Brunsfield Place - 915 Washington Avenue N

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
User avatar
Nathan
IDS Center
Posts: 4001
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 10:42 am

Brunsfield Place - 915 Washington Avenue N

Postby Nathan » July 19th, 2012, 5:05 pm

Malaysian Developer!? interesting read

50 market rate apartments in the North Loop.

http://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/p ... -loop.html

PhilmerPhil
Moderator
Posts: 1206
Joined: May 31st, 2012, 11:38 am
Location: SOUP: SOuth UPtown

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments

Postby PhilmerPhil » July 19th, 2012, 10:08 pm

Interesting indeed... Based on their portfolio, we could get something that breaks from the current pattern of apartments we are seeing lately: http://www.brunsfield.com/
Image

mplsjaromir
Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 1112
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 8:03 am
Location: Sommerset Knolls

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments

Postby mplsjaromir » July 20th, 2012, 7:06 am

I hope they don't build something that puts up blank walls toward the street.

Konante
Nicollet Mall
Posts: 198
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 9:17 am
Location: Warehouse District

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments

Postby Konante » July 20th, 2012, 7:45 am

mplsjaromir wrote:I hope they don't build something that puts up blank walls toward the street.
haha, seriously. I sure could go for something different though.

Not to be a downer on this thread but that story is old news. I wonder why they're sitting on the parcel. Maybe they're waiting to see how many of these proposed rental buildings actually move forward before they go public with their plan.

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower
Posts: 3131
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 9:19 am

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments

Postby min-chi-cbus » July 20th, 2012, 8:21 am

That's not a rendering of the site, right?

PhilmerPhil
Moderator
Posts: 1206
Joined: May 31st, 2012, 11:38 am
Location: SOUP: SOuth UPtown

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments

Postby PhilmerPhil » July 20th, 2012, 8:30 am

min-chi-cbus wrote:That's not a rendering of the site, right?
Right, just an example of what they do.

User avatar
spectre000
Union Depot
Posts: 301
Joined: May 31st, 2012, 9:05 pm
Location: Downtown St. Paul

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments

Postby spectre000 » July 20th, 2012, 1:05 pm

This is exactly what this market needs, some fresh blood. A new out of town developer and architect team. Hope it happens.

John
Capella Tower
Posts: 2248
Joined: May 31st, 2012, 2:06 pm

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments

Postby John » July 20th, 2012, 1:25 pm

spectre000 wrote:This is exactly what this market needs, some fresh blood. A new out of town developer and architect team. Hope it happens.
Yes, and I think they hired Julie Snow architects for the design. Hopefully, we will see something a little different and unique.

nasa35

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments

Postby nasa35 » July 20th, 2012, 1:28 pm

Thank the design Gods......about time.

nasa35

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments

Postby nasa35 » July 20th, 2012, 1:29 pm

min-chi-cbus wrote:That's not a rendering of the site, right?
oops...nevermind; they'll walk the streets and see we only approve of one style.

Konante
Nicollet Mall
Posts: 198
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 9:17 am
Location: Warehouse District

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments

Postby Konante » July 20th, 2012, 2:11 pm

The notes from last month's north loop neighborhood association say: "Julie Snow Architects presented the Brunsfield project; “very modern looking”; plaza and roof terrace planned; motion for letter to support; Board approves
motion."

danie123182
City Center
Posts: 31
Joined: June 19th, 2012, 2:45 pm

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments

Postby danie123182 » August 7th, 2012, 7:57 pm

That is pretty awesome. My wife is Malaysian and I've visited Malaysia many times. It would be cool to have something in Minneapolis that makes it stand out against other cities. This is the thing that will do that.

John
Capella Tower
Posts: 2248
Joined: May 31st, 2012, 2:06 pm

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments

Postby John » August 7th, 2012, 11:49 pm

Konante wrote:The notes from last month's north loop neighborhood association say: "Julie Snow Architects presented the Brunsfield project; “very modern looking”; plaza and roof terrace planned; motion for letter to support; Board approves
motion."
This sounds promising. We need something a little different from the status quo. I know I say this incessantly, but the smartest developers understand that creating a more unique and high quality designed project can be a major selling point to attract tenants. Their buildings will stand the test of time and endure as desirable places to live or work in 50 years.

Konante
Nicollet Mall
Posts: 198
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 9:17 am
Location: Warehouse District

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments

Postby Konante » August 8th, 2012, 7:51 am

danie123182 wrote:That is pretty awesome. My wife is Malaysian and I've visited Malaysia many times. It would be cool to have something in Minneapolis that makes it stand out against other cities. This is the thing that will do that.
Totally agree that we need some unique properties. I wonder how unique a 50-unit building can really be, however, even if it is 'very modern' by the standards of some.

Nathaniel
Metrodome
Posts: 53
Joined: June 7th, 2012, 11:52 am
Contact:

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments

Postby Nathaniel » August 8th, 2012, 8:18 am

nasa35 wrote:Thank the design Gods......about time.
Agreed. Hopefully no blank walls, of which are very prevalent in a lot of modern Asian cities.

danie123182
City Center
Posts: 31
Joined: June 19th, 2012, 2:45 pm

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments

Postby danie123182 » August 8th, 2012, 8:59 am

Konante wrote:
danie123182 wrote:That is pretty awesome. My wife is Malaysian and I've visited Malaysia many times. It would be cool to have something in Minneapolis that makes it stand out against other cities. This is the thing that will do that.
Totally agree that we need some unique properties. I wonder how unique a 50-unit building can really be, however, even if it is 'very modern' by the standards of some.

In any case the infill would provide density and provide much needed tax dollars for the city.

But if the projects on their website are any indication of what they are going to do here it would really stand out along Washington Ave in what looks to be right now an ugly surface parking lot in what really is an ugly part of town.

User avatar
Nick
Capella Tower
Posts: 3000
Joined: May 30th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Location: Loring Park, Minneapolis

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments - (915 Washington Avenue Nor

Postby Nick » August 22nd, 2012, 11:23 am

The August 27th CPC meeting has a site plan for this with a rendering-ish of the project. Short. Randomly placed windows. Very blue.

nasa35

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments - (915 Washington Avenue Nor

Postby nasa35 » August 22nd, 2012, 11:47 am

Sigh. Had high hopes for this one. Borderline depressing.

MNdible
is great.
Posts: 5797
Joined: June 8th, 2012, 8:14 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments - (915 Washington Avenue Nor

Postby MNdible » August 22nd, 2012, 12:05 pm

Not a lot to go on there, but looks like a fun, unique project on a challenging little site.

Konante
Nicollet Mall
Posts: 198
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 9:17 am
Location: Warehouse District

Re: Brunsfield Place Apartments - (915 Washington Avenue Nor

Postby Konante » August 22nd, 2012, 12:16 pm

Nick wrote:The August 27th CPC meeting has a site plan for this with a rendering-ish of the project. Short. Randomly placed windows. Very blue.
Hard to tell much from that scan but it definitely looks like it would be different. I applaud what looks to be the use of a somewhat significant amount of large glass panels at street-level, but the magenta element scattered across the facade makes me a little nervous.
Last edited by Konante on August 22nd, 2012, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “Minneapolis - Downtown”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests