LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
User avatar
TommyT
Target Field
Posts: 572
Joined: August 13th, 2013, 9:21 am

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby TommyT » September 29th, 2014, 11:02 am

Overall, it is a very nice looking building. For a while I was skeptical, but looking past the small things it accomplishes what we're looking for. A sleek modern design with high density. Now, we just need 3-4 more that are similar but different :-).

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 1121
Joined: June 2nd, 2012, 11:01 am

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby mnmike » September 29th, 2014, 11:14 am

I like it in general...the top just bugs me. It seems like a no brainer to cover all that mechanical junk, so it isn't a big part of what you see from a distance.

User avatar
Nathan
IDS Center
Posts: 4001
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 10:42 am

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby Nathan » September 29th, 2014, 11:23 am

In my head I imagine the people at Magellan doing shots every time someone on UrbanMSP complains about something on their building, the largest most expensive nicest apartment in town, which they probably feel pretty successful about. They probably do two shots whenever someone complains about decorative lighting being missing, being if there will be any, that's the last thing that would go on a building, and they haven't even finished putting up the metal paneling around the roof. (just colored all the teal stuff grey). And then I imagine them all being so happy that they live in Chicago and not with weirdly knit picky urbanists on a forum with nothing else to do but look at the one tall building going up super critically.

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 1121
Joined: June 2nd, 2012, 11:01 am

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby mnmike » September 29th, 2014, 11:32 am

Please...I am complaining about nothing else on the building, aside from leaving a giant mechanical penthouse exposed on the top (which is pretty blaringly obvious), which kind of takes away from what is an otherwise graceful building. I like everything else about it...but the ugly stuff on top not being shielded is a lot different than complaining about a lighting sceme.

Would be pretty much perfect, to me, if they had built up one more "floor" to cover that. Who knows, maybe they still will, doubt it though. Oh well. Like I said, still like it. Certainly the best tallish building to go up in recent years by far. I just notice the damn mechanical everytime I see it. I should have known better than to say anything here. You are attacked if you criticize and attacked if you defend...cant really win:)

On such an expensive and well designed building, it seems odd to leave out a detail like that, that is all I was saying.
Last edited by mnmike on September 29th, 2014, 11:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

MNdible
is great.
Posts: 5819
Joined: June 8th, 2012, 8:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby MNdible » September 29th, 2014, 11:33 am

Speaking of which, aren't we well past the point where we should have formalized the rules for the UrbanMSP drinking game?

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower
Posts: 3785
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 6:59 am

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby Wedgeguy » September 29th, 2014, 12:02 pm

As one has said, they are still finishing up with the much needed trim that the build needs to keep water and snow melt out. We may not see the penthouse covered until next year. The joys of having a construction schedule that ran behind schedule a lot. Look at the apartments along the greenway for having to go back in the spring to finish up work that was not completed when the rest of the building had opened.
Last edited by Wedgeguy on September 29th, 2014, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 1121
Joined: June 2nd, 2012, 11:01 am

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby mnmike » September 29th, 2014, 12:14 pm

That'd be great if there is another level of screening yet to go up...just doesn't seem like it. We shall see!

User avatar
Nathan
IDS Center
Posts: 4001
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 10:42 am

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby Nathan » September 29th, 2014, 12:56 pm

mnmike wrote:Please...I am complaining about nothing else on the building, aside from leaving a giant mechanical penthouse exposed on the top (which is pretty blaringly obvious), which kind of takes away from what is an otherwise graceful building. I like everything else about it...but the ugly stuff on top not being shielded is a lot different than complaining about a lighting sceme.

Would be pretty much perfect, to me, if they had built up one more "floor" to cover that. Who knows, maybe they still will, doubt it though. Oh well. Like I said, still like it. Certainly the best tallish building to go up in recent years by far. I just notice the damn mechanical everytime I see it. I should have known better than to say anything here. You are attacked if you criticize and attacked if you defend...cant really win:)

On such an expensive and well designed building, it seems odd to leave out a detail like that, that is all I was saying.
I hardly singled anyone out. It wasn't meant to be a direct insult, just a funny/true comment.

User avatar
Nathan
IDS Center
Posts: 4001
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 10:42 am

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby Nathan » September 29th, 2014, 12:59 pm

MNdible wrote:Speaking of which, aren't we well past the point where we should have formalized the rules for the UrbanMSP drinking game?
Yes. Like a random post generator that pulls up a comment from somewhere on the message board. I vote for multiway boulevard being a social.

xandrex
Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 1360
Joined: January 30th, 2013, 11:14 am

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby xandrex » September 29th, 2014, 1:03 pm

Nathan wrote:
MNdible wrote:Speaking of which, aren't we well past the point where we should have formalized the rules for the UrbanMSP drinking game?
Yes. Like a random post generator that pulls up a comment from somewhere on the message board. I vote for multiway boulevard being a social.
I feel like "stroad" might be a better candidate. Or would we have too many socials then?

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower
Posts: 3785
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 6:59 am

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby Wedgeguy » September 29th, 2014, 1:44 pm

Doing shots for the word stroad would lead to alcohol poisoning. There are a few other words which would produce similar results! Passed out UrbanMSPer's!!

grant1simons2
IDS Center
Posts: 4291
Joined: February 8th, 2014, 11:33 pm
Location: Marcy-Holmes

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby grant1simons2 » September 29th, 2014, 1:47 pm

We used to have a game at work where people would drink every time someone honked their horn in front of the shop. It's where 29th meets Blaisdell in the Whittier neighborhood, so you can imagine how much drinking was being done and why it has since stopped.

l12
Block E
Posts: 20
Joined: April 5th, 2014, 7:47 pm

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby l12 » October 9th, 2014, 5:16 pm

No one wants to complain about the stupidly ugly lobby, the part that those of in the neighborhood have to actually look at constantly? (it is mainly a blank white wall a few feet away from the glass, with a very cramped and boring part where the residents enter.)

Or how about the incredibly unevocative name "LPM"? (They just put up the lit sign over the lobby entrance confirming this name, which some assumed was just a working title). You'd think being at the point where the Greenway meets Loring Park they'd have some more graceful ideas. "SuperAmerica Apartments"?

Any news on the commercial tenant?

User avatar
Nathan
IDS Center
Posts: 4001
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 10:42 am

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby Nathan » October 9th, 2014, 7:16 pm

l12 wrote:No one wants to complain about the stupidly ugly lobby, the part that those of in the neighborhood have to actually look at constantly? (it is mainly a blank white wall a few feet away from the glass, with a very cramped and boring part where the residents enter.)

Or how about the incredibly unevocative name "LPM"? (They just put up the lit sign over the lobby entrance confirming this name, which some assumed was just a working title). You'd think being at the point where the Greenway meets Loring Park they'd have some more graceful ideas. "SuperAmerica Apartments"?

Any news on the commercial tenant?
As opposed to the really "classy" lobbies/leasing areas most of the buildings have shoved into a small sub basement space in Loring park. No I'm not complaining that there is an open, active use space fronting the street. With all the worse aspects of the podium's presence in the neighborhood I'm not going to agree to complain about your personal design taste or preferences.

l12
Block E
Posts: 20
Joined: April 5th, 2014, 7:47 pm

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby l12 » October 16th, 2014, 8:06 am

Nathan wrote:
l12 wrote:No one wants to complain about the stupidly ugly lobby, the part that those of in the neighborhood have to actually look at constantly? (it is mainly a blank white wall a few feet away from the glass, with a very cramped and boring part where the residents enter.)

Or how about the incredibly unevocative name "LPM"? (They just put up the lit sign over the lobby entrance confirming this name, which some assumed was just a working title). You'd think being at the point where the Greenway meets Loring Park they'd have some more graceful ideas. "SuperAmerica Apartments"?

Any news on the commercial tenant?
As opposed to the really "classy" lobbies/leasing areas most of the buildings have shoved into a small sub basement space in Loring park. No I'm not complaining that there is an open, active use space fronting the street. With all the worse aspects of the podium's presence in the neighborhood I'm not going to agree to complain about your personal design taste or preferences.
Yes, but that's not really a fair comparison considering the rents they are asking, perhaps double those other buildings you speak of.
Actually, I don't personally mind it much, I am mostly sending on some comments I have heard from more picky neighbors, who are comparing it to other new downtown buildings like Nic on Fifth, and the gorgeous and not fully-rented, similarly-priced 401 Oak Grove, in terms of ability to attract the residents they are aiming for. I just don't want an empty building that ends up depressing the values of the neighborhood and scaring off further investment.

mullen
Foshay Tower
Posts: 986
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 7:02 am

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby mullen » October 16th, 2014, 9:00 am

second strib streetscape review focuses on this tower.
http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/278822931.html

personally, i think it's the best designed tower built here in years.

GrowMPLS

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby GrowMPLS » October 16th, 2014, 10:51 am

mullen wrote:second strib streetscape review focuses on this tower.
http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/278822931.html

personally, i think it's the best designed tower built here in years.
My wife has a friend that is leasing the penthouse and had a tour last night. She said it was awesome with floor to ceiling glass everywhere!!! Crazy cool view of downtown. She also said the amenities were amazing but seemed really geared to late twenty-early thirty somethings. Overall she gave it a solid "A".

Lancestar2

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby Lancestar2 » November 13th, 2014, 3:32 pm

Has the retail space been leased out yet?

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower
Posts: 3785
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 6:59 am

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby Wedgeguy » November 13th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Lancestar2 wrote:Has the retail space been leased out yet?

At this point I think they will be lucky to get anyone building out until closer to spring. Tower needs to fill a bit more before there is a migration to these retail slots.

Online
Silophant
Moderator
Posts: 3826
Joined: June 20th, 2012, 4:33 pm
Location: The Gateway

Re: LPM Apartments - (376' - 36 Stories)

Postby Silophant » January 29th, 2015, 7:28 pm

I was at a networking event here tonight. Quite a view from the upper floors. Apparently it's about 25% leased now. Also, the elevators broke down, which was exciting.


Return to “Minneapolis - Downtown”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests