2700 University Avenue Development

The Most Livable City in America™
phop
Landmark Center

Re: 2700 University Avenue Development

Postby phop » August 3rd, 2018, 6:12 pm

Not in this building, but somewhat relevant is that the Dunn Bros. in the adjacent Metro Lofts building — which has been there for at least a decade and is adjacent to the green line station — just closed. So that leaves two empty retail bays in Metro Lofts. Hodges Bend is going to need some good luck.
Eh, I dunno. The appeal of this location for walk-up business is only going to increase as the Prospect Park station area and Weyerhaueser properties (among others) fill in with hundreds of housing units over the few few years. It will probably do fine.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » August 3rd, 2018, 8:05 pm

I'm sure it will, just interesting since there are although tons of housing units within like two blocks of here. I'd like to see Hodges Bend make it.

ionizer
Block E

Postby ionizer » August 6th, 2018, 6:51 pm

My wife got a coffee in that Dunn Bros. the day they closed, and they said it was turning into a smoothie store.

ProspectPete
Union Depot

Postby ProspectPete » August 6th, 2018, 9:10 pm

That particular Dunn Bros was the only game in town but they were never open past 6pm. If they had been, maybe they´d still be in business?

MNdible
is great.

Postby MNdible » August 7th, 2018, 9:00 am

Coffee stores are typically going to make all of their profit for the entire day before 10am -- which is why the Snelling Starbucks has been willing to go to such absurd lengths to accommodate the morning commute with their drive thru.