US Bank Plaza

Re: Downtown Hotel News

Postby VacantLuxuries » July 19th, 2018, 9:17 am

Gross

nordeast homer
US Bank Plaza

Postby nordeast homer » July 19th, 2018, 10:40 am

Other than training camp, when would this be appealing? I suppose they could have rooms that are geared toward traveling media and they could house players that come in for visits, but I'd assume most people using it would have business at the facility.

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mamundsen » July 19th, 2018, 1:40 pm

There are a number of other large corps down in that area. Thompson Reuters is one example. They are hoping that they will stay as close a possible. I think they are also hoping some of the amenities built in (auditorium, etc) will be used by these corps too.

I think they are hoping that the stadium will be used for MSHSL games and could have out of towners stay right there.

lastly, remember they plan to eventually build out 10 (?) apartment buildings adding thousands of residents, plus retail, office, etc. They hope all of these uses lead to a HUGE mixed use area that has everything you could ever need.

QuietBlue
Rice Park

Postby QuietBlue » July 19th, 2018, 3:07 pm

And it's fairly close to the airport too.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » August 6th, 2018, 10:02 pm

The Rand Tower hotel conversion was presented to the DMNA LUC tonight. Only new item was that they're going to build a rooftop bar on top of the four-story annex section between the tower itself and CP Plaza.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » August 9th, 2018, 8:34 am

Cool, I overlook that from my office and I look forward to spying on people on the rooftop.

John21
Union Depot

Postby John21 » July 17th, 2019, 7:36 am

Rand Tower update- http://www.startribune.com/owner-of-ran ... 512798372/
The owner of Rand Tower, a historic Art Deco office building in downtown Minneapolis, is transforming it into a Tribute by Marriott hotel.

Maven Real Estate Partners plans to spend more than $86 million to convert the building at 527 S. Marquette Av. from office space into a 277-room hotel, said Nick Peterson, co-founder and principal of Maven.

Return to “Minneapolis - Downtown”