Giordano's Pizza / Bank of America - 2700 Hennepin Ave S

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
MNdible
is great.

Re: Mystery Retail - (2700 Hennepin Avenue South)

Postby MNdible » October 18th, 2013, 12:25 pm

"Spec Retail" is probably a better name for this.

mplser
US Bank Plaza

Postby mplser » October 30th, 2013, 5:16 pm

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » October 30th, 2013, 9:49 pm

Anyone know of an aluminum plant that had a fire or major damage? This building and Track 29 are way behind on their outer shell, which I believe are both aluminum. Winter is coming and this building has been ready for siding for a month+ now!!

struct100
Block E

Postby struct100 » October 31st, 2013, 7:42 am

Wedgeguy wrote:Winter is coming...

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » November 1st, 2013, 2:59 pm

Talking with a business owner nearby, he suspects it's going to be Chick-Fil-A that will take the drive-thru spot in the building. Combining the facts of having 28,000 cars per day pass by, probably the only drive-thru that Uptown will allow for the next 10 years and the fact that the chain is pursuing aggressive expansion in the Twin Cities makes this site pretty appealing to them.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » November 1st, 2013, 3:07 pm

And if there's a neighborhood clamoring for some homophobic chicken, Uptown is it.

kirby96
Union Depot

Postby kirby96 » November 1st, 2013, 3:11 pm

Maybe Rybak's last action will be to ban them.

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » November 1st, 2013, 3:55 pm

MNdible wrote:And if there's a neighborhood clamoring for some homophobic chicken, Uptown is it.
:D And on top of it, Chick-Fil-A will be looking directly across the street at the new coffee shop, Leather and Latte.

Where you can sip a Guatemalan blend while shopping for a leather harness and whips.

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » November 1st, 2013, 5:39 pm

There'll probably be even worse neighborhood opposition if the chicken isn't '"free range" ;)

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » November 1st, 2013, 7:10 pm

Avian wrote:Talking with a business owner nearby, he suspects it's going to be Chick-Fil-A that will take the drive-thru spot in the building. Combining the facts of having 28,000 cars per day pass by, probably the only drive-thru that Uptown will allow for the next 10 years and the fact that the chain is pursuing aggressive expansion in the Twin Cities makes this site pretty appealing to them.
Before we waste 7 pages talking about this, can we just for one second think about how unlikely that is?

I don't think this drive-up window was ever intended for a high volume fast food type of user. Given the small queueing space and limited parking available, it's much better suited for a coffee shop or financial institution. The coffee shop scenario is probably the most likely. Chick-fil-A is not the only chain looking for space. What you've described are a bunch of coincidences.

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » November 1st, 2013, 8:29 pm

^^^You do have a point Twincitizen. The urban snob in me says Chick-Fil-A is an unlikely and ghastly tenant given the area, but who knows?

seanrichardryan
Capella Tower

Postby seanrichardryan » November 1st, 2013, 9:03 pm

Nolan PG stated that they were not looking for a fast food tenant when they approached the neighborhoods about redevelopment.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

Nathan
IDS Center

Postby Nathan » November 8th, 2013, 11:10 am

they've been installing that same composite wood like paneling on the soffits (where it looked like there would be some funky Orange tile) the last couple of days

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » November 8th, 2013, 11:16 am

The ingress/egress on the south side of the building is a disaster. Exiting the drive thru lane basically sets you up for a head-on collision with a car entering from Hennepin. This curb cut should be exit only...I'm having a hard time believing what they've built/painted on the ground is what was approved. This curb cut is not channelized either and gives no indication that it will be right-in/right-out only, as it should be. Why would they want cars entering from Hennepin, mucking up with outbound drive-thru traffic? All ingress should be coming from 27th, but I bet the neighborhood was against that, due to fears of traffic/noise spilling into the neighborhood. Dumb.

Edit: Well, I guess this is what they were approved for. Why do we want/need cars entering the parking lot from Hennepin? That just seems so unnecessary and downright dangerous. http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/www/gro ... 104268.pdf

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 8th, 2013, 4:18 pm

fotoapparatic wrote:they've been installing that same composite wood like paneling on the soffits (where it looked like there would be some funky Orange tile) the last couple of days
That composite wood is actually real 2X6"s for attaching what ever type of exterior siding they plan to use. At this point the whole building as 2x6"s covering it. I sure hope they plan to insult in between the stud before they put up the exterior panels. Walked by again this afternoon to double check as I thought you were saying that they put on that 60's wood paneling here too. But so far we are lucky that is not the case.
Yes that south driveway is a mess. I see many accidents happening before they make that a one way out only!

Nathan
IDS Center

Postby Nathan » November 9th, 2013, 9:19 am

Wedgeguy wrote:
fotoapparatic wrote:they've been installing that same composite wood like paneling on the soffits (where it looked like there would be some funky Orange tile) the last couple of days
That composite wood is actually real 2X6"s for attaching what ever type of exterior siding they plan to use. At this point the whole building as 2x6"s covering it. I sure hope they plan to insult in between the stud before they put up the exterior panels. Walked by again this afternoon to double check as I thought you were saying that they put on that 60's wood paneling here too. But so far we are lucky that is not the case.
Yes that south driveway is a mess. I see many accidents happIning before they make that a one way out only!
i wasn't referring to the siding. I was referring to the soffit areas under the over hang.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 9th, 2013, 10:15 am

If I have time I'll have to look closer at that. Surprised that they are installing that first and with most I've seen that is done almost last on most of the buildings up so far.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » November 12th, 2013, 7:12 pm

I have a hard time believing this would be a Chick-Fil-A as well, but I have an even harder time believing that Minneapolitans in Uptown would be too liberal to eat there.

seanrichardryan
Capella Tower

Postby seanrichardryan » November 14th, 2013, 1:41 am

Large siding panels were going on today. The color could be described as caramel, rendered in wood or something like it.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 14th, 2013, 10:33 am

So the 20-teens will be the years of the 60's terrible fake wood paneling in the outside of the buildings. Not the inside like the 60's!! Will have to take a walk by today and see how awful this stiff looks.

Return to “Minneapolis - South, Southwest, and Uptown”