Lowa46 - 46th & Hiawatha Cub Foods Mixed Use

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
minneboom
Nicollet Mall

Re: Lowa46 - 46th & Hiawatha Cub Foods Mixed Use

Postby minneboom » June 6th, 2019, 8:47 pm

And where is the Min Hi Line connection? With all the development happening in this area, including new public roads, the city have a much better grasp on the public space they want to create.

Qhaberl
US Bank Plaza

Postby Qhaberl » June 7th, 2019, 5:48 am

twincitizen wrote:
I get it, we're hardcore urbanists, but not every single building has to be multi-story and mixed use, especially when part of a larger vision that does include two apartment buildings and lots of other commercial space. Sure, it would be neat if they put a floor of office space above it, but adding apartments (there would be just a few units per floor) would likely not pencil out. And there's the overhead powerline.
Definitely true about the hard-core urbanist. I did not realize just how small the piece of land was. As long as the restaurant building faces 46, and comes directly up to the sidewalk, which according to the rendering it will, then I am happy.

Did phase 2 ever go before the planning commission? According to the postop thread, there was a meeting at the community level back in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mulad

Postby mulad » June 22nd, 2019, 8:01 pm

I saw a worker pulling cling film off of the windows up on the 4th floor above the 46th & Snelling Cub entrance this morning, so they're getting close to done with the apartments.

Return to “Minneapolis - South, Southwest, and Uptown”