Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Old Spaghetti Factory to Pinstripes

Postby HiawathaGuy » April 15th, 2019, 4:27 pm

Pinstripes might take over Old Spaghetti Factory space
*LOCKED*

Gist:
Pinstripes, the Chicago-based bowling alley and restaurant chain, is eyeing the restaurant space at 233 Park Ave.
Pinstripes has a signed letter of intent for the space with the building owner, developer Sherman Associates.
They are working on a lease agreement but "share the common goal" of opening a Pinstripes in that location next summer.

A few thoughts... it's clear Sherman wanted to open a Pinstripes on Washington. I hope that OSF either comes back in Sherman's new Portland/Washington development - or better yet, takes over the long-vacant restaurant space in the Depot Office Center at 500 Washington, across from Crooked Pint/Subway/Caribou Coffee.

QuietBlue
Rice Park

Re: Old Spaghetti Factory to Pinstripes

Postby QuietBlue » April 15th, 2019, 5:14 pm

I hope it reopens elsewhere too. OSF is one of the last restaurants of its type downtown.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » April 15th, 2019, 6:00 pm

It was the accessible downtown restaurant for us suburban kids during high school. I actually never realized it closed.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » April 15th, 2019, 8:11 pm

They're still open as of tonight. Hopefully they can reopen - both 240 Park and 240 Portland will have a decent sized restaurant space on their respective corners.

That being said, I've long thought it would be fun to have a bowling alley downtown. Would have preferred a cheaper one than Pinstripes, but that's downtown for you.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » April 16th, 2019, 9:13 am

Didier wrote:
April 15th, 2019, 6:00 pm
It was the accessible downtown restaurant for us suburban kids during high school.
Maybe this is why I don't see it as any type of loss? I remember going there growing up as a suburban kid before I had any idea what else (better) was nearby.

QuietBlue
Rice Park

Postby QuietBlue » April 16th, 2019, 10:57 am

*shrug* It's outlasted many of the "better" restaurants downtown.

But I don't think anyone's claiming it's the best Italian food around or anything like that. More that it occupies a middle ground (especially for sit-down restaurants) that's disappearing fast from that particular area.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » April 16th, 2019, 1:08 pm

Yeah, that.

Return to “Minneapolis - Downtown”