City Club Apartments - 1000 Marquette Ave (Handicraft Building)

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
VacantLuxuries
US Bank Plaza

Re: City Club Apartments - 1000 Marquette Ave (Handicraft Building)

Postby VacantLuxuries » March 27th, 2019, 10:00 am

I don't disagree with there being an untapped need for a better way for people to match up with roommates, but I think prescribing it is the same sort of middle-class sensibility as a default that cost us a lot of our more affordable living options in US cities.

I don't really get why the idea of sharing communal spaces among many people in a building is somehow more abhorrent than having one or two people share your actual living quarters. I don't know, if I given the choice to have roommates in my apartment or to have a tiny private apartment that had a shared kitchen on the floor, I'd pick the latter. But we don't give people that choice anymore.

At the moment I'm not facing this problem, but I definitely never want to deal with roommates ever again. And it would be a detriment to my mental health to be economically forced into that situation because nobody built options for people who want to live alone and are willing to make space trade-offs in order to do so.

Let's see how these not-that-affordable units do before we start tearing them down.

Oreos&Milk
Metrodome

Postby Oreos&Milk » April 5th, 2019, 12:23 pm

grant1simons2 wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 12:26 pm

There's too much happening!!!
don't hurt me but.. I actually like it! Maybe minus the oversize marshmallows on toothpicks ceiling fixtures. I like how it is very "busy" it be a great waiting spot in the lobby for when your meeting people but your just need an extra 10 min. to get ready. The only thing I don't like is the price. the 1400 studio look really nice. I'd be ok with paying 800 maybe 900 for a studio that size. Ok maybe 1200 TOPS but that is only if there is a nice small dog walking space outside which there is not. It's really prized out of it's market. Though I'm not born with a golden spoon in my bum so I would likely never be welcome here but... it's fun to pretend at least.. :|

Blaisdell Greenway
Nicollet Mall

Postby Blaisdell Greenway » May 3rd, 2019, 9:10 am

The "restaurant space available" sign now has a giant LEASED sticker across it. Any ideas what's going in here?

Return to “Minneapolis - Downtown”