Robbinsdale, Crystal & New Hope – General Topics

Twin Cities Suburbs
at40man
Rice Park

Tour of Fabulous Robbinsdale (Pt. 2)

Postby at40man » January 30th, 2018, 1:33 pm

This funny satirical video on YouTube about the ineptness of the Robbinsdale city government has been going viral. I think plenty of people here would get a kick out of it, too.

MPR: Speak no ill of Robbinsdale, employee learns
Thoughts and prayers are with the city officials of Robbinsdale, who got their feelings hurt.

Star Tribune: Satirical Robbinsdale tourism video costs student his seasonal job
Tony Langfellow's "Tour of Fabulous Robbinsdale" wasn't funny to city officials.

Sun Post: Robbinsdale college student’s video leaves him without city job
The video takes viewers on a sardonic “tour” of the town, with unflattering images and clips curated specifically to make the statement Langfellow said he had hoped to make: that the town, which brands itself as historic, has “lost some of the history” it once had.

And tweeted by Bill Lindeke: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ete4HZ3yE8

Gotta love a truthy satirical video that goes viral and stirs the pot! :lol:

Anondson
Capella Tower

Re: Robbinsdale, Crystal & New Hope – General Topics

Postby Anondson » February 27th, 2018, 9:06 am

Hy Vee has sparked development hopes.

http://www.startribune.com/new-energy-b ... 475226713/

at40man
Rice Park

Postby at40man » February 27th, 2018, 5:05 pm

Once the Robbinsdale store opens, it will undoubtedly hemorrhage customers from New Hope -- or vice versa. The stores are only 3 miles apart. Not only that, but the Cub Foods right in between them is getting a serious upgrade. That's too many large stores in a small trade area.

I suspect history is going to repeat itself...
27500909_10211125797205555_7948669661616517016_o.jpg
(Also interesting how the article notes the success of the Terrace Theatre!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Anondson
Capella Tower

Postby Anondson » July 19th, 2018, 9:17 pm

The American Legion site at the south side of Robbinsdale has 194 market rate apartments proposed. 36th and Broadway area.

https://finance-commerce.com/2018/07/ap ... bbinsdale/

twincitizen

Postby twincitizen » July 25th, 2018, 9:49 pm

Quasi-related: did anyone ever ask or hear why there's no Blue Line Station planned at 34th-36th-ish? Seems like an obvious stop for the hospital area. The >2 mile gap between Golden Valley Road and Downtown Robbinsdale/42nd Ave is so big it actually violates Met Council's own stop spacing standards. It was weird to me how the idea of a station here never really came up at all in the planning process...like not even conceptually.

Bakken2016
Union Depot

Postby Bakken2016 » July 26th, 2018, 7:18 am

twincitizen wrote:
July 25th, 2018, 9:49 pm
Quasi-related: did anyone ever ask or hear why there's no Blue Line Station planned at 34th-36th-ish? Seems like an obvious stop for the hospital area. The >2 mile gap between Golden Valley Road and Downtown Robbinsdale/42nd Ave is so big it actually violates Met Council's own stop spacing standards. It was weird to me how the idea of a station here never really came up at all in the planning process...like not even conceptually.
Based off the Alternative Analysis, there would have been a station serving that area if they had chosen the Penn Ave alignment, though in my opinion it is a large oversight not to serve 36th, especially with the hospital, apartments, and many single family homes in the area. I wonder if an infill station could be put here?

StoJa9

Postby StoJa9 » July 27th, 2018, 10:02 am

Hy-Vee looks close to completion. Next month maybe?

Return to “Suburbs”