Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Twin Cities Suburbs
hoffm83n
City Center
Posts: 47
Joined: April 22nd, 2013, 3:19 pm

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby hoffm83n » March 10th, 2019, 7:06 pm

Didier wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 6:46 pm
I was going to say, what is the plan for AMC parking? Basically that whole parking lot is eliminated. Of course, that lot was always really poorly circulated, but seems like they'd need a new ramp or something.
if you look at the pdf east parking would have 4 levels with 1300 spots

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 1085
Joined: November 15th, 2012, 10:01 am

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby mamundsen » March 10th, 2019, 9:50 pm

hoffm83n wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 7:06 pm
Didier wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 6:46 pm
I was going to say, what is the plan for AMC parking? Basically that whole parking lot is eliminated. Of course, that lot was always really poorly circulated, but seems like they'd need a new ramp or something.
if you look at the pdf east parking would have 4 levels with 1300 spots
The West Parking says 4 levels too. That’s currently 2 levels. Would they really demolish that whole side? I wonder how they would make this look from 36? I hope better than the MOA Ramps along 77. I always think that was a bad plan.

Multimodal
US Bank Plaza
Posts: 660
Joined: March 4th, 2016, 7:55 am
Location: Oh, no, the burbs!

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby Multimodal » March 10th, 2019, 10:43 pm

Anondson wrote:Here's a screen grab of the proposal.
ImageIMG_0066 by Eric Anondson, on Flickr
I'm impressed. When JCP goes, I could see a similar redesign for that quarter. What I like is how they are bringing almost a grid-like pedestrian street right through the block.
Huh. Who’d a thunk that people would want to live in dense housing next to a dense retail concentration.

It’s almost like it’s a “main” street or something.

hoffm83n
City Center
Posts: 47
Joined: April 22nd, 2013, 3:19 pm

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby hoffm83n » March 11th, 2019, 7:29 am

mamundsen wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 9:50 pm
hoffm83n wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 7:06 pm
Didier wrote:
March 10th, 2019, 6:46 pm
I was going to say, what is the plan for AMC parking? Basically that whole parking lot is eliminated. Of course, that lot was always really poorly circulated, but seems like they'd need a new ramp or something.
if you look at the pdf east parking would have 4 levels with 1300 spots
The West Parking says 4 levels too. That’s currently 2 levels. Would they really demolish that whole side? I wonder how they would make this look from 36? I hope better than the MOA Ramps along 77. I always think that was a bad plan.
looks like the new levels would be underground since there are only elevation markers on the sporting goods store. the top of the current west ramp is at grade with 36. page 6 is the view looking east where there is elevation change so the only change on that side from 36 would be the retail fronting the parking garage to the east facing the boulavard.

User avatar
Anondson
Capella Tower
Posts: 3972
Joined: July 21st, 2013, 8:57 pm
Location: Where West Minneapolis Once Was

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby Anondson » March 11th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Developers are really grasping that residential and modern American grocery stores really go well together. And they seem to giving a big space for a grocery here. Placing modern American grocery stores adjacent or under residential is a major trip reducer. Placing all that on a high frequency transit line is even better.

Didier
Capella Tower
Posts: 2418
Joined: June 3rd, 2012, 10:11 am
Location: MSP

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby Didier » March 11th, 2019, 6:27 pm

Personally I'd much rather they put in a Real Canadian Superstore than an American grocery store. American groceries generally don't have ketchup chips.

seanrichardryan
Capella Tower
Posts: 3922
Joined: June 3rd, 2012, 9:33 pm
Location: Merriam Park, St. Paul
Contact:

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby seanrichardryan » March 11th, 2019, 9:52 pm

Ketchup chips are available on amazon- for those that partake.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

phop
Nicollet Mall
Posts: 164
Joined: May 28th, 2013, 8:58 pm
Location: Minneapolis

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby phop » March 11th, 2019, 10:07 pm

Could we finally get a pedestrian bridge over 36?

twincitizen
Moderator
Posts: 6177
Joined: May 31st, 2012, 7:27 pm
Location: Standish-Ericsson

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby twincitizen » March 11th, 2019, 11:01 pm

Ped bridge over 36 is a must, unless MnDOT is going to replace the full 36/51 cloverleaf with something else. 36 remains a full freeway in any scenario, but Snelling shouldn’t be. Surely they could come up with something that moves traffic nearly as efficiently and frees up some real estate, while adding ped/bike access to Snelling between B and B2.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge
Posts: 7892
Joined: June 19th, 2012, 2:04 pm
Location: NORI: NOrth of RIchfield

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby mattaudio » March 14th, 2019, 9:37 am

Plan for a phase 2 with air-rights development over 36 towards the Rosedale Tower and those older apartment complexes? Bonus: MnDOT rebuilds the cloverleaf as a tight SPUI or similar which creates surplus land for redevelopment on the corners.

User avatar
Anondson
Capella Tower
Posts: 3972
Joined: July 21st, 2013, 8:57 pm
Location: Where West Minneapolis Once Was

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby Anondson » May 18th, 2019, 1:13 pm

Reuter Walton proposing to turn another Roseville truck terminal into apartments, medical office, and an immense amount of parking.

https://finance-commerce.com/2019/05/an ... velopment/

This wider redeveloped neighborhood in Roseville between 35W and Fairview, north of County C, is about as near Downtown Minneapolis as Wooddale and 36th in Saint Louis Park.

It just made me think how a few trails gaps could get filled and make a reasonable ebike commute. Between Cleveland and Walnut is one low hanging fruit that could be filled in. Then the right zigzag through Marcy Holmes to Hennepin, 3rd/Central, or Stone Arch bridge.

seanrichardryan
Capella Tower
Posts: 3922
Joined: June 3rd, 2012, 9:33 pm
Location: Merriam Park, St. Paul
Contact:

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby seanrichardryan » May 19th, 2019, 6:33 pm

Minneapolis is making some key bike/ ped connections to the area via Industrial Blvd next year.
Q. What, what? A. In da butt.

pannierpacker
Metrodome
Posts: 56
Joined: July 16th, 2013, 6:25 pm

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby pannierpacker » June 16th, 2019, 10:35 pm

Anondson wrote:
May 18th, 2019, 1:13 pm
Reuter Walton proposing to turn another Roseville truck terminal into apartments, medical office, and an immense amount of parking.

https://finance-commerce.com/2019/05/an ... velopment/

This wider redeveloped neighborhood in Roseville between 35W and Fairview, north of County C, is about as near Downtown Minneapolis as Wooddale and 36th in Saint Louis Park.

It just made me think how a few trails gaps could get filled and make a reasonable ebike commute. Between Cleveland and Walnut is one low hanging fruit that could be filled in. Then the right zigzag through Marcy Holmes to Hennepin, 3rd/Central, or Stone Arch bridge.
Interesting choice for a location. A number of businesses refer to that area as the "Roseville Design District". A tile shop, fireplace shop, and a number of other home furnishing stores exist on that strip of Fairview between C and Twin Lakes Parkway. This would be the first market rate apartment complex in Roseville in the last 25 years. I'm surprised this area is getting attention as there are places with much better transit access and businesses that would orient towards residents/pedestrians nearby. Why not over by Har Mar?

As far as the trail gaps go, the one you are talking about is getting filled in very soon:
https://www.ramseycounty.us/residents/r ... nstruction

BBMplsMN
Nicollet Mall
Posts: 138
Joined: August 21st, 2015, 3:09 pm

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby BBMplsMN » July 9th, 2019, 10:40 am

Revolution Food Hall at Rosedale closed after 8 months, according to the Star Tribune. It'll be replaced with "a new concept featuring local vendors and a new experience."

mamundsen
Wells Fargo Center
Posts: 1085
Joined: November 15th, 2012, 10:01 am

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby mamundsen » July 9th, 2019, 11:14 am

BBMplsMN wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 10:40 am
Revolution Food Hall at Rosedale closed after 8 months, according to the Star Tribune. It'll be replaced with "a new concept featuring local vendors and a new experience."
I liked the concept the 2x that I went... the problem was the execution. SLOW service and lack of any sort of connection to the vendors. Also I was amazed by the lack of actual options in such a large venue. Each vendor had what felt like a small menu. We ended up buying 4 things from 4 vendors... and none of them, including the "full service" bar, could offer anything to drink for my young kids. Only pop (which we don't give the kids), beer, and wine.

luigipaladio
Metrodome
Posts: 63
Joined: May 14th, 2019, 1:56 pm

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby luigipaladio » July 9th, 2019, 11:29 am

It strikes me that mall owners and managers are really at a loss for what to do with their properties these days, which is understandable given the rapid rate of change in the marketplace. We don’t really need a pile of destination shopping centers. Even the Mall of America looks a bit worn and toothless, with a surprising number of vacant shops and the hole left by Sears. MOA appears to be set on a course of changing into an entertainment and “experience” mall, which may have a chance, but it is not a formula likely to make the rest of our malls fly.. Rosedale’s failed attempt at a food hall is not surprising. It’s an odd concept for a mall, where the worn out food court image has a tendency to cling to any new efforts.

QuietBlue
Rice Park
Posts: 488
Joined: September 14th, 2012, 8:50 am

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby QuietBlue » July 9th, 2019, 11:53 am

I haven't been to Rosedale in a while (thanks to the slobs that got the indoor dog walking canceled), but if I did, I'd just hit up Portillo's anyway.

Multimodal
US Bank Plaza
Posts: 660
Joined: March 4th, 2016, 7:55 am
Location: Oh, no, the burbs!

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby Multimodal » August 8th, 2019, 5:23 am

I’ve never been to Revolution Food Hall, but looking at the company behind it, it seems that it was all run by the same company, with some consultants creating different types of restaurants/cafes. No separate ownership to give each place some flair & individuality. It was doomed from Day 1.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge
Posts: 7892
Joined: June 19th, 2012, 2:04 pm
Location: NORI: NOrth of RIchfield

Re: Roseville / Rosedale - General Topics

Postby mattaudio » August 15th, 2019, 7:33 am

Sounds like those food hall concepts going into large hub airport terminals around the country.


Return to “Suburbs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest