Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
bubzki2
US Bank Plaza

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby bubzki2 » October 3rd, 2013, 9:04 am

I was planning on living in this building but I pulled the plug for various reasons. They had quoted me an Oct 2 move-in day. At this point, that's laughable so I think something went awry a while ago. Originally it was supposed to be early Sept. move in.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 3rd, 2013, 2:24 pm

IF you want to live in the north building they are open and minor finishing work to be done, mostly landscaping. The south building still has too much that needs to be done to safely let people move in. No balconies have been completed and lots of siding work that most be done and windows that need to be finish cleaning.

bubzki2
US Bank Plaza

Postby bubzki2 » October 11th, 2013, 7:25 am

Biked by last night - looks like quite a few lights on in the Greenway building, but I think about half the units are still under construction. No balconies on the Greenway building that I could see. Plus, that lousy ramp to the Greenway itself is still blocked. At this point, I think they should hurry up or open it back up.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 11th, 2013, 7:32 am

They will most likely be using the area over the ramp for a staging area for the still not completed balconies. Clueless as to what the hold up is. I do know that the number of the construction crew has diminished a great deal as I rarely have contractor trucks parked in front of my house like this summer. Still nothing with the colored siding, while Lime that started after is going to town with their colored panels.

bapster2006
Foshay Tower

Postby bapster2006 » October 12th, 2013, 2:36 pm

A good view of the outside finish

Track 29 10-12-13 by bapster2006, on Flickr

bubzki2
US Bank Plaza

Postby bubzki2 » October 14th, 2013, 3:19 pm

Somehow "finish" doesn't seem the most apt word for this project, am I right? The lack of balconies and still-exposed black (cement/gypsum board?) really give it a nice "derelichte" look.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 15th, 2013, 8:16 am

Not sure if it is the developer, the contractor, or who is to blame for this lack of progress. Don't know how they can get occupancy approval without the balconies in place. Another night of rain and they still are not working on the colored siding for the corners. At the rate they are going the first snow fall will hamper that effort. While they have some cash flow coming from the north building, their larger cash machine is sitting empty and unfinished.

bubzki2
US Bank Plaza

Postby bubzki2 » October 15th, 2013, 8:20 am

Perhaps Elan is eating their lunch? Hard to understand with all the supposed unmet demand for such units and a wonderful location...

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 15th, 2013, 8:29 am

bubzki2 wrote:Perhaps Elan is eating their lunch? Hard to understand with all the supposed unmet demand for such units and a wonderful location...
Elan does have 2 of their building open for occupancy, with the third probably open before the Track gets theirs finished for occupancy. These boys have to be stressing out that they are losing possible revenue each day and for what I see at least close to December for them to really get anyone into their building. How many people want to move in when they have the cold and possible snow to deal with. Lost opportunity for sure.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » October 15th, 2013, 9:46 am

Solhavn had people move in without balconies, so I don't think it's required. When i was there I never tried to open the sliding door onto the balcony space so I don't know if they were secured shut or not until balconies got installed.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 15th, 2013, 9:54 am

That would work until the first lawsuit. Not sure how an insurance company would insure a build like that unless they get some pretty nice premiums during that time!

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 18th, 2013, 8:15 am

Not sure what the F is going on at this development. Have barely seen any workers at this building. Yesterday I only saw workers for the pool installers there. They have the sunshade for the last section of the building there, yet they sit there going no where. You would think that they have been part of the government shut down. I have seen no balconies laying around like the sunshades so I'm not sure if the hangup is the fabricator? Still not a singal piece of the colored panels going up on this building. They were first out of the ground and they have been losing ground ever since. Not sure if they have run out of money and are waiting for cash flow out of the north building to complete this? They also have their bridge over to the roof of the north building to get even started on so that their roof top terrace will be there for their tenants. THis development is in a sorry state at present.

lordmoke
Wells Fargo Center

Postby lordmoke » October 18th, 2013, 8:53 am

This is Village Green, the same company that's doing the Soo Line Building, so it's not money. Watching this project has just been a weird experience.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 18th, 2013, 9:08 am

Is Village Green the developer or just the building manager for the developer. Either way, this does not shed very good light on VG's ability to keep their projects on track.

seanrichardryan
Capella Tower

Postby seanrichardryan » October 18th, 2013, 10:21 am

Why all the hand-wringing?
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 18th, 2013, 10:51 am

I'd be an unhappy tenant if I was promised amenities and they are still far from complete and I'm paying full rent! A few jobs I think at this point are on the line and reputations will be tarnished!

bubzki2
US Bank Plaza

Postby bubzki2 » October 18th, 2013, 11:23 am

I agree that something's awry. Tenants should be their #1 concern, but seriously Open the dang Greenway ramp if you're not going to work on the building! I do wonder if there was an issue with the metal fabricator holding things up (pun intended). I would guess those balconies are fairly standardized and are shipped from reasonably far away?

struct100
Block E

Postby struct100 » October 18th, 2013, 1:12 pm

There is a lot of confusion/speculation here about the status of this project, so hopefully I can clarify some things. Full disclosure: I am not affiliated with any companies working on this project, but I am a tenant here.
  • 1.Village Green is not the developer, they are just the building manager. They have no control over the project other than to relay tenant's concerns. RMF Group is the developer in partnership with Phoenix Development.
    2. Tenants are not paying full rent to live here, which has been the case since July when the Bryant building opened. We agree that the project has not progressed as we had expected, but we are being compensated for it.
    3. All of the units are code-compliant and open for occupancy. The sliding doors to the future balconies are bolted shut and are not a liability compared to any open window on any other building.
    4. The balconies, railings and other aluminium products are delayed because of the manufacturer. These products are actually not standardized, but are particular to each project and must be fabricated to meet the architect's design.
    5. Because of the delay for the balconies, construction is focused on the interior of the amenity spaces, which is why it doesn't appear like anything is happening.
I'd just like to echo seanrichardryan: why all the hand-wringing? The building will be done soon. Let's just all be happy that this neighborhood is getting the development it's needed for a long time!

NickP
Union Depot

Postby NickP » October 19th, 2013, 12:03 pm

^^^ thanks mate :)

bubzki2
US Bank Plaza

Postby bubzki2 » October 28th, 2013, 7:51 am

Went by yesterday. Still no balconies and the ramp is still blocked.

Return to “Minneapolis - South, Southwest, and Uptown”