Mall of America - Bloomington

Twin Cities Suburbs
Daboink
Metrodome

Re: Mall of America - Bloomington

Postby Daboink » October 16th, 2015, 8:24 pm

Guys I like arguing about facts as much as the next guy (no, that's a lie, I hate it, it's one of the most despicable behaviors of human conversation) but we can very all this. Because facts!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubba_Gump_Shrimp_Company
I'm confused as to why there was an argument about this to begin with? I think we've all been trolled ;-)

min-chi-cbus
Capella Tower

Postby min-chi-cbus » October 16th, 2015, 10:17 pm

And yet the restaurant based around breasts went out of business!
Hooters is still alive and doing well on the 4th floor. Don't fret.
Its just that no one cares about boobs anymore...
Speak for yourself! :o

SteveXC500
Nicollet Mall

Postby SteveXC500 » October 30th, 2015, 1:20 pm

Signage is up on the JW Marriott now.

at40man
Rice Park

Postby at40man » November 9th, 2015, 11:30 am

New expansion opened today! I can't wait to check it out for myself.

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/2015/1 ... /75446426/

xandrex
Wells Fargo Center

Postby xandrex » November 20th, 2015, 1:29 pm

Seems Mall of America is getting Minnesota's first Shake Shack: https://twitter.com/kavitakumar/status/ ... 6845040640

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » November 20th, 2015, 1:32 pm

Stupid. They better be opening one downtown soon as well.

xandrex
Wells Fargo Center

Postby xandrex » November 20th, 2015, 1:48 pm

Disappointing, perhaps, but certainly not stupid. They'll get great traffic at MOA. I could totally see a Shake Shack doing well at, say, Block E or in the skyway or Uptown, though.

Rube Dali
Nicollet Mall

Postby Rube Dali » November 20th, 2015, 4:01 pm

I want to see a Shake Shack in St. Paul too. Too bad we don't even have a Five Guys in St. Paul either, I have to go to Dinkytown for Five Guys stuff.
Buildings, what buildings?

QuietBlue
Target Field

Postby QuietBlue » November 22nd, 2015, 10:03 pm

Wait, a suburb gets a chain restaurant and people are unhappy and want it downtown instead? I don't get it.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » November 22nd, 2015, 10:16 pm

A suburb got a chain that has almost more downtown locations than suburban location. That's what I'm upset about. The lunch rushes downtown are pure crazy, and it just seems that they don't recognize that.

QuietBlue
Target Field

Postby QuietBlue » November 23rd, 2015, 8:42 am

I worked downtown for almost a decade, so I'm familiar with the lunch rushes. But I also saw how dead many of those places were in the evening and on weekends, if they were even open, unless they got event business. So a location like MOA makes sense due to the traffic. And if (more likely when) they put one in Minneapolis, someplace like Uptown or near the U of M may be a better fit.

I've never been to one, so I have to ask -- what's the big deal about this place? People rave about it, and I'm sure it's good, but it doesn't seem that different from, say, a Smashburger. And a chain restaurant that is mostly in downtowns is still a chain restaurant, which is why I find it amusing that people rip on the suburbs for having a lot of chain restaurants, but give this one a pass. Maybe downtown could use more burger options, but Minneapolis as a whole does pretty well on that front with lots of good non-chain restaurants already.

Minneapolitan

Postby Minneapolitan » November 24th, 2015, 12:13 pm

What is the MOA going to do with that enormous lot to the east side of the mall? When i ride the lrt and it loops around that empty space,... like i just deepy desire something spectacular there. Any rumors on future development?

Malladmirer
Block E

Postby Malladmirer » November 24th, 2015, 3:09 pm

I doubt they're going to do anything with the East lot since it's not connected to the mall. The parking ramp is in the way.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » November 24th, 2015, 3:13 pm

What is the MOA going to do with that enormous lot to the east side of the mall? When i ride the lrt and it loops around that empty space,... like i just deepy desire something spectacular there. Any rumors on future development?
They just bought this land last year. Judging by how long it's taken to get any forward progress with building out to the north. I don't expect this plot to develop anytime soon.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » November 24th, 2015, 3:16 pm

I doubt they're going to do anything with the East lot since it's not connected to the mall. The parking ramp is in the way.
That's hardly a concern. The new MOA transit station & mall entrance will face that lot. If/When they decide to build - there are lots of options - skyway connections, tunnels, etc. The bigger issue is what the land is zoned for and the Federal aviation guidelines.

Malladmirer
Block E

Postby Malladmirer » November 24th, 2015, 4:22 pm

I meant the east lot.

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » November 25th, 2015, 1:39 pm

I meant the east lot.
And everything I mentioned is about the East Lot. Which is south of 82nd Street and east of 24th Ave S, across from the current East Parking Ramp?

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.853641, ... a=!3m1!1e3

Malladmirer
Block E

Postby Malladmirer » November 25th, 2015, 3:39 pm

That's the exact area I was talking about.

go4guy
Foshay Tower

Postby go4guy » November 26th, 2015, 4:48 pm

I worked downtown for almost a decade, so I'm familiar with the lunch rushes. But I also saw how dead many of those places were in the evening and on weekends, if they were even open, unless they got event business. So a location like MOA makes sense due to the traffic. And if (more likely when) they put one in Minneapolis, someplace like Uptown or near the U of M may be a better fit.

I've never been to one, so I have to ask -- what's the big deal about this place? People rave about it, and I'm sure it's good, but it doesn't seem that different from, say, a Smashburger. And a chain restaurant that is mostly in downtowns is still a chain restaurant, which is why I find it amusing that people rip on the suburbs for having a lot of chain restaurants, but give this one a pass. Maybe downtown could use more burger options, but Minneapolis as a whole does pretty well on that front with lots of good non-chain restaurants already.
I have never understood the love for this place. I went to the one in Miami, and was not impressed at all, and it was way overpriced. I would say that In-N-Out Burger is 100 times better. But with their distribution model, we will never get one.

QuietBlue
Target Field

Postby QuietBlue » November 30th, 2015, 10:01 am

I agree with you on both counts in regards to In-N-Out (the high quality and the likelihood of us getting one).