Buzza Lofts of Uptown

Calhoun-Isles, Cedar-Riverside, Longfellow, Nokomis, Phillips, Powderhorn, and Southwest
Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Re: BUZZA Lofts of Uptown

Postby Wedgeguy » November 2nd, 2012, 9:41 pm

With all of this development happening in the area, I'd be surprised if 29th wasn't redone sometime in 2013...well not that surprised.

It's not like it's that long of a stretch...we're talking Lyndale to Fremont, or Lyndale to Dupont (Rainbow) at the least.

I would not hold my breathe on that road being redone. If you did a traffic count at present you would find a very low count. Part of that is the lousy road, But alot because it is kind of a road to nowhere. There are really no real major traffic drivers along that route except for the deliveries at Rainbow. The fact that there is a one way between Fremont and Emereson does not help either. We can maybe start talking about it in 4 to 5 years.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 3rd, 2012, 4:36 pm

Walked by today on my way to Rainbow. Now that they have the seal coat on the parking area and the plants and the stripes are painted it looks pretty good. I also saw people who are appartently moving in this weekend.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » November 4th, 2012, 7:23 pm

The way this building is lit up at night is really cool. On the Lake Street side, the lights shine from the ground up to the cornice, showing you exactly how tall the building is. It definitely livens up that side of Lake Street, at least until you reach the CVS/Arbys/Rainbow/giant traffic island dumpiness.

Archiapolis
US Bank Plaza

Postby Archiapolis » November 7th, 2012, 11:21 am

The city has a plan for 29th that includes right of way improvements that required a pretty significant setback along the street frontage for the project at 29th and Lyndale. That project has the parking access off of the alley feeding into 29th. As the Buzza and 29th and Lyndale residents start to complain more and more, I think the timetable could move up on the improvements but I think the 4-5 year guess is, sadly, a good one. With all of the adjacent development (Track 29, the Bennett site, etc.) that road will see more traffic.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 7th, 2012, 11:48 am

The 3 blocks between Fremont and Colfax are the worst 3 block The block between Lyndale and Aldrich at this point is not that bad, but I see it getting damaged due to the 2900 construction with upgrading utilities. IF that is the case I see that block maybe being upgraded first with the rest waiting until the Rainbow block get upgraded.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » January 16th, 2013, 3:54 pm

Today they were taking down the chain link fence that runs along 29th St. Will have to wait to see what the put in its place.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » January 16th, 2013, 4:51 pm

Probably the same fence that's on Dupont. Black steel.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » January 16th, 2013, 5:36 pm

Probably the same fence that's on Dupont. Black steel.
I'm wondering how tall they will be??

buzz
City Center

Postby buzz » July 30th, 2013, 7:43 pm

With all of this development happening in the area, I'd be surprised if 29th wasn't redone sometime in 2013...well not that surprised.

It's not like it's that long of a stretch...we're talking Lyndale to Fremont, or Lyndale to Dupont (Rainbow) at the least.
I agree that is not that long of a stretch. While it definitely should be redone, what can be done to assure it will be?

mullen
Foshay Tower

Postby mullen » July 31st, 2013, 6:14 am

i think the city is putting this off until the surrounding construction slows and there isn't all the heavy equipment trucks, trailers, earth movers that would be using it.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » November 13th, 2013, 2:17 pm

Dominium is presenting apartment plans for the vacant portion of the site, currently a parking lot in a hole, tonight at the LHENA Z & P meeting. I think we all assumed this was going to happen judging by the hefty retaining wall they installed. They have a unique opportunity to connect to the greenway on it's southside. That is until they put a streetcar in front of their tunnel.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » November 13th, 2013, 3:35 pm

I actually did not assume this was going to happen. I thought it was much more pipedream status, for at least 5 years anyways, until there was much less open land remaining in Uptown. This is great news!! I'm sure the below grade portion will remain a parking garage, not open to the Greenway. In fantasy land, that would be super cool though if the parking level contained the workout facility and/or laundry room, for example, with windows looking out at the LRT tracks and bike trail in the Greenway trench.

mplser
US Bank Plaza

Re: Buzza Lofts of Uptown

Postby mplser » November 27th, 2013, 1:55 am

anyone know if there are site plans, etc available? usually they have these sorts of things online after meetings, right?

phop
Landmark Center

Postby phop » November 27th, 2013, 8:30 pm

The waiting list for the Buzza Lofts is at 500 according to this article.

http://finance-commerce.com/2013/11/gre ... s-service/

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 28th, 2013, 10:08 am

The biggest issue is can they do new construction and keep a similar price point as the existing building. If they can it will be a fast done deal.

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 30th, 2013, 2:12 pm

I picked up a copy of the Uptown Neighborhood News today and there is an article and picture in it of the new Buzza addition. Sounds like BKV will be the architects and it will of course be 6 stories with a planned 130 units. They are calling these upscale units so we can expect $2 up a Square foot rent for these. The pic shows Cream colored brick with gray and orange, (FAKE WOOD), accents. Sixth floor is setback for penthouses and the building will be a large L layout.

seanrichardryan
IDS Center

Postby seanrichardryan » November 30th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » November 30th, 2013, 2:23 pm

TheUrbanGopher
Nicollet Mall

Postby TheUrbanGopher » November 30th, 2013, 6:24 pm

I dont think this was the block to build a large structure, and I am glad to see it will be something other than a very underutilized parking lot... but when does the city get tired of the 6-story uniformity? It would sure be nice to see somebody develop ANYTHING with 8+ stories in this area to match or exceed Mozaic height.

Silophant

Postby Silophant » November 30th, 2013, 6:54 pm

but when does the city get tired of the 6-story uniformity?
Insofar as I speak for the city, about four student apartment buildings ago.
Joey Senkyr
[email protected]