Walgreens - (2650 Hennepin - Roat Osha/FirstTech)

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
bubzki2
US Bank Plaza

Re: Walgreens - (2650 Hennepin - Roat Osha/FirstTech)

Postby bubzki2 » May 2nd, 2017, 2:25 pm

I drove by this the other day, serious light pollution. It's actually lighting up the entire street corner it broadcasts so much light. Really out of place for so many reasons.

mnmike
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mnmike » May 2nd, 2017, 4:03 pm

I dunno...I went past this a couple times recently and actually thought it was an improvement to what was there, and looks more urban. Fills out the corner more, parking lot is less obvious, not a bad looking building. I mean it isn't winning any awards, but I think it actually makes the street feel more urban than it did with the previous building. Guess I am the only one? It really isn't that bad...

PS, yes, corner entrance would be better.

Chef
Landmark Center

Postby Chef » May 2nd, 2017, 4:54 pm

mnmike wrote:
May 2nd, 2017, 4:03 pm
I dunno...I went past this a couple times recently and actually thought it was an improvement to what was there, and looks more urban. Fills out the corner more, parking lot is less obvious, not a bad looking building. I mean it isn't winning any awards, but I think it actually makes the street feel more urban than it did with the previous building. Guess I am the only one? It really isn't that bad...

PS, yes, corner entrance would be better.
I feel the same way. I think people have a hard time forgiving this building for the fact that it isn't a five story mixed use midrise. I would have liked to have seen that too, but this is better than what was there.

clf
Metrodome

Postby clf » May 3rd, 2017, 12:21 pm

I was in the other day and was surprised the ceiling was the roof, gave it a warehouse feel. Seems like wasted space.

mplsjaromir
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mplsjaromir » May 3rd, 2017, 1:51 pm

According to a Duke University professor, that configuration is valid.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basket ... s-correct/

Return to “Minneapolis - South, Southwest, and Uptown”