erected?
Yeah the crane has been up since early February. You can see pictures of it half built and then fully built a few pages back in this thread.

bapster2006
Foshay Tower

Postby bapster2006 » April 13th, 2013, 3:06 pm

I had no idea such progress had been made until I saw it up close. The full half block first floor is up.

kregger22

Postby kregger22 » April 22nd, 2013, 12:30 pm

This is truly the jewel of new development, and it is exciting to some degree that buildings such as Nic on 5th and 4Marq are being built (much rather them be built than not) - but it is somewhat sad that this is in reality the only development we have going which will make a significant impact on the skyline.

mplser
US Bank Plaza

Postby mplser » April 22nd, 2013, 1:13 pm

patience, young grasshopper...

nasa35

Postby nasa35 » April 22nd, 2013, 1:23 pm

This is truly the jewel of new development, and it is exciting to some degree that buildings such as Nic on 5th and 4Marq are being built (much rather them be built than not) - but it is somewhat sad that this is in reality the only development we have going which will make a significant impact on the skyline.
What's coming down the Pike in the next 18 moths will be blowing some socks off....so yes...patience Grasshopper.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » April 22nd, 2013, 4:16 pm

Also, some of the infill though not making an impact on the skyline are doing a really good job of making DT look like a better area for developing. ridding it of blight and surface lots, so it's all an important orchestra.

kiliff75
Nicollet Mall

Postby kiliff75 » April 22nd, 2013, 7:17 pm

What's coming down the Pike in the next 18 moths will be blowing some socks off....so yes...patience Grasshopper.
Are you going off inside info or just speculating? Just curious if you've got info that we don't. I know there's something that might happen with the convention center hotel, but is there more?

MS3

Postby MS3 » April 23rd, 2013, 9:19 am

Yes- the key word is patience. 4-6 new towers are coming. My greatest hope is for one of them to be a 1000 footer. We're closer than ever.

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » April 23rd, 2013, 12:11 pm

Are you going off inside info or just speculating? Just curious if you've got info that we don't. I know there's something that might happen with the convention center hotel, but is there more?
Yes, nasa is correct. There is one development that will be a wowser, for sure. Confidentiality at this point is the name of the game, however.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato