Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
David Greene
IDS Center
Posts: 4760
Joined: December 4th, 2012, 11:41 am

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby David Greene » November 11th, 2014, 2:32 pm

Didier wrote:I had a neighbor last year who simply didn't shovel the sidewalk ever. So in the dead of winter it'd be really jagged and uneven, and in the spring it was a swimming pool. Every time I'd run by I'd think of passive aggressive responses — come back and place a sign in his yard, come back and shovel it myself — only to forget about it by the time I got home.
Call your CM and report them. The city will come out and clean it up and bill the property owner.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 1574
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 12:03 pm

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby HiawathaGuy » November 11th, 2014, 2:46 pm

David Greene wrote:
Didier wrote:I had a neighbor last year who simply didn't shovel the sidewalk ever. So in the dead of winter it'd be really jagged and uneven, and in the spring it was a swimming pool. Every time I'd run by I'd think of passive aggressive responses — come back and place a sign in his yard, come back and shovel it myself — only to forget about it by the time I got home.
Call your CM and report them. The city will come out and clean it up and bill the property owner.
They will suggest you contact 311. The online forms for potholes, sidewalks not being shoveled, lawns not being mowed is incredibly easy. Plus you get a ticket #. Oftentimes when I report potholes, the City is out repairing them within a few days.

There's no excuse for somebody not shoveling. I wait 24 hours, but after that, I gladly go online and report it.

xandrex
Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 1363
Joined: January 30th, 2013, 11:14 am

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby xandrex » November 11th, 2014, 3:15 pm

HiawathaGuy wrote:
David Greene wrote:
Didier wrote:I had a neighbor last year who simply didn't shovel the sidewalk ever. So in the dead of winter it'd be really jagged and uneven, and in the spring it was a swimming pool. Every time I'd run by I'd think of passive aggressive responses — come back and place a sign in his yard, come back and shovel it myself — only to forget about it by the time I got home.
Call your CM and report them. The city will come out and clean it up and bill the property owner.
They will suggest you contact 311. The online forms for potholes, sidewalks not being shoveled, lawns not being mowed is incredibly easy. Plus you get a ticket #. Oftentimes when I report potholes, the City is out repairing them within a few days.

There's no excuse for somebody not shoveling. I wait 24 hours, but after that, I gladly go online and report it.
The real problem with this system is that it's not proactive. The city goes out and gives a warning and then if they don't clean up their act, they send someone out to do the work. But by then, it may be nearly impossible to break through the compacted, slippery chunk of ice it has become.

Perhaps not surprisingly, empty houses are pretty bad all winter.

Pip

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby Pip » November 12th, 2014, 10:55 am

David Greene wrote:Walked to pick up the car from Paul Williams this afternoon (~3pm) and Track 29 was the only place on the Greenway east of Dupont that had all their sidewalks cleared, including the promenade. The other places didn't seem to have cleared anything at all.

Just wanted to post this since I called out Track 29 for not clearing sidewalks last year. Good job!
I made a little time lapse for fun from Track 29 that shows the first snow that we got over the weekend. One thing you'll notice is that I don't think Bryant was ever plowed, as far as I can see. That might explain why it's an icy mess right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCiS6m2ygqg

LakeCharles
Foshay Tower
Posts: 833
Joined: January 16th, 2014, 8:34 am
Location: Kingfield

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby LakeCharles » November 12th, 2014, 11:27 am

It looks like at 0:39 the street is cleared, no?

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower
Posts: 3785
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 6:59 am

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby Wedgeguy » November 12th, 2014, 11:47 am

LakeCharles wrote:It looks like at 0:39 the street is cleared, no?
Unless there is a snow emergency, the residential street rarely get plowed. Most just get packed down and then the heat of the tires and the sun get rid of light snow.

Pip

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby Pip » November 12th, 2014, 11:55 am

LakeCharles wrote:It looks like at 0:39 the street is cleared, no?
Honestly not sure. My time lapse software froze for a while right at 0:39 so I'm not sure if it got plowed or it suddenly looks more clear because of a half hour of traffic.

My favorite part of this video is the guy parked in 30 minute parking from Sunday afternoon to Monday morning. Guess that's not enforced.

User avatar
Nathan
IDS Center
Posts: 4003
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 10:42 am

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby Nathan » November 12th, 2014, 12:21 pm

Is the parking on that part of Bryant Restricted at all? if not... I'm looking at this going like OMG SO MUCH STREET PARKING!!! I live at the north side of the wedge and it's never that easy to get a spot on the street... Hmmmm... How is it possible that these dense developments created areas of easier street parking even during now?

David Greene
IDS Center
Posts: 4760
Joined: December 4th, 2012, 11:41 am

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby David Greene » November 12th, 2014, 1:00 pm

Nathan wrote:Is the parking on that part of Bryant Restricted at all? if not... I'm looking at this going like OMG SO MUCH STREET PARKING!!! I live at the north side of the wedge and it's never that easy to get a spot on the street... Hmmmm... How is it possible that these dense developments created areas of easier street parking even during now?
To be fair though, parking on Fremont south of 28th is a nightmare.

User avatar
Nathan
IDS Center
Posts: 4003
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 10:42 am

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby Nathan » November 12th, 2014, 1:04 pm

David Greene wrote:
Nathan wrote:Is the parking on that part of Bryant Restricted at all? if not... I'm looking at this going like OMG SO MUCH STREET PARKING!!! I live at the north side of the wedge and it's never that easy to get a spot on the street... Hmmmm... How is it possible that these dense developments created areas of easier street parking even during now?
To be fair though, parking on Fremont south of 28th is a nightmare.
Hasn't it always been though? or is this a recent change? I know 26th to 27th on Fremont has always been hell for parking.

Pip

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby Pip » November 12th, 2014, 1:07 pm

Nathan wrote:Is the parking on that part of Bryant Restricted at all? if not... I'm looking at this going like OMG SO MUCH STREET PARKING!!! I live at the north side of the wedge and it's never that easy to get a spot on the street... Hmmmm... How is it possible that these dense developments created areas of easier street parking even during now?
I would believe the majority of residents have underground parking or no cars at all. Bryant is somewhat restricted here. On the left side of Bryant (from the camera's perspective), from the Greenway to the door is 3 hour parking. The area in front of the door is supposed to be 30 minute parking. That's part of the reason it looks fairly empty. Most people seem to be following the rules.

David Greene
IDS Center
Posts: 4760
Joined: December 4th, 2012, 11:41 am

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby David Greene » November 13th, 2014, 11:57 am

Nathan wrote:
David Greene wrote:
Nathan wrote:Is the parking on that part of Bryant Restricted at all? if not... I'm looking at this going like OMG SO MUCH STREET PARKING!!! I live at the north side of the wedge and it's never that easy to get a spot on the street... Hmmmm... How is it possible that these dense developments created areas of easier street parking even during now?
To be fair though, parking on Fremont south of 28th is a nightmare.
Hasn't it always been though? or is this a recent change? I know 26th to 27th on Fremont has always been hell for parking.
I'm not sure. The neighbors say it's worse since Flux went in but I don't know how much stock to put in that.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower
Posts: 3785
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 6:59 am

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby Wedgeguy » November 13th, 2014, 12:58 pm

A good portion of the problem with with the area around Flux is that there is already enough apartments that don't truly have appropriate off street parking. The construction of Elan west I'm sure is taking some of the possible parking away temporarily. Also you have people that will park near Flux so they can walk to Uptown and not have to pay for a ramp. That will never change.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge
Posts: 7941
Joined: June 19th, 2012, 2:04 pm
Location: NORI: NOrth of RIchfield

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby mattaudio » November 13th, 2014, 1:05 pm

So then isn't the solution to simply raise the price of parking?

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower
Posts: 3785
Joined: June 1st, 2012, 6:59 am

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby Wedgeguy » November 13th, 2014, 1:13 pm

I think here you are looking more at permit parking as apposed to metered parking. But you would still come up short on parking for the number of units that had no other parking. The new building have plenty of parking so they are really not the problem. The problem is guests who park on the street when visiting, cheap people, and being so close to a retail district. Same issues happen on other streets near Uptown proper.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge
Posts: 7941
Joined: June 19th, 2012, 2:04 pm
Location: NORI: NOrth of RIchfield

Re: Track 29 Apartments - (2841 Bryant Avenue South)

Postby mattaudio » November 13th, 2014, 2:24 pm

Come up short on parking, at what price?


Return to “Minneapolis - South, Southwest, and Uptown”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest