Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby Wedgeguy » October 28th, 2013, 9:54 am

From what I see everything has ground to a stop at this place. They have done nothing with the side walks along the greenway even though they are ready and could be easily taken care of. I see lawsuits in this buildings future. Whether is is the Aluminum supplier, the general contractor, This has turned into a real mess.

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » October 28th, 2013, 11:42 am

Are you refering to liens?

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 28th, 2013, 12:23 pm

min-chi-cbus wrote:Are you refering to liens?
I'd say both, here you are with a building that is 85% finished. You supposedly can rent out the apartment in the semi finished building, but can you get a full rate for it. I really doubt it. Not sure if the first floor apartments have access to an inner hall way as they are no where close to a walkable finish for the sidewalks. At this point it is syrofoam. Will be interesting to see how that holds up f we were to get an unexpected snow fall that drops 6" or more. how they would clean that mess up. If I was an investor I'd be livid with how this is progressing. Any potential tenants would think twice about moving into a partially finished building when you have at least one that is ready to go and the Walkway possibly ready by the first of December, and Lime possibly allowing move ins about the same time in the Aldrich building.

Someone is losing money here. Not sure who, but they sure don't have their intended cash flow I'm sure due to the unfinished nature of the South building.

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mamundsen » October 28th, 2013, 12:47 pm

Wedgeguy, did you read the post I quoted below? It seems to provide many answers and address the situation much more than the "doom and gloom" of your post.
struct100 wrote:There is a lot of confusion/speculation here about the status of this project, so hopefully I can clarify some things. Full disclosure: I am not affiliated with any companies working on this project, but I am a tenant here.
  • 1.Village Green is not the developer, they are just the building manager. They have no control over the project other than to relay tenant's concerns. RMF Group is the developer in partnership with Phoenix Development.
    2. Tenants are not paying full rent to live here, which has been the case since July when the Bryant building opened. We agree that the project has not progressed as we had expected, but we are being compensated for it.
    3. All of the units are code-compliant and open for occupancy. The sliding doors to the future balconies are bolted shut and are not a liability compared to any open window on any other building.
    4. The balconies, railings and other aluminium products are delayed because of the manufacturer. These products are actually not standardized, but are particular to each project and must be fabricated to meet the architect's design.
    5. Because of the delay for the balconies, construction is focused on the interior of the amenity spaces, which is why it doesn't appear like anything is happening.
I'd just like to echo seanrichardryan: why all the hand-wringing? The building will be done soon. Let's just all be happy that this neighborhood is getting the development it's needed for a long time!

bubzki2
US Bank Plaza

Postby bubzki2 » October 28th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Still, all the excuses in the world are ultimately just excuses. Someone's going to be responsible for the delay and I hope the building and its management can weather the storm and (strong) competition.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 28th, 2013, 1:31 pm

Yes what I said, the manufacturer had to have had a deadline date that they missed by a mile. That should have nothing to do with why there are not any sidewalks being poured while the weather is good and they can cure properly on the greenway promenade. Why is the rest of the cement board not being painted that is not yet finished, That has little to do with an aluminum manufacturer as that should be painted before the balconies are put up. I would say that they have run out of money to do the things that still need to get done.

They will say all is well so that there does not get to be bad word out about the project. But if all was cool, then the above projects would have crews working on them right now . But last week I sure did not see anyone but a pool guy on Monday doing much of anything. The above projects will cost more and have quality issues the later and colder it gets.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 1st, 2013, 9:27 pm

Looks like the manufacturer is finally getting a few balconies delivered. While walking today I saw 4 balconies laying on the ground waiting to be put up. There are now massive slabs of Styrofoam on which the sidewalks of the promenade have been fitted. Still no concrete work. I saw 4-6 slabs of 8" high fake wood planks on the ground by where their so called color corner is supposed to be. I sure hope that is not what they are planning to use. The place looks cut rate as it is. That would only cheapen it more!!

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 8th, 2013, 4:45 pm

Well work is finally happening here again. They got the main section of the promenade walk poured except for the area connecting to the Aldrich and Bryant sidewalks. They also have laid down the Styrofoam slabs that the outdoor decks will be poured onto. Looks like about a dozen of the stub balconies have been installed finally. A few on the north side have now got their rails, but those on the south are still missing their rails.

Still a mystery what they are going to cover the SW corner with for material. From one of the pics I looked at. It almost looks like it could be oxidized iron panels like they used on the entry way. That would eventually look orange. Again, not sure why those panels are running that far behind!

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 13th, 2013, 9:33 pm

They replaced a broken window today and then started to put up some metal work that I think will be used to attach what ever siding they decide to put up. More of the stub balconies now have their rails up on them. The walk out balconies still have not been put up.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 21st, 2013, 3:08 pm

Have gotten some of the full balconies finally up. They are still installing Styrofoam insulation to the SW corner of the building. Still no idea what kind of panels they will be using on that corner section. Saw guys working on some of the landscaping for the south side of the building. There were also two pallets of balconies and support rails sitting on Bryant.

bubzki2
US Bank Plaza

Postby bubzki2 » November 21st, 2013, 3:10 pm

Thanks for the updates! Goodness this has been slow.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 22nd, 2013, 4:09 pm

It is official!! The 2013 buildings are wearing fake wood this year. Yet another orange fake wood like the Walkway, 2700 mystery retail, now the SW corner received about 6 panels of fake wood this afternoon. Here I thought the tasteless 60's were past us! I guess it is just history repeating itself!

seanrichardryan
Capella Tower

Postby seanrichardryan » November 22nd, 2013, 4:12 pm

I went by the building this morning and really liked the way it's turned out, clean and modern. This was pre fake wood though...
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 22nd, 2013, 4:59 pm

Fake wood went up after 1:30.

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » November 24th, 2013, 9:19 pm

uptowncarag

Postby uptowncarag » November 24th, 2013, 10:56 pm

It is amazing how dramatic all of this development looks from the greenway. Uptown is really transforming.

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » November 26th, 2013, 10:54 pm

Yes, from an outside perspective that view is very impressive!

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 27th, 2013, 8:02 am

When you compare to Lime or Elan or even Flux, it is a disappointment. John and I are doing an Uptown walk around today to get him up to speed on the developments here. It has been a since last week since I walked by so I'm looking forward to seeing out the Flormica Wood looks farther up the corner there.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 28th, 2013, 10:15 am

The pumpkin board is now covering 3/4 of the west corner. They have started work on putting up the Styrofoam insulation boards that go behind the panels finally on the south side of the corner. While it may take some time to get used to the color of the fake wood, it does definitely add color to a pretty underwhelming color palette.

Nathan
IDS Center

Postby Nathan » December 2nd, 2013, 2:38 pm

From the East:
Untitled by fotoapparatic, on Flickr

Panels going up: (All I have to say is that whoever the rep for this product is in the TC area is doing a dang good job...)

Ramp/Promenade:

Return to “Minneapolis - South, Southwest, and Uptown”