LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
IllogicalJake
Target Field

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby IllogicalJake » September 15th, 2014, 4:35 pm

Seems like the last 5% is taking the longest...
i talk too much. web dev, downtown. admin @ tower.ly

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » September 15th, 2014, 5:38 pm

I am hoping this is not done. If the top is not lit at night it will be a big disappointment.
Agree. the building has such a nice form. It would look beautiful if they accented the top at night. I noticed there is a even pattern of notches all along the metal paneling of the crown. Not sure if they have something to do with mitigating air movement or they will be part of some lighting scheme?

The frosted glass at the base was very bright when I biked by it after work last Saturday. I really liked the look of it but wondered if some of the people living in the nearby shorter buildings would be upset about the glare.

EOst
Capella Tower

Postby EOst » September 15th, 2014, 6:30 pm

I was on top of the Murals the other night, and realized I couldn't actually tell which building was LPM. Some crown lighting would be nice, yeah.

TommyT
Target Field

Postby TommyT » September 15th, 2014, 8:32 pm

The frosted glass at the base was very bright when I biked by it after work last Saturday. I really liked the look of it but wondered if some of the people living in the nearby shorter buildings would be upset about the glare.
That's interesting that you say it was bright, I thought it was very dull when I went by one night... but that was only once, maybe they turn the lights down later in the evening?

mullen
Foshay Tower

Postby mullen » September 18th, 2014, 7:40 am

i saw a report on kstp news last night that this was officially opened yesterday. building is still being worked on, though.

bapster2006
Foshay Tower

Postby bapster2006 » September 18th, 2014, 8:00 am

Occupancy last night:

ImageLPM at night 9-17-14 by bapster2006, on Flickr

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » September 18th, 2014, 7:58 pm

^^^Thanks Bapster! Definitely shows the need to have the crown lit up as many of us have commented.

MSPtoMKE
Rice Park

Postby MSPtoMKE » September 19th, 2014, 1:11 am

I was about ready to write off the crown as being value engineered out, but there do now seem to be attachment points for something being installed at the top.
My flickr photos.

Lancestar2

Postby Lancestar2 » September 19th, 2014, 12:55 pm

We've been through this before, but offering incentives to quickly lease up a new building isn't a sign of desperation -- it's a completely logical financial thing to do. You want to go from empty to full as quickly as possible. It goes without saying, but you're much better off giving away a free month than you are having a unit sit empty for three months.

The only time you have to fill all of the units at once is when you open a new building.
I used to work at a apartment complex numbering at around 350 units in the suburbs. Considering when I started the occupancy rate was about 25-30% and we achieved 100% occupancy within a 4mo. time frame. It looked great on paper however next year many of those residents decided to move out or re-lease either way it was a nightmare considering all the paperwork (section 8/42 property) Granted market rate property have higher retainment rates, and less paperwork. Dealing with a skyscraper you have limited abilities to move people in as you need elevator usage. My guess if they were "trying to fill it up quick" they would be offering 8mo. 12mo. and 14mo. leases to help even out the workload in the future. Also providing mid month move ins is also a possibility too. My guess it the discounts are because they are struggling to meet there "slow fill up" say about 10-12 move in's a month or whatever there capacity they can handle. Also many of those lights seem to be on all night long, I myself always leave lights on in a new place for the first few weeks at least, however my guess it they are still vacant. Nobody want's to move into a vacant building, I'm sure they will continue to fill up but my guess it's below there existing expectations.

Imagine that.. Luxury apartment move-in special. Maybe a coupon for LPM in the penny saver will be there next marketing strategy! Honestly I think a better route would have been to offer complementary moving services (which could help increase logistics and increase efficiency of the elevators and pack more move-ins as they would be scheduling times with LPM to use freight elevators) Discounted Luxury apartment rent prices only suggests they are not correctly labeled as "Luxury". What do the people here living in Luxury Apartments think of this strategy? Wouldn't you prefer added perks, or services instead of discounts on rent?

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » September 21st, 2014, 12:05 pm

Occupancy last night:
I suspect most of those "occupied" apartments are empty. Towers like this often turn on the lights as a PR move to create buzz about the building. There are few, if any people moving around in those apartments yet.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » September 21st, 2014, 1:00 pm

I stopped by last night. It looks really empty right now in person. There was one person who put a lamp by their window and you can easily see the room, showing the glass isn't that frosted. Only at night did I also realize how high the ceilings in the retail space are going to be.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » September 21st, 2014, 2:18 pm

There are few, if any people moving around in those apartments yet.

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » September 21st, 2014, 3:19 pm

I heard they actually are turning lights on at night, which is hilar.
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

IllogicalJake
Target Field

Postby IllogicalJake » September 21st, 2014, 4:45 pm

I heard they actually are turning lights on at night, which is hilar.
Eh, I don't exactly mind them doing it. The building fades into the sky without it.

I'm still holding out hope that some lights will be added to shine onto the glass along with the lit crown. (We're still sure it's going to be lit, right?)
i talk too much. web dev, downtown. admin @ tower.ly

blobs
Nicollet Mall

Postby blobs » September 21st, 2014, 6:07 pm

anybody moving here? looks nice

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » September 29th, 2014, 9:55 am

Just a random note...I really don't like how the top of this turned out. The mechanical sticks way up and looks bad, I was hoping it would be shielded....Would look much better if it was, in my opinion. Everytime I see it, I notice the big boxes on top.

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mamundsen » September 29th, 2014, 9:58 am

I agree! I think it would be great if it had a crown similar to Capella Tower.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » September 29th, 2014, 10:07 am

Walked by yesterday around the street level yesterday and found it for the most part inviting. Will be glad when the retail is filled and the film covering the windows actually shows the interior of the building.

mullen
Foshay Tower

Postby mullen » September 29th, 2014, 10:50 am

i agree i really like this. it looks like a chicago resdential tower, for obvious reasons, but still. the buildng strikes a beautiful profile, particularly from the west. thin and elegant. resembles a large sail.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » September 29th, 2014, 11:00 am

Like the Nic's lobby. the LPM's lobby is a very stark , white, minimalist modern.