8th St., KA, Thrivent, Centre Village projects/non emergent after hours issue permits

Downtown - North Loop - Mill District - Elliot Park - Loring Park
yikeslisa
Block E

8th St., KA, Thrivent, Centre Village projects/non emergent after hours issue permits

Postby yikeslisa » August 14th, 2019, 2:57 pm

Just hoping to start a constructive conversation, about non emergency after/before and weekend permits in blocks that some of us who feel adversely effected, living in an area where it's been 5 years of construction and even for new residents, visitors, employees and patients at HCMC, I'm hoping others who are thinking maybe they need to start restricting non emergent permits before and after hours and on weekends.

I've asked kindly city zoners and planners, especially with the upcoming Smith Lot, to be careful as there is more residents and visitors and businesses that can be adversely effected when they issue permits for non emergency reasons on nights and weekends and they could be better plan, given the high concentration of projects and different contractors in a 4 block radius, of restricting them.

Just a suggestion, as I've talked to people now who live in Sexton and Portland, HQ and where I live and none of us seem to like it but no one seems to be saying anything other than myself.

Saying something to one contractor, such as KA, won't be enough, I'm hoping others if they feel burdened by the noise, will say something to city zoning, planning and city council about the duress it can cause different populations of people, where we get some of the noise will not be prevented, but after/before and weekend hours non emergent permits can hopefully be more restricted across the contractors, because it won't matter if they don't issue some i.e. to KA, if people are noise distressed on nights and early mornings on weekedays (before 7am) and weekends, if the contractors for 8th street project still get a non emergent permit in that time.

Just finally throwing this out here and social media, after getting NO where with the city when it comes to less construction at all hours and more police presence at all hours.

And if you happen to be a resident and don't mind really loud noise at all hours, this post is not for ya, more power to ya though.

Peace..

elliotDTown
Block E

Re: 8th St., KA, Thrivent, Centre Village projects/non emergent after hours issue permits

Postby elliotDTown » August 16th, 2019, 9:40 am

The way I see most of it is that winter will be coming and we will have a few months or quietness for the most part. I'm sure NY wasn't too quiet during there booms of development.