Municipally-financed Waterpark at MOA - Bloomington

Twin Cities Suburbs
FISHMANPET
IDS Center

Re: Municipally-financed Waterpark at MOA - Bloomington

Postby FISHMANPET » March 9th, 2018, 10:42 am

It seems like only a matter of time before there's some kind of connector linking all the parts of the massive shopping complex together.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » March 9th, 2018, 11:28 am

Not only does the giant U-shape path of the Blue Line slow service between the Mall and Bloomington Central, it also disconnects Old Shakopee and 28th Ave from this development site.

tmart
Rice Park

Re: Mall of America - Bloomington

Postby tmart » March 9th, 2018, 1:40 pm

Something something build the LRT station/transit center into this building instead.
If we were willing to move the transit center to this better location and we're tearing up the entire lot anyway, we might as well just move the final approach underground with a cut-and-cover before there's anything on the site.
It seems like only a matter of time before there's some kind of connector linking all the parts of the massive shopping complex together.
I was vaguely wondering if that weird quarter-circle elevated path in the waterpark rendering was some sort of connector.

BigIdeasGuy
Union Depot

Postby BigIdeasGuy » March 9th, 2018, 7:06 pm

I've always wondered why LRT didn't run right down the middle of Lindau Ln, have a below grade transit hub right in front of the mall then turn north up toward IKEA where it could use a parking lot to turn around. It really made sense to me a few years ago when they were redoing the area.

Plus it would set up nicely for a future line down American Blvd. to Eden Prairie Center to meet up with the SW if that was to ever happen.

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » March 9th, 2018, 10:21 pm

I've always wondered why LRT didn't run right down the middle of Lindau Ln, have a below grade transit hub right in front of the mall then turn north up toward IKEA where it could use a parking lot to turn around. It really made sense to me a few years ago when they were redoing the area.

Plus it would set up nicely for a future line down American Blvd. to Eden Prairie Center to meet up with the SW if that was to ever happen.
Maybe getting the train to ramp down to/up from the tunnel requires more space than is available (esp. coming back UP towards the mall)?