Postby mattaudio » October 16th, 2019, 2:10 pm

It's not actually mixed use. It's "horizontal mixed use."

HiawathaGuy
Wells Fargo Center

Re: Eagan, Apple Valley, Burnsville - General Topics

Postby HiawathaGuy » October 16th, 2019, 2:41 pm

QuietBlue wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 7:45 am
I just think it's a weird place to build apartments. It would be convenient for someone who worked at Ecolab, Prime, or one of the other companies nearby, but there's nothing else in the area for shopping and services, other than the new Costco soon and a few restaurants at 55 and Dodd.
This is less than 4 miles from Eagan's plethora of endless shopping options and a little over 4 miles to South Roberts shopping in West Saint Paul. I think the pioneers in Zigiland Living will manage fine. Sure it's not connected well via transit - but hopefully with additional density, that will change.

QuietBlue
Target Field

Postby QuietBlue » October 17th, 2019, 7:29 am

HiawathaGuy wrote:
October 16th, 2019, 2:41 pm
This is less than 4 miles from Eagan's plethora of endless shopping options and a little over 4 miles to South Roberts shopping in West Saint Paul. I think the pioneers in Zigiland Living will manage fine. Sure it's not connected well via transit - but hopefully with additional density, that will change.
Yes, all or most of them will have cars (especially since it sounds like it's going to be fairly upscale). But most existing apartments in Eagan, as well as the ones under construction or proposed, are a lot closer to existing commercial nodes and transit routes. I know there are plans to build more things in Viking Lakes in the future, but a lot can happen in ten years.

xandrex
Wells Fargo Center

Postby xandrex » October 17th, 2019, 1:11 pm

Given that nearly all of my suburban south metro friends and work colleagues (primarily in Eagan, Mendota Heights, etc.) have Vikings living in their apartment buildings, I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few of places rented out went to players.

luigipaladio
Nicollet Mall

Postby luigipaladio » November 12th, 2019, 5:00 pm

The new hotel at Viking Lakes is topped out and rapidly getting enclosed. It’s most interesting feature is a series of two story glassed in spaces running up the north end of the hotel. They are planned to be winter garden spaces for meetings and other events. The meeting and dining spaces at ground level are angular - in the style of many of the buildings on the Vikings campus buildings. Construction of the first apartments in Viking Lakes is set to begin this coming Spring. One of the few vacant properties to the west of Wilfland has just been marked for commercial retail development, something that may happen more often as the buildout of Viking Lakes continues.

Return to “Suburbs”