Raymond Station area developments

The Most Livable City in America™
Anondson
IDS Center

Raymond Station area developments

Postby Anondson » February 15th, 2019, 8:57 pm

The Raymond and University area has had a strong attraction to redevelopment projects and proposals. I’m certain more will be coming. I felt it worth getting a thread for them.

Starting with a proposal for 120+ rentals in a mixed use proposal at 2250 University.

https://finance-commerce.com/2019/02/ra ... n-st-paul/

Qhaberl
Foshay Tower

Re: Raymond Station area developments

Postby Qhaberl » February 15th, 2019, 9:45 pm

My only worry about the Devolopments in this area is the smell. I go over to state services for the blind about a block away. Its not horrible, you would get used to it if you live there, but I am concerned about any health impacts from breathing it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

karen nelson
Nicollet Mall

Postby karen nelson » February 18th, 2019, 5:39 pm

It's unfortunate that the first two floors of this will be parking. It's almost more like a parking ramp with wrapped by some housing and some retail - hopefully they can repurpose those parking levels in future.

I guess they had underground pollution issues so underground parking wasn't going to work.

Overall good mixed use, variety of unit sizes, density is good thing.

It will be interesting to see how much parking these apartments in the area need. The underground parking at nearby Prospect Park station apartments, Fresh Thyme grocery store seems pretty under-utilized - like I've never seen it more than half full. But my condos near Westgate Station seem to use all of the underground parking and also people parking up interior private surface spots.

COLSLAW5
City Center

Postby COLSLAW5 » February 19th, 2019, 7:29 am

karen nelson wrote:
February 18th, 2019, 5:39 pm
It will be interesting to see how much parking these apartments in the area need. The underground parking at nearby Prospect Park station apartments, Fresh Thyme grocery store seems pretty under-utilized - like I've never seen it more than half full. But my condos near Westgate Station seem to use all of the underground parking and also people parking up interior private surface spots.
The parking you see at Fresh Thyme in the Link are for the retail spaces in that building. The apartment parking is actually full its just separated out from that general parking.

karen nelson
Nicollet Mall

Postby karen nelson » February 19th, 2019, 4:11 pm

So the entire underground parking area is for retail?

Because I see open spots all the time closer to the apartment entrances, also.

More open spots in retail area tho.

COLSLAW5
City Center

Postby COLSLAW5 » February 20th, 2019, 7:46 am

There is another garage door under there that leads to the apt parking. I think it goes down another level bellow that as well for residences.

I agree with you tho I think there are and will be a lot of people in the area that can just walk to the retail in those areas.

Minnehahaha
Nicollet Mall

Postby Minnehahaha » February 24th, 2019, 9:17 pm

It looks like Exeter Group (developer of C&E Lofts, Custom House and Cobalt) bought the SOS Office Furniture building at 2441 University last June. This will definitely be a property to keep an eye on!

alexschief
Rice Park

Postby alexschief » February 26th, 2019, 8:46 am

Baffled that nobody has bought out the Twin Cities Reptiles/Fire and Ice Ministries building yet.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » February 26th, 2019, 9:25 pm

There are some wild reptiles in that place. No pun intended.

karen nelson
Nicollet Mall

Postby karen nelson » March 13th, 2019, 3:36 pm

Creative enterprise zone is doing a mural festival in Sept - if you know of any blank walls in the Raymond/Univeristy area that would make a good mural canvas, know a building owner etc, let them know.

https://creativeenterprisezone.org/chroma-zone

alexschief
Rice Park

Postby alexschief » December 4th, 2019, 8:54 am

Anondson wrote:
February 15th, 2019, 8:57 pm
The Raymond and University area has had a strong attraction to redevelopment projects and proposals. I’m certain more will be coming. I felt it worth getting a thread for them.

Starting with a proposal for 120+ rentals in a mixed use proposal at 2250 University.

https://finance-commerce.com/2019/02/ra ... n-st-paul/
This is now under construction.

Return to “Saint Paul”