Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Twin Cities Suburbs
hoffm83n
City Center

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby hoffm83n » March 10th, 2019, 7:06 pm

Didier wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 6:46 pm
I was going to say, what is the plan for AMC parking? Basically that whole parking lot is eliminated. Of course, that lot was always really poorly circulated, but seems like they'd need a new ramp or something.
if you look at the pdf east parking would have 4 levels with 1300 spots

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mamundsen » March 10th, 2019, 9:50 pm

hoffm83n wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 7:06 pm
Didier wrote:
I was going to say, what is the plan for AMC parking? Basically that whole parking lot is eliminated. Of course, that lot was always really poorly circulated, but seems like they'd need a new ramp or something.
The West Parking says 4 levels too. That’s currently 2 levels. Would they really demolish that whole side? I wonder how they would make this look from 36? I hope better than the MOA Ramps along 77. I always think that was a bad plan.

Multimodal
US Bank Plaza

Postby Multimodal » March 10th, 2019, 10:43 pm

Anondson wrote:Here's a screen grab of the proposal.
ImageIMG_0066 by Eric Anondson, on Flickr
I'm impressed. When JCP goes, I could see a similar redesign for that quarter. What I like is how they are bringing almost a grid-like pedestrian street right through the block.
Huh. Who’d a thunk that people would want to live in dense housing next to a dense retail concentration.

It’s almost like it’s a “main” street or something.

hoffm83n
City Center

Postby hoffm83n » March 11th, 2019, 7:29 am

mamundsen wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 9:50 pm
hoffm83n wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 7:06 pm
Didier wrote:
The West Parking says 4 levels too. That’s currently 2 levels. Would they really demolish that whole side? I wonder how they would make this look from 36? I hope better than the MOA Ramps along 77. I always think that was a bad plan.
looks like the new levels would be underground since there are only elevation markers on the sporting goods store. the top of the current west ramp is at grade with 36. page 6 is the view looking east where there is elevation change so the only change on that side from 36 would be the retail fronting the parking garage to the east facing the boulavard.

Anondson
Capella Tower

Postby Anondson » March 11th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Developers are really grasping that residential and modern American grocery stores really go well together. And they seem to giving a big space for a grocery here. Placing modern American grocery stores adjacent or under residential is a major trip reducer. Placing all that on a high frequency transit line is even better.

Didier
Capella Tower

Postby Didier » March 11th, 2019, 6:27 pm

Personally I'd much rather they put in a Real Canadian Superstore than an American grocery store. American groceries generally don't have ketchup chips.

seanrichardryan
Capella Tower

Postby seanrichardryan » March 11th, 2019, 9:52 pm

Ketchup chips are available on amazon- for those that partake.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

phop
Nicollet Mall

Postby phop » March 11th, 2019, 10:07 pm

Could we finally get a pedestrian bridge over 36?

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » March 11th, 2019, 11:01 pm

Ped bridge over 36 is a must, unless MnDOT is going to replace the full 36/51 cloverleaf with something else. 36 remains a full freeway in any scenario, but Snelling shouldn’t be. Surely they could come up with something that moves traffic nearly as efficiently and frees up some real estate, while adding ped/bike access to Snelling between B and B2.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » March 14th, 2019, 9:37 am

Plan for a phase 2 with air-rights development over 36 towards the Rosedale Tower and those older apartment complexes? Bonus: MnDOT rebuilds the cloverleaf as a tight SPUI or similar which creates surplus land for redevelopment on the corners.

Anondson
Capella Tower

Postby Anondson » May 18th, 2019, 1:13 pm

Reuter Walton proposing to turn another Roseville truck terminal into apartments, medical office, and an immense amount of parking.

https://finance-commerce.com/2019/05/an ... velopment/

This wider redeveloped neighborhood in Roseville between 35W and Fairview, north of County C, is about as near Downtown Minneapolis as Wooddale and 36th in Saint Louis Park.

It just made me think how a few trails gaps could get filled and make a reasonable ebike commute. Between Cleveland and Walnut is one low hanging fruit that could be filled in. Then the right zigzag through Marcy Holmes to Hennepin, 3rd/Central, or Stone Arch bridge.

seanrichardryan
Capella Tower

Postby seanrichardryan » May 19th, 2019, 6:33 pm

Minneapolis is making some key bike/ ped connections to the area via Industrial Blvd next year.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

Return to “Suburbs”