TPT / Twin Cities PBS

The Most Livable City in America™
Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Re: TPT / Twin Cities PBS

Postby Wedgeguy » October 12th, 2015, 4:07 pm

Will give them an excuse to ask for funds to remodel again in a few years when technology switch out yet again.

FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Postby FISHMANPET » October 12th, 2015, 4:08 pm

They seemed to like the openness so maybe it works for them.

I don't know, I'm kind of paranoid of office layouts where someone casually walking by can see my screen, since I've been chided for spending too much time on Facebook or Youtube by someone who would occasionally walk by and who I talked to like once (he was my boss' boss). It's like, I'm salaried, if you've got a problem with the amount of work I do, then talk to me, but don't micromanage my time like that.

But yeah lol this is "future proof."

at40man
Rice Park

Postby at40man » October 22nd, 2015, 3:33 pm

They seemed to like the openness so maybe it works for them.

I don't know, I'm kind of paranoid of office layouts where someone casually walking by can see my screen, since I've been chided for spending too much time on Facebook or Youtube by someone who would occasionally walk by and who I talked to like once (he was my boss' boss). It's like, I'm salaried, if you've got a problem with the amount of work I do, then talk to me, but don't micromanage my time like that.

But yeah lol this is "future proof."
I work in an open-concept office. I would go crazy if I didn't have a 3M privacy screen. Definitely worth a purchase if you are in a "high-traffic" area... or just don't like people looking over your shoulder in general.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/e ... m_content=

mulad

Postby mulad » December 14th, 2015, 8:42 am

I don't know if this will have much of an impact on the building, but TPT is receiving a $37.8 million grant to fund a 40-episode animated series for kids. It's tentatively called "Superhero School".

http://www.startribune.com/tpt-wins-sup ... 361741931/

Wedgeguy
Capella Tower

Postby Wedgeguy » December 14th, 2015, 9:01 am

I don't know if this will have much of an impact on the building, but TPT is receiving a $37.8 million grant to fund a 40-episode animated series for kids. It's tentatively called "Superhero School".

http://www.startribune.com/tpt-wins-sup ... 361741931/
The impact is a hopefully good portion of those millions will be spent at restaurants and businesses in the St. Paul area by the workers of this project. That in itself would be a big plus for the dollar turn over, multiplier effect, to keep the economy in DT/lowertown growing.