Boulevard trees

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
Multimodal
US Bank Plaza

Re: Boulevard trees

Postby Multimodal » May 28th, 2018, 5:58 am

Serviceberries certainly are hardy, beautiful small trees.

London Plane trees come up a lot in various urbanist readings as a valuable street tree.

mister.shoes
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mister.shoes » May 29th, 2018, 10:02 am

Our American Elm came down a few years ago and was replaced by a Kentucky Coffeetree. We've been using the watering bag provided for a while now, but the poor thing is just so sad-looking.
The problem with being an introvert online is that no one knows you're just hanging out and listening.

jtoemke
Landmark Center

Postby jtoemke » May 29th, 2018, 10:06 am

Serviceberries certainly are hardy, beautiful small trees.

London Plane trees come up a lot in various urbanist readings as a valuable street tree.
That's the kind they just planted in front of my buddy's rental. When he told me I thought he meant "plain" haha. Hope it grows fast. House looks sad now without its big tree out front.

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » May 29th, 2018, 10:37 am

I think it is interesting that the park board is trying out those London Planetree so much now...it is a Sycamore hybrid. You see a few Sycamore/London Planetree that are older scattered through the city, but they are pretty rare as Minneapolis is a far north reach for them. With the upping the Mississippi river valley from LaCrosse to a zone 5 classification a few years ago, it seems the park board has been experimenting more. They are great trees...but seem to have marginal success here, as we are very borderline zone 5. Hopefully we can get them established here!