Southside - General Topics

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
lorwest
Nicollet Mall

Re: Southside - General Topics

Postby lorwest » May 10th, 2020, 11:07 am

Looks like the PPL/Family Partnership project on the southeast corner of Lake & Bloomington is underway. Foundations going in north of the Powderhorn Post Office.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » May 14th, 2020, 8:51 am

Yep, that's been digging for a few months now. That'll be a nice improvement to that corner. The new(ish) paint job on Mercado Central looks really sharp too. Most importantly, best tacos in the city on the NE corner of Lake & Bloomington - Taqueria Las Cuatro Milpas. I've been going since last summer and their popularity was clearly growing prior to the shutdown. Actually, they seem to be doing quite well on takeout too, as there are lines most evenings. I believe they have a food truck at the carwash at Lyndale & 22nd as well, though I'm not sure how often it's out there. If you like authentic tacos, I give it my highest recommendation. Pollo, Carnitas, and Birria de Res (like a spicy beef pot roast) are all top notch. The salsas are great too...watch out for the red one.

MattW
Union Depot

Postby MattW » May 15th, 2020, 9:44 am

twincitizen wrote:
May 14th, 2020, 8:51 am
Yep, that's been digging for a few months now. That'll be a nice improvement to that corner. The new(ish) paint job on Mercado Central looks really sharp too. Most importantly, best tacos in the city on the NE corner of Lake & Bloomington - Taqueria Las Cuatro Milpas. I've been going since last summer and their popularity was clearly growing prior to the shutdown. Actually, they seem to be doing quite well on takeout too, as there are lines most evenings. I believe they have a food truck at the carwash at Lyndale & 22nd as well, though I'm not sure how often it's out there. If you like authentic tacos, I give it my highest recommendation. Pollo, Carnitas, and Birria de Res (like a spicy beef pot roast) are all top notch. The salsas are great too...watch out for the red one.
The truck is there every day. Last night I biked over to check it out after seeing this post, very good.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » June 5th, 2020, 10:04 am

Moderator note: early discussion of the damage to Lake Street was moved/merged to the Hi-Lake/Downtown Longfellow topic: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3939&start=220#p155685

A dedicated topic was created for discussing George Floyd's murder, the resulting civil unrest, and ongoing response: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4589

Return to “Minneapolis - South, Southwest, and Uptown”