Third North - (800 Third Street North)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
MSPtoMKE
Rice Park

Re: Third North - (800 Third Street North)

Postby MSPtoMKE » November 4th, 2013, 12:56 am

Looks to be done:
Third North by MSPdude, on Flickr
My flickr photos.

uptown067
Metrodome

Postby uptown067 » November 4th, 2013, 6:07 pm

I really like the color panels on this one, but the front... its just so flat!

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » November 4th, 2013, 8:11 pm

This is in the North Loop, right? I think the flatness looks good. The three sections blend in with the other large but distinct warehouse buildings.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Seth
Metrodome

Postby Seth » November 5th, 2013, 10:10 am

The thing that bothers me about this project is that the faces of this building don't match. Maybe it would have made the building more bland, but I think it would have helped create the illusion of 3 tightly connected buildings (instead of one mega structure) if the red/orange panels continued around the side in this photo.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » November 5th, 2013, 10:52 am

This project turned out better than I thought it would. The use of really warm and cool colored panels to break up the massing looks pretty good, and there's more subtlety to this design than meets the eye.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » November 7th, 2013, 11:01 am

it's funny,I think the mismatched faces are the best part lol!

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 7th, 2013, 11:14 am

I prefer the mismatched block of colors for this façade. IT helps to break up the huge size of this building and gives it some much needed character. If this was a monotone building we would be ripping it apart for lack of style.

ord2msp
City Center

Postby ord2msp » April 25th, 2014, 9:49 pm

I toured a couple of units yesterday. According to the sales agent, the building is approximately 65% occupied. While I enjoy the exterior design, the quality of the interior was disappointing. A lot of the finishes felt cheap. The development seemed "nice enough" overall, but I wouldn't personally pay the price/sqft they're asking for given the quality.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » April 26th, 2014, 10:30 pm

I toured a couple of units yesterday. According to the sales agent, the building is approximately 65% occupied. While I enjoy the exterior design, the quality of the interior was disappointing. A lot of the finishes felt cheap. The development seemed "nice enough" overall, but I wouldn't personally pay the price/sqft they're asking for given the quality.
I think they are trying to get top dollar for location while they can. I see the rents for those dropping as closer to the core buildings come into play. Get it paid off as fast as they can while the market allows. They are on the far outer fringe of the NL. Best rent would be between 3rd and Hennepin and 1st and Washington. Easier walking distance to the CBD and the Whole Paycheck Store.

Chava
Nicollet Mall

Postby Chava » April 28th, 2014, 7:03 am

I also toured the place and the finishes were cheap relative to other buildings in the area and price range. Formica counters when their competition has granite counter tops for instance.

Whole Paycheck. Wish there were another option in the area!