Elan Uptown

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
David Greene
IDS Center

Re: Elan Uptown Phase I - (2837 Dupont Avenue South)

Postby David Greene » April 22nd, 2014, 2:42 pm

I'd say $1,500/mo is at the high end of that income level though, especially if it's a family with children.
I was just replying to the "young professional" thing, which I took to mean single. Some people will pay 40% of their income towards housing, some will pay 20%... the point was more that there are pretty simple empirical tests for these sorts of statements (not to pick on anyone, but I was replying to "I'd think anyone living there probably needs a six-figure income") that often show our assumptions are not necessarily on the mark.
The incorrect assumption I made was the rents, which I assumed were higher. Still, $1,500 is nothing to sneeze at. I used to pay that when living in the North Loop and I could barely do it as a single person. Like never eat out or do anything fun barely.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Re: Elan Uptown Phase II - (center and west blocks)

Postby Wedgeguy » April 27th, 2014, 11:38 am

A few updates to this project. On the west building they are now putting up the concrete beans for the ground floor. This is happening along Fremont so I think that the direction of construction will be going from Fremont to Emerson and then back to 28th street.

On the center block, they have started to put up what looks like rough cut limestone blocks to face the lower interior courtyard and the portion facing that greenway that will be exposed. Looks like the north buildings walls are now mostly up, but the ceiling joists still are needed in a good portion of that.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » May 8th, 2014, 11:06 am

A stone like face is going up on the inside corners of the west building. Strange that they are working from the inside to the street side. The other projects it is the other way around. Also along 28th they have started working on the Townhouses that will face 28th street. Not sure what the deal is with their parking as it down not look like there will be basements under them.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » June 11th, 2014, 9:38 am

Stick construction has started in the west building. The townhouses facing 28th look to be 3 levels with the ground floor being the garage level. Looks like they are getting things cleared for the townhouses that will face Emerson.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » June 11th, 2014, 8:54 pm

Noticed something odd about the townhouses. The unit on the corner of 28th and Emerson has a traditional bay window while the others have a more modern squared-off bay window. It seems odd but I'll reserve judgement until it's done.

TommyT
Target Field

Postby TommyT » June 12th, 2014, 7:33 am

Noticed something odd about the townhouses. The unit on the corner of 28th and Emerson has a traditional bay window while the others have a more modern squared-off bay window. It seems odd but I'll reserve judgement until it's done.
Have we seen any renderings of the townhouses yet? Maybe they'll make it look a little San Fransiscoesque and have each of them have a different look. I would love that if they did it right!

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » June 12th, 2014, 9:16 am

Have we seen any renderings of the townhouses yet? Maybe they'll make it look a little San Fransiscoesque and have each of them have a different look. I would love that if they did it right!
Yeah, that would be neat but it doesn't seem like that's the case. All of the bay windows are the same except the one on the corner. It looks odd right now.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » June 12th, 2014, 11:13 am

there are renderings in the plans, I remember seeing them, they looked lovely

John
Capella Tower

Postby John » June 14th, 2014, 6:31 am

I remember them too and they are one of the nicest components of the project. You almost wish they would make them condos to increase the option of more home ownership near the Greenway.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » June 14th, 2014, 10:22 pm

The bay by the alley is also traditional so there's some symmetry. It looks much better. They must not have had that built out last time I walked by.

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » June 21st, 2014, 6:13 pm

Nick Magrino
[email protected]

schmitzm03
Nicollet Mall

Postby schmitzm03 » June 22nd, 2014, 7:01 am

Shot of the townhouses on 28th:

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » July 10th, 2014, 8:52 pm

The exterior stone and brick are progressing on the center building. Looks like they are starting to work on footings for the bridge to connect the promenade. The second story of stick is well along going from both ends toward the middle on the west building. The first grouping of Townhouses is pretty much done except for exterior siding and finish work on the interior as windows have been going in for a week now . The second set of townhouses has their foundations done and the metal supports for the garage doors are up and set.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » August 16th, 2014, 6:40 pm

They are now working on the final level for the west apartments. The townhouses facing 28th are now being clad in stone and brick and the second set of townhouses are having the roof added on now.
MOre brick work is progressing on the center building and we will see how soon they start working on the pedestrian build for the promenade. Hoping all will be enclosed by the first snow fall. and exterior done by the 1st of the year.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » August 16th, 2014, 7:12 pm

I love how European scale and different and finishedthe southern wedge is getting

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » August 16th, 2014, 7:44 pm

People were moving into the center complex this past Thursday.

TommyT
Target Field

Postby TommyT » August 18th, 2014, 7:40 am

I was looking on the website to see if I could find floor plans of the town homes. It looks like they have everything but those listed. Are they set for a later opening date and that's why they aren't up yet?

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » August 18th, 2014, 11:48 am

I love how European scale and different and finishedthe southern wedge is getting
Agreed! I've been waiting for this for a long time.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » September 3rd, 2014, 3:30 pm

I popped into the center building lobby to check it out. There's a new rendering up in there.

bapster2006
Foshay Tower

Postby bapster2006 » September 17th, 2014, 8:06 am

The townhomes are coming along. I wish Minneapolis had a bunch more of this type of building scattered around town.

ImageElan II townhomes NE corner 9-16-14 by bapster2006, on Flickr

ImageElan II townhomes north face 9-16-14 by bapster2006, on Flickr