Hiawatha-Minnehaha Ave Development & RR Corridor/Grain Elevators

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Hiawatha-Minnehaha Ave Development & RR Corridor/Grain Elevators

Postby HiawathaGuy » September 4th, 2018, 9:57 am

Hiawatha-Minnehaha Corridor.jpg
I think it's pretty exciting to think about all the new/proposed units from E 42nd to E 54th along Hiawatha & Minnehaha currently!
I created a map with yellow dots for the proposed units and blue for under construction units along the corridor. I came up with about 897 units, which is great to see, since the Blue and A Lines both run through here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » September 6th, 2018, 9:54 am

Nice map!

I didn't go to the meeting Tuesday night, so I don't know how it went (assume very poorly). LCC has scheduled another, much longer meeting for October 9:

An hour and 25 minutes for each project? Ouch. Their previous committee meeting on 9/4 dedicated just 20-25 minutes to each, which is probably on the short side for each NIMBY to "be heard". But this is just too much...I'll probably skip the first item (on Minnehaha & 46th, only 4 stories, great design...slam dunk) and attend for the second one near the falls (replacing Bridgemans/SomTaste restaurant building). Even though that site borders zero residences and doesn't even share an alley with anything other than the strip mall, I'm guessing lots of folks will oppose it simply out of fear of change, not wanting a 6-story building anywhere in the area, etc. That one probably needs the public support a little more.

mister.shoes
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mister.shoes » September 6th, 2018, 11:41 am

You should get some clarification on which one goes first. The images are swapped relative to the descriptions. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mod note: the image above was updated online, and is now correctly matched.
The problem with being an introvert online is that no one knows you're just hanging out and listening.

kdo5581
Block E

Postby kdo5581 » September 7th, 2018, 11:30 am

Does anyone know if these two need variances or CUPs?

NickP
Union Depot

Postby NickP » September 14th, 2018, 10:57 am

Here is a link to the plans of building shown in the upper image. http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/www/gro ... 214028.pdf

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » September 14th, 2018, 12:25 pm

Sure is, thanks!
I think it looks nice.
If this transitions the strip mall north of it to continue building up - even better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » October 4th, 2018, 9:17 am

Mod note: Discussion of Phase II of the Oppidan development (Cub Foods mixed use, now named 'Lowa46') has been moved to that thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4165&start=80

This thread can continue to be a catch-all for the other developments in the area.

That meeting next Tuesday is gonna be [fire_emoji 3x]

Return to “Minneapolis - South, Southwest, and Uptown”