Capella Tower

Re: Saint Paul - General Topic(s)

Postby Nathan » February 1st, 2013, 7:51 am

Totally intrigued.

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mamundsen » February 1st, 2013, 1:20 pm

These are installed already. Drive by and you'll see them between and on top of the building (?)... I think. For sure between the building.

Nick
Capella Tower

Saint Paul - General Topics

Postby Nick » February 9th, 2013, 12:15 pm

Copycats.

http://www.startribune.com/local/stpaul/190510501.html
Water line break floods downtown St. Paul streets

An underground water line ruptured early Saturday in downtown St. Paul, flooding several city blocks and temporarily causing a widespread drop in water pressure, officials said.

Rick Larkin, the city's director of emergency management, said there was "significant street damage" after the 20-inch main broke around 12:30 a.m., sending thousands of gallons of icy water rushing through eight to 10 square blocks. It wasn't immediately clear what caused the leak, Larkin said.
Alright, here's the St. Paul project map. Please feel free to add/edit to your pleasing, anyone can. All I did was put links to threads in the bubbles. I'm going to do a lot of St. Paul work in general tomorrow in addition to the picture run. I actually feel kind of bad about it after going through and seeing how barebones a lot of it is.

Link to map

Nick Magrino
[email protected]

Suburban Outcast
Landmark Center

Postby Suburban Outcast » February 9th, 2013, 2:19 pm

They don't call them Twin Cities for nothing :lol:

Scott Wood
Metrodome

Postby Scott Wood » February 9th, 2013, 3:49 pm

A map of the area under a boil water notice can be found at http://mn-stpaul.civicplus.com/Document ... View/62926.
More information at http://www.stpaul.gov/index.aspx?nid=75.

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » April 1st, 2013, 6:55 pm

Rico
City Center

old Eisenberg's location in Lowertown

Postby Rico » April 28th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Does anyone know if it's true that the Liquor Vault is moving into the old Eisenberg's location? Saw this on St. Paul's permit page indicating so... https://www.stpaulonestop.com/AMANDA5/e ... RSN=231744

Rico
City Center

Re: old Eisenberg's location in Lowertown

Postby Rico » May 4th, 2013, 6:07 pm

I stopped in the other day to the Liquor Vault and the gentleman at the register did confirm their planned move to the Eisenberg's location in June or July. I asked if their selection would change and he indicated they would carry a few more wine varietals and things like cheese.

I wonder if there is any hope they'd change their name to something a little more charming...

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » June 16th, 2013, 10:36 am

If someone wants to spend some time throwing all the current projects on a map, I'd probably have time in the next couple weekends to do a picture run through St. Paul.
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » July 1st, 2013, 10:35 pm

Bike's out of the shop, and I'm going to do a St. Paul picture run/ride this Thursday. If no one wants to put together a map, I can do it Wednesday night, but it'd be nice if someone a little more knowledgeable about St. Paul did it.
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

mulad

Postby mulad » July 2nd, 2013, 8:08 am

There's a new Advance Auto Parts going in on Rice Street!

Yeah, I'm not so great at keeping track of Saint Paul stuff, despite living there.

Snelbian
Rice Park

Postby Snelbian » July 2nd, 2013, 9:11 am

That's great news. Saint Paul needs more auto part stores. Oh, and car lots. [/sarcasm] Where on Rice? It'll be interesting to see what effects the new restrictions on University have on adjacent streets.
Last edited by Snelbian on July 3rd, 2013, 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

mulad

Postby mulad » July 2nd, 2013, 12:11 pm

Here, at Rice Street & Jessamine Ave. It looks like the site of an old Burger King which (according to Google Streetview) had most recently been a clinic. I suppose we can hope that the floor area ratio and lot coverage might be better than what had been there (I think the parcel extends to the approximate location of those concrete bumpers to the north).

bptenor
Nicollet Mall

Re: St. Paul Project Map

Postby bptenor » July 3rd, 2013, 7:06 pm

I don't know how to actually edit the map, but a few other potential photo sites:
1. Hamm's Brewery (Minnehaha between Payne Ave and Arcade St): ongoing conversion by Urban Organics, and future site of Flat Earth Brewing.
2. Victoria Park (W 7th at Otto): I believe construction of the apartment buildings started here a while ago.
3. Pioneer-Endicott (Robert and 4th St): most activity is inside the building, but there's activity you can see just walking through the skyway
4. 1000 W University (at Chatsworth): there's a complete conversion going on here, although I don't know if any tenants are lined up.
5. Lafayette Bridge: not sure if there's anything new to see here, but you might as well if you're at the Saints site.
**not everything is exciting, but it's still "stuff" and hopefully this helps

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » July 3rd, 2013, 7:14 pm

Snelbian
Rice Park

Postby Snelbian » July 8th, 2013, 12:05 pm

Catching myself up on early notification emails I've been neglecting, it looks like Beacon Interfaith Housing Collaborative is asking the city for $1.1 million in assistance to build a 5-story, 44-unit housing development at 1949 University Ave for homeless youths 18-25. And the empty Midway Chevrolet at 1389 University is being rebranded as Midway Corners. The city planning commission has a (terrible, lazy) site plan from Mid-America Real Estate. 1-story retail, across the street from the mixed-use development going in, half the area devoted to surface parking, a block or less from the Hamline Green Line stop.

Avian
Union Depot

Postby Avian » July 9th, 2013, 12:08 pm

Nice mention of UrbanMSP in a Strib article about development in St. Paul:

http://www.startribune.com/local/yourvo ... 61931.html

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something.”
― Plato

Nick
Capella Tower

Postby Nick » July 9th, 2013, 4:58 pm

From the comments:
There is definitely a lot more development in St. Paul than what UrbanMSP shows. I used to post frequently on there but stopped long ago. Too much snobbery from the pro-Minneapolis crowd towards St. Paul.
I miss spectre000 :(.
Nick Magrino
[email protected]

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » July 10th, 2013, 8:31 am

Same here. His/her updates were great even if the threads weren't always white hot with activity from others.

What was the snobbery? Critique of SPUD, Lawson Commons, Saints stadium?

I'm of the Nate Hood pro-St. Paul variety. I think St. Paul ought to differentiate itself from Minneapolis, and they will have better results with less public investment.