Mall of America - Bloomington

Twin Cities Suburbs
Rube Dali
Metrodome

Re: Mall of America - Bloomington

Postby Rube Dali » May 5th, 2019, 10:04 am

Mercedes-Benz will have a pop-up space open later this month. The following article notes that it will open only for two months.

https://carbuzz.com/news/mercedes-benz- ... l-near-you
Buildings, what buildings?

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Postby HiawathaGuy » May 6th, 2019, 4:04 pm

fehler wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 3:15 pm
I hate that Great Wolf closed it's waterpark to public access, and now bitches about competing waterparks.
Great Wolf wants to begin selling day passes to its Bloomington water park

mulad

Postby mulad » July 17th, 2019, 1:36 pm

There will be a new M Health Fairview Clinic location at the mall, next to the (pharmacy-less) Walgreens:

http://www.startribune.com/mall-of-amer ... 512785382/

A photo from when I saw it on Monday:
IMG_-zajl0t by Michael Hicks, on Flickr

mulad

Postby mulad » August 5th, 2019, 8:39 am

After going to a movie last night, I noticed that the columns in the bus area in the mall's transit center had been repainted. There's still quite a lot of work needed for the new transit center lobby area, so I was surprised to see the new bus platforms were in use this morning when I came in to work. I haven't gotten a close look yet, but it doesn't seem like they really have any BRT-ish features. The roughly 9" curb used at many A Line / C Line stops would have been nice. Of course, the big optimizations here are that buses are no longer mixed with delivery vehicle traffic to the mall (there's a new entrance off of Killebrew Dr. for that) and buses no longer need to cross the LRT tracks.

Delivery vehicles often delayed things due to the need to interact with the people in the guard post, and often have walk-around inspections, and the trains would halt the movement of outbound buses when the gates were down, and inbound traffic often got backed up by that too (usually due to an inbound delivery truck that needed to go straight through rather than the buses which would loop around the LRT platform).

IMG_20190804_214258 by Michael Hicks, on Flickr

IMG_20190805_075811 by Michael Hicks, on Flickr

IMG_20190805_075942 by Michael Hicks, on Flickr

Return to “Suburbs”