U.S. Bank Stadium

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
mister.shoes
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Minnesota Multi Purpose Stadium

Postby mister.shoes » October 9th, 2014, 3:06 pm

Spectacular! Thanks for taking and sharing those!
The problem with being an introvert online is that no one knows you're just hanging out and listening.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » October 9th, 2014, 4:14 pm

Yep, those are great photos. Thanks for uploading!

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » October 9th, 2014, 4:40 pm

Thanks for the photos.

Also, the Star Tribune with an awesomely passive aggressive story about the Vikings and the MSFA.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... 21751.html

Apparently the Vikings are going to pay for something else on the stadium, but no word on what it will be yet. The team has another great opportunity to appear tone deaf here. Anything think this will actually be the bird glass?

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » October 9th, 2014, 7:47 pm

Passive aggressive? I thought they were pretty clear about their gripes in the story regarding transparency, as clear as a reporter can be in a non-opinion piece.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » October 9th, 2014, 10:15 pm

It's transparently clear they have an opaque view on fenestrating their press agendas.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

mullen
Foshay Tower

Postby mullen » October 10th, 2014, 7:07 am

why doesn't our press demand to know what the saints are getting for naming rights on their 80 percent publically funded ballpark? imagine the howls of anger if the vikings tried to hide that information. this reporter would be storming winter park.

transparency seems to be subjective when it comes our local press. and is there much public outcry over the bird glass issue? i've heard more amusement at what all the fuss is about. councilmember for life cam gordon and 20 people with signs is not huge public outrage.

bus14
Block E

Postby bus14 » October 10th, 2014, 7:59 am

why doesn't our press demand to know what the saints are getting for naming rights on their 80 percent publically funded ballpark? imagine the howls of anger if the vikings tried to hide that information. this reporter would be storming winter park.
Has it ever been officially said how much Target pays for Target Field? It's estimated at $5 million per year. But I don't believe thats ever been officially confirmed though.

The Saints figure should be public knowledge eventually. The team keeps the first $500k and the rest goes to the city. Although I believe the rights have some attendance clauses in it though which may muddy up the figure. But we should know probably sometime in 2016 is my guess (a year after it's opened).

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » October 10th, 2014, 8:31 am

Via twitter: https://twitter.com/rochelleolson/statu ... 6294580224

So that brings the Vikings contribution $498.5 million.. so low.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » October 10th, 2014, 8:38 am

"I got the taxpayers to subsidize half of the cost to dear down my old home and build a new one in its place, but hey look! I'm throwing in another thousand bucks to upgrade the appliances!"

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » October 10th, 2014, 9:08 am

They really should have built it in Arden Hills with millions more government subsidy to upgrade the freeway system around it, encourage suburban sprawl, preserve the surface parking lots in DTE, and deteriorate the economic vitality of downtown Minneapolis so we become more like Detroit ;)
Last edited by John on October 10th, 2014, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » October 10th, 2014, 9:12 am

And then rejuvenate downtown and start to rebuild but forget about everyone else outside of the core!

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » October 10th, 2014, 9:14 am

"If I don't get the taxpayers to subsidize half the cost to tear down my old home and build a new one in its place, I'll tear down my home in this neighborhood and have the taxpayers pay more to build me a new home in another neighborhood! You have no other choice!"

m b p
Nicollet Mall

Postby m b p » October 10th, 2014, 9:54 am

"If I don't get the taxpayers to subsidize half the cost to tear down my old home and build a new one in its place, I'll tear down my home in this neighborhood and have the taxpayers pay more to build me a new home in another neighborhood! You have no other choice!"

if your "home" contributed hundred of millions of dollars to the local economy through ticket sales, parking, bar/restaurant sales, caused 60,000 people to regularly visit a neighborhood, etc. I would have no problem with you getting a half billion dollar subsidy.

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » October 10th, 2014, 10:01 am

We've got a different thread for this discussion. Take it there if you really want to rehash this. Again.

J2K
Metrodome

Postby J2K » October 10th, 2014, 11:33 am

I just noticed on the webcam there's a large red crawler crane on the east end of the stadium. It looks like a 3/4 version of the giant yellow crane. Didn't know that was coming!

HuskyGrad
Union Depot

Postby HuskyGrad » October 12th, 2014, 9:54 am

I just noticed on the webcam there's a large red crawler crane on the east end of the stadium. It looks like a 3/4 version of the giant yellow crane. Didn't know that was coming!
They added a boom to a crane already on site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 12th, 2014, 3:51 pm

Is that Mega beam between the 2 ends going to be done in pieces or as one giant lift and get it done all at once??

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » October 12th, 2014, 3:55 pm

Is that Mega beam between the 2 ends going to be done in pieces or as one giant lift and get it done all at once??
Pieces, that would be an insanely heavy piece to do all at once, I think they split it into 3

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 12th, 2014, 4:03 pm

Thought there would be green towers by now. I'd think they would want those up before, (my favorite line), the snow falls!!

jennifat
City Center

Postby jennifat » October 17th, 2014, 2:10 pm

I was driving into town the other day on I-35W from the north, and I was shocked by how huge of a profile the skeleton of this thing already has! You can see this monster prominently soaring over Downtown East from miles away. It's going to be absolutely gargantuan.

Love the design or hate it, this thing is going to cast a very big shadow.