Downtown Minneapolis Office Market

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
StoJa9

Re: Downtown Minneapolis Office Market

Postby StoJa9 » May 10th, 2017, 7:16 pm

Aggressive quote but respect the honesty!

Mooglemuffins
Nicollet Mall

Postby Mooglemuffins » May 10th, 2017, 10:59 pm

I'd also add that lunch food options are better downtown too.
Seconded to that. My office is right near Whole Foods and that's one of maybe two places that are somewhat affordable and quick lunch spots that I don't have to sit down for. As delicious as Red Cow is, I can't eat that every day. If I have the time and weather is nice maybe I'll bother walking up into Nicollet to get some other quick/affordable place but man do I wish there were more around my office. I'm glad Byte opened recently that was a new option at least but it would be definitely nice to have more.

xandrex
Wells Fargo Center

Postby xandrex » May 11th, 2017, 9:21 am

That was perhaps my one complaint of my short time working in the North Loop. I worked just off First Avenue and Fifth Street, but there weren't many fast/fast-casual options nearby. If you wanted to grab lunch, you typically had to walk a few blocks away to City Center or elsewhere to find stuff.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » September 7th, 2017, 9:51 am

Moderators, could you move these posts over to the newly-created Amazon HQ thread?

Silophant

Postby Silophant » September 7th, 2017, 11:08 am

Mod note: Amazon discussion moved to Anything Goes.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

Anton
Block E

Postby Anton » September 25th, 2017, 10:44 am

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for it, but Renaissance Square (5th and Nicollet) just sold on Friday to new investors. I think they're called "Trinity" something-or-other. Cushman & Wakefield is now managing the property. Hopefully this means something will eventually go into the massive ground floor retail space near the light rail. It's tough to figure out what can go in there because the building doesn't have a loading dock for deliveries.

New property manager mentioned he wanted to improve skyway visibility for the building, but I don't know if they can do much w/o cooperation from 50 S. 6th St.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » September 25th, 2017, 12:12 pm

Hopefully this means something will eventually go into the massive ground floor retail space near the light rail. It's tough to figure out what can go in there because the building doesn't have a loading dock for deliveries.
It doesn't? What's behind the garage doors that are next to the alley on 5th St?
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » September 25th, 2017, 12:25 pm

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for it, but Renaissance Square (5th and Nicollet) just sold on Friday to new investors. I think they're called "Trinity" something-or-other. Cushman & Wakefield is now managing the property. Hopefully this means something will eventually go into the massive ground floor retail space near the light rail. It's tough to figure out what can go in there because the building doesn't have a loading dock for deliveries.

New property manager mentioned he wanted to improve skyway visibility for the building, but I don't know if they can do much w/o cooperation from 50 S. 6th St.
Locked article:
Historic Renaissance Square sells in downtown Minneapolis
http://finance-commerce.com/2017/09/his ... nneapolis/

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » September 25th, 2017, 1:57 pm

Business Journal picked up on the article too...

Nicollet Mall’s Renaissance Square sells for $20M
https://www.bizjournals.com/twincities/ ... r-20m.html
*LOCKED*

Gist:
Some of the 10-story building’s larger tenants include DLR Group, an architecture firm; and engineering firm WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff, according to a listing on Xceligent, a commercial property data firm that is powered locally by the Minnesota Commercial Association of Real Estate/Realtors (MNCAR).

The building has about 27,200 square feet of vacant office space, according to the listing. It also has a 9,800-square-foot retail vacancy on the first floor, according to a Mid-American Real Estate Minnesota listing.

Anton
Block E

Postby Anton » September 25th, 2017, 2:09 pm

Hopefully this means something will eventually go into the massive ground floor retail space near the light rail. It's tough to figure out what can go in there because the building doesn't have a loading dock for deliveries.
It doesn't? What's behind the garage doors that are next to the alley on 5th St?
There's a bit of parking down there but it's not close to enough space for a delivery vehicle. The turn is too tight and there's no overhead clearance either.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » September 25th, 2017, 2:09 pm

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » September 25th, 2017, 3:42 pm

Something with minimal deliveries and thrives off of window shopping? Sounds like actual retail to me. A Martin Patrick 3 mini store would be kind of cool here. Maybe somewhere to get a haircut on Nicollet? Maybe rent is too high for services, but there are some high dollar salons and barbers.

SurlyLHT
Wells Fargo Center

Postby SurlyLHT » September 26th, 2017, 10:47 am

It's a somewhat prominent corner. There must be some value in that. I doubt retail would work. It's pretty close to the new apartment towers. Are there any neighborhood services that Downtown is still missing? We have a pharmacy and grocery and Target and clinics and dentists.

LakeCharles
Foshay Tower

Postby LakeCharles » September 27th, 2017, 8:45 am

Article on the renovation of Fifth St. Towers, including the fun skyway bar. I know many people are skeptical it will last, but I like it and the look of it.

http://www.startribune.com/fifth-street ... 448014283/

grrdanko
Landmark Center

Postby grrdanko » November 6th, 2017, 5:47 pm

Northstar Center is in foreclosure.

http://www.startribune.com/northstar-ce ... 455625523/

They were talking about converting it to apartments last year. Hopefully the new owner will do something interesting with the building.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » November 6th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Like tear down the horrible additions? God I hope so.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » November 6th, 2017, 10:16 pm

Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

trkaiser
Landmark Center

Postby trkaiser » March 23rd, 2018, 7:45 am

What do you all think about the reports that Target and Kroger might merge? While that brand doesn't have a big presence in our area, it's the second-largest retailer (behind Walmart) and 18th largest company in the U.S. according to Wiki... this could be good for downtown.

LakeCharles
Foshay Tower

Postby LakeCharles » March 23rd, 2018, 7:56 am

What do you all think about the reports that Target and Kroger might merge? While that brand doesn't have a big presence in our area, it's the second-largest retailer (behind Walmart) and 18th largest company in the U.S. according to Wiki... this could be good for downtown.
Unless the HQ stays in Cincinnati.

dajazz
Nicollet Mall

Postby dajazz » March 23rd, 2018, 8:05 am

Supposedly it's only related to a partnership with Target's new Shipt acquisition, not an actual merger. I'd be wary of any large companies merging with Target since like LakeCharles said the headquarters could remain in the other company's downtown, that could be a significant blow to downtown Minneapolis.