Bloomington Central Station & South Loop Development

Twin Cities Suburbs
MNdible
is great.

Re: Bloomington Central Station & South Loop Development

Postby MNdible » April 6th, 2018, 11:44 am

Not to be that guy, but Southtown is not part of the South Loop, right?

Anondson
Capella Tower

Postby Anondson » April 6th, 2018, 11:53 am

It isn’t. Southtown is the shopping strip south of 494 between Penn and 35W. Orange line will run by it.

Southloop is the southern end of the Blue Line.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » May 8th, 2018, 2:58 pm

Another hotel proposed near MOA, filling that block. I guess building a grocery store on that corner (as was originally discussed) was a bit ambitious.

Mall of America-area hotel developer plans another, with a Westin flag
*LOCKED*

A developer who is familiar with the area just east of Mall of America is gearing up for his third hotel project in a one-block stretch.

Park City, Utah-based Terratron is planning to build a seven-story, 126-room Element by Westin at the corner of 24th Avenue South and 82nd Street East, said David Peters, president of Terratron.

That’s just south of where Peters opened an AC Hotel by Marriott in early 2017 and also built a restaurant that is leased by Hazelwood Food + Drink. A 326-stall parking ramp can handle the capacity for all three buildings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mulad

Postby mulad » June 1st, 2018, 10:55 am

The block bounded by 24th Ave, American Blvd, 28th Ave, and Lindau Ln has had the four warehouse/office buildings on it demolished. Anyone know what the plans are for that block? I took a peek through this thread but couldn't associate anything with that area. I see that part of American Blvd was blocked off today/recently (I'm not sure if it's been that way for a while or not -- I usually take the 54 bus which turns a block away at 30th Ave).

Edit: I found this --

https://www.bloomingtonmn.gov/eng/alpha ... on-project

I guess it might just be demolition without any other plans yet

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » July 12th, 2018, 10:31 am

HiawathaGuy wrote:
May 8th, 2018, 2:58 pm
Another hotel proposed near MOA, filling that block. I guess building a grocery store on that corner (as was originally discussed) was a bit ambitious.

Mall of America-area hotel developer plans another, with a Westin flag
*LOCKED*

A developer who is familiar with the area just east of Mall of America is gearing up for his third hotel project in a one-block stretch.

Park City, Utah-based Terratron is planning to build a seven-story, 126-room Element by Westin at the corner of 24th Avenue South and 82nd Street East, said David Peters, president of Terratron.

That’s just south of where Peters opened an AC Hotel by Marriott in early 2017 and also built a restaurant that is leased by Hazelwood Food + Drink. A 326-stall parking ramp can handle the capacity for all three buildings.
Looks like the room count has increased to 144, nearing approval as an Element by Westin.
Extended-stay hotel nears approval in Bloomington

mulad

Postby mulad » August 1st, 2018, 6:33 am

There's been some construction activity in the overflow lot south of the Embassy Suites on the northeast corner of American Boulevard and 34th Ave. I suppose they might just be paving it, though it would be nice if there was a new building going in to make better use of the LRT station there...

The demolition project south of American Boulevard and west of 28th Ave appears to be close to wrapping up. They've been putting down new topsoil recently. It had been dumped in huge piles in the empty lot on the other side of 28th, which made me think there was something else going on for a while.

Has anyone heard anything new about what might happen southeast of American and 30th? Since the new parking structure was built just south of the light rail tracks on 30th, the surface lot's usage has dropped a huge amount.

mulad

Postby mulad » September 13th, 2018, 11:08 am

Looks like the area I mentioned on the southeast corner of American Blvd and 28th Ave (8001 28th Ave S) is a Ceres / Orlean project to build a Cambria hotel with 170 rooms. It may have been mentioned in the F&C article above, but I don't have a subscription to check. The Hennepin County Property Map shows "Ceres Development LLC" as the property owner. There's been continued activity on the site, with a fence up with a banner wrapped around it. The project had required the northbound side of 28th Ave to be ripped up (utility work?) for a while recently.

https://rebusinessonline.com/ceres-orle ... minnesota/

Return to “Suburbs”