Seward Neighborhood

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
exiled_antipodean
Landmark Center

Seward Neighborhood

Postby exiled_antipodean » December 28th, 2013, 3:32 am

From Cam Gordon's 2nd Ward Newsletter: "Hauenstein Burmeister Building. The Hauenstein Burmeister buildings at 2629 30th Ave S and 2608 30th Ave S have been demolished. The information I have received from City staff is that the owner of the property, Kraus Anderson, was unable to find an industrial tenant for the building and decided to raze it before winter. The parcel is zoned industrial, with the Industrial Living Overlay District which would allow housing to be built on this site without a rezoning. I will encourage the owner and any prospective developers to meet with the Seward Neighborhood Group before finalizing plans for the reuse of this property."

Would be great to see high density residential on this stretch of the Greenway.

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Re: Hauenstein Burmeister buildings (26xx 30th Ave S)

Postby min-chi-cbus » December 28th, 2013, 12:30 pm

Cool! It seems like there are two generally-accepted "vibrant" parts of Lake Street: the part in and around Uptown, from Lyn-Lake to Lake Calhoun, and the part East of Hiawatha. It's the middle between these points that I'm most interested in in terms of redevelopment and transformation, and I'd like to see much much more of something like Mercado Central or those Rainbow lofts for GLBT seniors.

It's great to see ANY transformation along the Greenway however, and it'll be interesting to see what they come up with here.

DFPegg
Metrodome

Somali Mall

Postby DFPegg » August 24th, 2017, 7:42 am

"A long-vacant industrial parcel in south Minneapolis may become the site of a new East African marketplace.

A City Council committee directed city staff Tuesday to conduct a feasibility study at the city-owned site, located at 2600 Minnehaha Av. The study will determine whether the city should solicit bids for a cooperative public market there."

http://www.startribune.com/city-leaders ... 441568973/

MinneapBliss
Metrodome

Re: Seward Neighborhood

Postby MinneapBliss » December 15th, 2023, 4:23 pm

Activity today at the old Perkins site:
PXL_20231215_200326374.jpg
"That rug really tied the room together, did it not?" -Walter Sobchak

MinneapBliss
Metrodome

Re: Seward Neighborhood

Postby MinneapBliss » January 31st, 2024, 5:04 pm

There's a tower crane up at Agra (the aforementioned old Perkins site). Very happy to see this project well underway. Not sure how updated this site is, but it's a nice-looking project: https://collagearchitects.com/agra
"That rug really tied the room together, did it not?" -Walter Sobchak