Elan Uptown

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
Nathan
Capella Tower

Re: Elan Uptown Phase II - (center and west blocks)

Postby Nathan » November 12th, 2013, 10:09 pm

uh, he was totally complimenting her apartment...

in a world wanting no glass ceilings, and equal treatment: both parties of a sexual act are being equally as "slutty". Chances are in that situation she doesn't remember his name either. If they had said it from a woman's perspective she would have just seemed like a slut, not sexist... however coming from a man's perspective now you're saying it's sexist... that's a little wishy washy to me. The ads are playful and effective to their target audience.
The fact that you use the word "slut" reinforces my point.
no... it doesn't. because using a dude implies he's a man slut and that the ad is sexist. using a female point of view would just imply the sluttines implied in both cases and gets away sexism free. that's bullshit.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » November 12th, 2013, 10:28 pm

If it was a woman commenting on a man's apartment, it'd be a slutty woman having a one night stand with the rich successful dude. Except it's reversed, so now this young successful woman has used a ditzy man to take car of her needs.

Women can want sex, and they can want it without a long term relationship, and the world will continue to turn. We're all also being pretty presumptuous. He could have come up for a cup of coffee after a date and then left like a gentleman.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » November 13th, 2013, 11:16 am

no... it doesn't. because using a dude implies he's a man slut and that the ad is sexist. using a female point of view would just imply the sluttines implied in both cases and gets away sexism free. that's bullshit.
No, what's bullshit is calling a woman a slut. Ever.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 21st, 2013, 3:15 pm

The west building is now are 3 floor stick with them putting up floor joists for the next floor. The east building has exterior wall up for a portion of the building. They must have been doing some repair to the east crane as it was not up and functioning when I walked by and they had a lot of prefab walls sitting next to the building waiting to get put in place.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Re: Elan Uptown Phase I - (2837 Dupont Avenue South)

Postby Wedgeguy » November 21st, 2013, 3:21 pm

Landscaping around the buildings look close to complete. Unless there is some minor exterior/interior finish work I think this project would be called complete.

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » November 24th, 2013, 9:21 pm

Nick Magrino
[email protected]

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 28th, 2013, 10:46 am

John and I had a tour of phase one which is a very nice building. When looking out one of the apartment windows I could see that they have finally gotten all but a few slabs of the ground floor done for the north building. Not sure if the north building will be one concrete and 3 stick or all four stick. They have started putting walls up for the 4th level of stick on the west building and floor/ceiling trusses above the 2nd level of stick on the east building.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » December 2nd, 2013, 2:35 pm

From Emerson/Freemont... can't remember.
Untitled by fotoapparatic, on Flickr

Shows where the Promenade Bridge will be well:

Courtyard:

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » December 15th, 2013, 1:08 pm

That last floor of the west building on the Central block is now started with the south walls up. But still nothing for the north building yet. Maybe that starts when the west building walls are all up and the roof on.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » December 27th, 2013, 6:49 pm

The last floor on the west building is now complete. They have also started putting windows into this building as well.

Andrew_F
Rice Park

Postby Andrew_F » January 2nd, 2014, 8:38 am

A crane for the north building popped up over the last week.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » January 12th, 2014, 4:08 pm

There is now a south side wall on the ground level of the north building. This is connecting the east and west buildings. Looks like the north building will be all stick construction. One more level of stick on the east building and we will only have to worry about the north building and the plaza to be finished.

Archiapolis
US Bank Plaza

Re: Elan Uptown Phase I - (2837 Dupont Avenue South)

Postby Archiapolis » January 21st, 2014, 12:29 pm

Wood looks like Ipe. Nice.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » January 29th, 2014, 3:05 pm

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » February 6th, 2014, 12:12 pm

Walls are all up now on the east building with a small section of roof started. That first level of the north building seems to be a bear for them. It is still not completed. Been over a month now.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » March 7th, 2014, 1:46 pm

Looks like most of the work is being concentrated on the west and east buildings. Windows are well along on the east building. The west building is fully enclosed and I would think that exterior materials will be coming soon.The north building is still stuck on the first level and I see no signs that they will be starting the second level anytime soon.

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » March 7th, 2014, 1:57 pm

I'd like to see an update of how this corridor along the Greenway looks now that Elan has most of its superstructure up now and everything else along the Greenway that was proposed (except Mosaic II) is almost complete.

Nathan
Capella Tower

Postby Nathan » March 7th, 2014, 2:38 pm

I'd like to see an update of how this corridor along the Greenway looks now that Elan has most of its superstructure up now and everything else along the Greenway that was proposed (except Mosaic II) is almost complete.
there is also the buzza lofts addition.

the third phase of Elan isn't really above ground yet, but it'll look cool once it comes out of the ground. very urban wall like

TommyT
Target Field

Postby TommyT » March 7th, 2014, 2:43 pm

I'm a little surprised they aren't connecting the three phases of Elan via skyway for ease of leasing staff and shared amenities between the three.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » March 7th, 2014, 4:10 pm

Skyways would cost them a fortune to go over 2 city streets. Plus you would have to get NIMBY approval for those too!!!